powder hounds

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 09:21 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally posted by lowball
2-feet of fresh @ Kirkwood and I'm frickin' stuck in the office!

"I hate this place, I don't belong here..."
no joke broham....and tomorrow calls for sun.....2 feet and a bluebird at kirkwood....bah to corporate america...booooooooo.
Old 02-04-2004, 01:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Ah, so I went today to Sierra . I was mainly up in the trees between East About, Castle Way, Preachers Passion and Dynamite.

Freaking lots of powder. It was up to my knees at some points, while riding and above my knees while stopped (why did I speed check in the trees? Bad nick, no donughts tonight).

And you know if the powder is that good at Sierra, just imagine what its like at the better resorts.

I tried to take some pics (to whet all ya'lls appetite), but I think my camera is finally dead. It has served me well these past 6 years, but I guess it couldn't take any more abuse
Old 02-04-2004, 04:24 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
Oh Yeah, FYI: Buy one get one free lift passes for Bear at Long's Drug Stores
Old 02-04-2004, 04:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally posted by OneManArmy
no joke broham....and tomorrow calls for sun.....2 feet and a bluebird at kirkwood....bah to corporate america...booooooooo.
Goin' up Sunday...rollin' about 6 deep so far. Sierra@Tahoe is the call since I got free tickets. Hope there is some pow left for me!
:banana:
Old 02-05-2004, 11:18 AM

Car Info: Soon to be a 2011 WRX?
Sugar Bowl

Powduh!

Holy shnikeys Batman was there powder. It was just under 3 feet over the course of 2 days and I was riding it yesterday. Two buddies of mine and I hiked up to the top of Judah. That's the first time I've ever gone hiking, that's some tiring work, but worth it for the ride down. Here's a flick of two of my buddies up a bit before we got to the peak of Judah.

Link to pic here...
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...threadid=47417

Oh yeah. I have a job too, I just felt a lil sick (riiiiiight!) so I couldnt make it in. Im feeling alllll better now!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:34 AM
General Pimpin'

I'm still yet to hit that up right there but I really want to go some time with someone that knows the area. I really want to ride off the back down to the road. I hear it rips.

I am not much for hiking either. I'm fat. lol.

only ridden sugar a couple times and I haven't had that great of time cause i don't know the mountain. I road with some folks last year but it was a bad day for me and they weren't all that cool with chilling. It was like haul it all the time. parks and what not.

so i'll show somebody the trees of bear if you show me the ropes of the lesser know parts of sugar.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
There's a good chance I'll be at Bear on Sunday... not totally sure yet, I'm still finalizing plans.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:09 PM
General Pimpin'

drop a line on here if you're gonna be. Maybe we can hook up some time during the day. Or just look for my car.

We'll be up there super late sat night. Like 2 or 3 am.

if you want...in the morning stop by the cabin and throw some new wax on your board or something. We'll be up waxing. Look for the only open garage at 7am.

We'll be there sunday for sure and it looks like monday for sure last new from my brother says.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:40 PM

Car Info: Soon to be a 2011 WRX?
Originally posted by OneManArmy
I'm still yet to hit that up right there but I really want to go some time with someone that knows the area. I really want to ride off the back down to the road. I hear it rips.

I am not much for hiking either. I'm fat. lol.

only ridden sugar a couple times and I haven't had that great of time cause i don't know the mountain. I road with some folks last year but it was a bad day for me and they weren't all that cool with chilling. It was like haul it all the time. parks and what not.

so i'll show somebody the trees of bear if you show me the ropes of the lesser know parts of sugar.
The funny part is that none of us knew the area! We just saw some deep foot prints and some ski tracks up on the mountain side. We had a map and we could tell people had been up already that day, so we just hiked it up. We found some people at the peak and they told us where we should go... I'm not so sure I should be guiding tours for anyone yet. But if we all wind up on the same mountain I'll ride with anyone from I-Club.

Oh yeah, I'm part of the fat boy club too, and I made it up[ the mountain, so you can too! Heh. Have fun this weekend...
Old 02-10-2004, 01:12 AM
General Pimpin'

anybody make bear this weekend?

I parked next to a black sedan on Sunday.

today sucked. windy...2 runs open when we got there. Hung out til 11. Then grabbed some snow shoes and went hiking...built a huge kicker and rode fresh lines all day....

both days really. went scouting sunday too. ripped sunday.

so tired. Fat....and hiking....don't mix...haaaa.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Rode Sierra on Sunday. Snow, weather and trees were good. Lines, gapers and the drive home sucked. We got last chair off Grandview Express, nice. 1hr. to get from the top of Sierra down to hwy 50...not so nice.

Anyway, going to UT on Sunday for a week One day Heli-boarding and the rest at resorts or maybe a snowcat trip as well. I'll try and post some photos when I get back.

LB
Old 02-10-2004, 08:17 AM
VIP Member

OneManArmy-

Dude I saw your car right when we got to Bear valley on Sunday, you were right near the first ticket booth. We stayed there from about 9-3:30, it was pretty good and wasnt as crowded as it is normally on a weekend. Maybe we can meet up another time.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:46 AM
General Pimpin'

lowball and his dang helli trips.....bah.

When can I get in on one of these bad boys? Shoot I can only dream right now I'm not geared up for it. No squaks and no transeavers right now.

I got these binocs that take digital photos and I'm looking into sending them back and trying to get a helmet cam.

Sunday ripped for me. I literally saw not one other person in any of the places I road all day.....on the way there but never there. Only lines I crossed all day were either mine or my brothers. Amazing. Found a couple of new low traveled areas that require maybe a 5 minute walk to the bus.

One thing I love about bear is that if you stay off the front side of the mountain you really don't have to deal with too many gapers and since I rarely hit parks anymore I don't have to deal with the park groms either. Love it.

I was riding down this huge patty on sunday...looked across the ridge to see two of the hugest flat kickers to huge drops I've ever seen. Saw do rip a rodio5...first hit on the second booter. Ran into him on the bottom....local 16 year old...bah.

Monday was sweet. Snow was a little wetter and the wind was hectic but when you strap on some snow shoes...***** for about 5 minutes then climb away and ride some secluded areas it's just awesome. I feel sore but so good today.

I realized after a couple lifts from snowmobilers.....I need a dang snowmobile.

Glad a couple of us got up. We need more snow....bad.

stg2......which car was yours? I saw the black sedan. A white bug eye wagon and a silver wagon and a but load of non wrx's. couple of legacy wagons. That ripper local kid I was talking about had a 92 legacy wagon.

Monday I saw a nice silver o4 wagon with some ripping tires on it. and parked across the way from another sub....mbp with bronze what looked like those rotas that look like RCII's or maybe RCII's. Big wing...maybe an sti but there were mad folks behind it so I could get a look at the tail lights to see what year they were.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

OneManArmy-

I rode up with my friend in his White 1990 Legacy sedan, I don't have a car right now (my '00 Legacy was totaled back in December) but should be getting an RS next month if all goes well.