Powder Update!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 11:00 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Powder Update!!!!

so yeah...as predicted today is a ripping day and I'm stuck at work. Couple feet of fresh and kirkwoods empty with no wind and some sun....errrrrr.

so yeah. Who's going where and when?

I probably won't get up this weekend have some stuff to take care of but I am planning a midweek day or two trip next week.

Top resorts as of now are sugarbowl, kirkwood, sierra/northstar?

So what's up folks.

How's everyone's season's so far.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
I am going to Maui in 3 days and counting. yesterday the weather was 84 Deg. :banana:

-Ted
Old 02-19-2004, 11:25 AM
General Pimpin'

I just had this conversation with some coworkers about 20 minutes ago.

I decided I could never live in hawaii....not enough snow. I'd be up on the ovservation tower jumping off into the only patch of snow in hawaii. I'd be in the new....crazy fool takes 40 foot jump off observation dome.

And during the winter I don't care to visit....once again..no snow.

have a good time in the really warm rain though.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:39 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wgn
I think there is a school break (south bay) this week called "ski week" or something. I was told all places would be packed to the gills so I'm staying home instead of fighting the crowds. They actully bus the students up to these places and everything.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
I was at Bear all day on Monday and it was snowing the whole time.... tons of powder and most people left early, even the lower mountain and the parks were closed. I'll probably try to go up again somewhere in the next few weeks.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:27 PM

Car Info: MY03 WRX Wagon Silver
Was at Mt. Rosa on Monday. Blizzard like condition due to the high base and summit. Decent resort but pretty small. Personal favor are Northstar and Alpine Meadows

After about 6 hours of parking....
Old 02-19-2004, 12:41 PM
General Pimpin'

bah that aint nothing.

Round new years I was at bear valley.

Literally 2 feet of snow at the car after snowboarding all day. Nobody there. Snowing so hard that literally it was tough to find your tracks on the way up the lifts.....crazy.

STG2....we have to get up to bear some time. That's my home place and I ride it all the time. I'd love to ride with some different folks. Long as they like powder and trees.

My hike at bear week ago was pretty dang fun. Snow shoes rip. Still tough though. Specially in 60mph winds.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:41 PM

Car Info: GDA
think i'll be at kirkwood or heavenly this weekend. hopefully kirkwood....
Old 02-19-2004, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I'll either be at Sierra or Northstar this Sat. I would rather go to Kirkwood but people I know have the double whammy pass. I won't be driving my wagon though. Damn fuel leak. I'll take my parents Escape instead.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:36 PM

Car Info: MY03 WRX Wagon Silver
All these talks making me want to go again.
Round new years I was at bear valley.

Literally 2 feet of snow at the car after snowboarding all day. Nobody there. Snowing so hard that literally it was tough to find your tracks on the way up the lifts.....crazy.
I was around tahoe about 1 week before new year. Stuck in traffic for about 8 hours. 1 Porsche SUV, 1 big rig, 1 altima, 1 accord, 1 4-runner, and couple other cars got stuck/plowed themselves into the snowbank. It was funny when a SUV trying to get into the rest area when the exit is pretty much blocked by 3 feet of snow. Yeah he got stuck.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:44 PM
General Pimpin'

pyro...was that when they shut down the 50 and had to take snowmobiles out to the stuck people to give them food and water?

I got stuck up at my cabin that weekend too. I could have made it home but my mom was freakin out....I was like damn...I'm not 16..i've been driving in snow for 10 years. I'm more worried about the flat landers in suv's...lol. Much like your rest stop guy....was it like that vw commercial...haaa...high side city.

Yeah my car had like 10 inches to a foot of snow on it and I cleaned it off then got bummed cause I didn't take pictures first...first time barried for my car. Took the suburban up to bear instead of my wrx and when we got back to the house I had like 2 feet on the car...took pictures...got to get them from my dad. His computer went down. Cleaned it off and spent like 2 hours on the drive way and walk way. Then to appease the moms I stayed the night and stayed off work....next morning I came out to clean my car.....nother freakin foot plus on the car. So had to clean the car again and the drive way again.....along with a 3 foot ice wall left by the scraper. Bahh....So yeah....in like 3 days it dropped about 4 plus feet. And that was at 4000 feet. Great riding though. My only true...true powder days this year and I've been up like 10plus times. Prompted me to buy a new board and I haven't got it in real powder yet....little bits...and old powder...I want a good 2 foot of fresh run.....
Old 02-19-2004, 01:55 PM

Car Info: 2004 Black/Gold STi
I was just in Aspen.......Fuhking Awesome!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 01:55 PM

double whammy pass rocks. but i favor northstar more. going there this saturday
Old 02-19-2004, 02:01 PM
General Pimpin'

I want to get out to CO or UT really bad this year but it doesn't look like I'll make it. My riding partner is my little brother and he's a damn stoner so he never has enough money. Was gonna go to Wyoming this year but my bro is dumb. He saved my life last year...I was going to canada and had to cancel cause he spent his money....ended up being an avi and 9 people got killed....I have a custom made sweatshirt in rememberence.

Anyways.....

oh and northstar....I hate northstar. To flat. Too many people. Too many damn lifts to get to the good places...booo.

Best double wammy pass was this years SugarWood pass. Sugarbowl and kirkwood...two of the best resorts around.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally posted by OneManArmy

Best double wammy pass was this years SugarWood pass. Sugarbowl and kirkwood...two of the best resorts around.
Are you serious? They had a double whammy pass for Kirkwood? Damnit I can't believe I didn't see that.

Quick Reply: Powder Update!!!!