Prayers Needed: RIP Eric Houts (jagstyle)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 02:27 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Just found out a few minutes ago reading my thread over at IWSTI. Still trying to gather myself, Eric you'll be missed bro.

-Gio
Old 05-24-2010, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Why?
Unless there's a terminal illness involved, Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

People reading this need to learn from horrible incident that suicide is not the answer.
It's been quoted. As you may know I could give a **** about most people. This guy meant something to a few people I'd call friends. Out of respect for them, I'll keep my opinions to myself. (Even if many are thinking the same thing...)
Old 05-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
just got off the phone with Eric's dad...such a sad thing to hear another man's pain like that, although I feel honored to have been able to lend an ear for a moment. I really feel for his family. There is no words to make it better for someone in there position.

-Noah
Old 05-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
just got off the phone with Eric's dad...such a sad thing to hear another man's pain like that, although I feel honored to have been able to lend an ear for a moment. I really feel for his family. There is no words to make it better for someone in there position.

-Noah
Thats rough
Old 05-24-2010, 02:38 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports

-Noah
That is a hard conversation to have with a parent.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:41 PM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
WOW......I bought parts off him a few weeks back, awesome guy, this **** is crazy. I was talking with him for awhile about doing more business. Wish I'd known he was suffering from depression, I've been there, wish I could have helped. We have lost a good man here..wow....
Old 05-24-2010, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Geez, not another....RIP Eric...
Old 05-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
RIP.
My condolences go out to the family
Old 05-24-2010, 04:07 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
I never had the privilege to meet and befriend this guy; Im sure it would have been another great opportunity as with every other I meet on here through Subaru. Really sucked that he had to go out that way and that he had all that urge and problems. I hope he can find what he is looking for now.

Originally Posted by JZ oo7
RIP Eric. I didn't know the guy, but we're all a family in this Subaru Community. Condolences to his family.
Couldnt have said it better myself. With that being said,

Rest In Peace Eric Houts. My condolences go out to his friends and family.

Originally Posted by Krinkov
I know why you feel like that, but I trained with crisis councleors when I was a psych major and believe me, suicide is NOT easy and is not ever someones first second or third choice.

Sorry to hear this
Very true, cant help living life and acquiring friends that cling on to your life and the bonds you have made, choices always come with consequences. Suicide isn't so much selfishness as long as they do not take another unwilling person with them physically, mentally, and visually.

Originally Posted by ipozestu
It's been quoted. As you may know I could give a **** about most people. This guy meant something to a few people I'd call friends. Out of respect for them, I'll keep my opinions to myself. (Even if many are thinking the same thing...)
Its " I couldn't give a **** about most people."
Old 05-24-2010, 04:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Wow, that is shocking to hear. I never met the guy, but after having dealt with our loss of Dan to an accident, I can't imagine what those close to him are going through with this situation. My condolences to those that were close to him.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:54 PM

Car Info: .
Just hung out with him a week ago, working on the cars as always. I still can't wrap my head around this, such a good guy, he will be missed.

RIP friend.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:45 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
My prayers for the family.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:10 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Holy hell, didn't expect this.... my condolences go out to his friends and family....
Old 05-24-2010, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi
I am wondering what the reason was. So many people knew him but had no idea this was a possibility. Did he leave any reason behind?

R.I.P.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
I have literally gone through thousands of pictures trying to find a pic of Eric, I can't find one and its frustrating me very much. He came to Subiefest, Super Lap Battle last year, and Redline Time Attack season opener this year with us...he's always been an avid supporter of LIC Motorsports. He is missed by all of us here, he was an asset to our shop and a great spirit.

I just can't wrap my head around how this all came to this. He was always so happy, always with a smile, and always seemed at peace. I'm just blown away and deeply saddened, although I didn't know him like some others did, I feel a great loss for him and this shop will not be the same without him dropping in and saying hello.

its a crummy day to say the least and I can only hope he has found his peace that he truly deserved.

-Noah

Quick Reply: Prayers Needed: RIP Eric Houts (jagstyle)