praying for the people who in the suffering

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:05 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Why all this hatred towards the wealthy?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:18 AM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
Dont get me wrong, the lives lost is truly sad, But i dont feel bad that the Rich Extravegant homes burnt to the ground. Its sickening how much money people spend on a place to sleep.

Again, Its horrible that people have died in the fire. And RIP to their souls.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:25 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Regardless of the size of somebody's home, people still loose irreplaceable belongings such as photos and so on. If people work hard, why shouldn't they own an "extravagant" home? That doesn't make them bad people deserving to have what they have worked for burned to the ground.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:06 AM

because all that extra money is beyond worthless.

WTF can oprah do with over a Billion dollars.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:15 AM

Oprah bothers me to no end, but I think she does a lot of good with all that money. I don't know for certain, but I think she donates a ton and has different programs that she is a substantial member of.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:27 AM

Yeah its called tax write offs.

Suffering is living in the ghetto with no grocery store withiin 20 miles
Old 11-17-2008, 09:29 AM

Not saying that im suffering, but a whole lot of people in the US are suffering.

Suffering is not losing a home worth 50 million. If you have that much to spend in the first place, the wealth could be used in much better ways.

Save animal lives, Feed needy children... so on.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:33 AM

I agree, I just think that people hate on those with an excess amount of money for no valid reason, other than resentment and/or jealousy. And true, Oprah is not suffering by any means.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 AM

im not hating on people who have money. im hating on people who have an excessive unnecessary amount of money.

bill gates, oprah, donald trump, the vatican church.

It ridiculous that people, animals, economy is all dying, but these entities countinue to get richer.

They dont donate for the good of people. Otherwise they wouldnt own a 50 million dollar house. They donate for tax write-offs.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:16 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Originally Posted by brucelee
Yeah, def sucks... In a sick way I'm glad that these fires struck rich peoples homes instead of middle class people who are hard working and would have lost everything... At least the rich folks probably have insurance and money stored away...
Would be more poetic if Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch was burned down, or if you're a Republican...Oprah's estate.

Neverland Ranch value : 20-30 million

Oprahland : 60-75 million

Hope they aren't insured by AIG!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:42 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by JArnaud
Regardless of the size of somebody's home, people still loose irreplaceable belongings such as photos and so on. If people work hard, why shouldn't they own an "extravagant" home? That doesn't make them bad people deserving to have what they have worked for burned to the ground.
Originally Posted by JArnaud
I agree, I just think that people hate on those with an excess amount of money for no valid reason, other than resentment and/or jealousy. And true, Oprah is not suffering by any means.
seriously. i think if anything, it gives certain people ambition to see those with money. i say certain because there are still many who are just not given the opportunity at all be it through education or what not. but with a little sweat equity and luck we all can have more than just security.

i think it's slightly hypocritical for any of you WRX and STi owners to hate on these home owners. can you honestly say AWD and 300hp is a NECESSITY. you could easily get by with a Yaris and dude in a Pinto would definitely call your car unnecessary and excessive. for us enthusiasts it's something we work for and enjoy. same for others with large homes or money. it's just on a different scale.

yes, it's just stuff in the end. that's something we should all realize and i hope it woke some people up. they interviewed this teenager in this neighborhood who hosed down his house while his neighbor's homes burned. and i'm sure he had adrenaline pumping but he said "we SAVED our homes." and then almost in tears he said "and all these other people THEY JUST RAN". all i could think was, you stupid kid... that's because they value life over their ish.

if you're telling me if you won the lottery you'd give away all of it so you can live just a middle class existence i call bs. and if you're assuming that people valued their stuff more than life then i feel sorry that you automatically judge people just because they have money. do you really think warren buffett is donating his fortune as a tax-writeoff. he's giving most of it away. what good is a tax-writeoff in death or for that matter above the IRS limits for deduction.

get the facts straight. it wasn't all million+ dollar homes. i flew down to LA this weekend to help my parents pack since they were moving. i didn't know i would be packing up to evacuate when the fire jumped the freeway and was less than 2 miles from us with nothing but brush between us and the fire. affluent community, yes. rich on a global standard, yes. but filthy rich, not by any means.

we grabbed passports, docs, and a weekends worth of clothes... i think it's a good reminder to us all to be prepared for disaster. even photos and such... you can still have in your memory or create new memories. you only get one life in the flesh. if your home burned down i doubt some impoverished child in south america would say... "i'm glad that guy's home burned down"
Old 11-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by flatline
im not hating on people who have money. im hating on people who have an excessive unnecessary amount of money.

bill gates, oprah, donald trump, the vatican church.

It ridiculous that people, animals, economy is all dying, but these entities countinue to get richer.

They dont donate for the good of people. Otherwise they wouldnt own a 50 million dollar house. They donate for tax write-offs.
I'm sorry but Bill Gates is a good dude. He ****ing donates more than anyone else I've heard of. Between him and Buffet, they've given away more money than oprah has probably earned in the last 5 years. They are definitely good people and they do donate and help some of the poorest people on earth...
Old 11-17-2008, 11:12 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
A brief reminder: we live in a capitalist society, there will always be those who are richer and poorer than you.

Getting happy at peoples homes (no matter how big) burning down is just plain ****ed up.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:15 AM

^^ True, true.