Post your reasons for being PULLED over.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
im brown
Old 10-07-2003, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
pulled over for having an aftermarket exhaust, just an exhaust, no downpipe, upipe, engine mods, just the sound/noise, i got pulled over, then they saw my tint, i was too "low", and for having a rosary (yes i'm d typical filipino) hanging by my rear view mirror, saying it was obstructing my view, i've been driving since i was 13 (in the PI), and since i was 16 here in the states, and i've always had a rosary/cross dangling over my rear view and never really was a reason for my getting into an accident....

fixed the exhaust ticket with gettng a smog check, knew another officer to sign off the tint without having to take if off my windows, and got the ticket signed from an officer, while i placed my rosary in my pocket, and after signing it, put it back on the winshield,and yes, i got an even bigger cross from the church!!
Old 10-07-2003, 12:19 PM

oh yea, when i got the ticket for doing 107 in a 65, since i only had a permit it never affected my insurencce
Old 10-07-2003, 12:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
soya....just reminded me of the only ticket I ever talked myself out of. Don't know how I forgot it.

If anyone knows santa cruz well at all....i get off the freeway all the time at granite road...the denny's and chevron and shell...on 17 just before it drops to the 50mph area...scotts valley.

Getting back on there is a really short entrance...I make the left at the light to hit the entrance and my buddy says he lets eat and denny's real quick...so I bust a u turn....well there is an off ramp right there too....very very illegal place to bust a uturn. Cop nails me.......

I am like...what did I get pulled over for..he's like...you just made very hazerdous and illegal u turn...I says.....ohhhh...I thought I was getting on the off ramp...saw that big red sign and it freaked me out.....

He takes my lisense...says hayward on it....says..where you from...I says hayward..he says..you just come over here for the day...I says yeah...he says....well...that is the onramp as well as the offramp there....do you know how to get home...I said..kinda...he says...well take 17 it turns into 880....etc...etc....

I says...oh thank you sir...won't happen again...I don't come here often.

As I get on the freeway my friend next to me is like...dude your from santa cruz I thought you knew wear you were going...I started laughing....and says...I do you dumb idiot....he was like...man that was the smoothest thing I have ever seen.

So sweet.....I mean if you have driven there....there is a light for crying out loud...with a turn lane.....why would there be a turn lane to the offramp? haaaaaa.

Anyone drive there.....you feel me....crazy isn't it...
Old 10-07-2003, 12:36 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I live in Fremont, go figure...

1) Pulled over in my Dad's '02 GT-S /w performance kit. Going 50 in a 45mph just off of Automall. The cop was like "Why are you pullin' on here?" Daytime automall people fly by at like 50mph+ between 880 and 680. Asked if I had an aftermarket exhaust, I told him it was stock, and he gives me some glare. Popped the hood, and guess what, he said it was stock (duhhhh). Let me go.
What's worse is that he took his nice time checkin' my registration. My dad drives by (i was right across from my house too) and pulls into our house. I drive up and he's sittin' there and says "Speedin' huh?" "Yea, I was only going 50 in a 45 zone, he let me off. Gave me a fix it ticket for license" I didn't know you had to get one of those things from the DMV for moving.

2) The backroads where Gruppe-S is around, between Automall and Stevenson. Cop hit me where the harly and all the car shops were around. Switched in a 2 way 2 lane that runs along 880. Going 50 in a 35mph zone. I recall once before where I was sittin' with PJ in his rex hittin' 90+. PJ told me they test their cars there all the time, guess I was unlucky with some stupid dick headed cop on a motocycle sittin' on the side of one of the turn ins. Fined somewhere near 200 bux.

Yes, Fremont is the worst place to be, even with STOCK CARS.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
- CHP. Speeding between Vallejo and Fairfield 80 in a 55. No grace. 80 in a 55.

- CHP. Speeding between Vallejo and Fairfield 80 in a 65. No grace. 80 in a 65.

I learned my lesson. I got a job in San Francisco and hardly drive that way anymore

- SFPD. Running a red light at Judah and 9th. I mouthed off to the cop because I knew I didn't do it. Somehow, he doesn't show up and his affidavit/report, even though it has information that actually proves my case, I lose the case.

- SFPD. Speeding & Loud exhaust. Let me off on the speeding. Still got the ticket for the exhaust which was truly horrendous. I showed him the new parts in the back seat that were for the fix, still gave me the ticket. Over all, the nicest cop I've met so far. There was a clerical error and the court had no record I wrote the ticket off, even though I did everything properly. Warrant goes out for my arrest. I go before a judge, show receipts, records, etc and he believes me. Somehow I still paid $40 The ticked was $10. The warrant fine was $128. He actually haggled with me!? I shoulda just said "Well, I didn't do anything wrong to deserve the warrant... so how about just $10". Ah 20/20 hindsight.

The staticts are that people commit 2,000 moving violations between every ticket. I'm sure I've done more than that since my last ticket (mostly speeding on city streets). I'm ALWAYS scanning for cops. I've had a few close calls (coming around a corner and oops, there's a cop) but not tickets in a few years now *knock on wood*. I just try to be safe all the time... doesn't mean I always obey the vehicle code

jason
Old 10-07-2003, 01:18 PM

v1 all the way baby
saved me countless times already
Old 10-07-2003, 01:28 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Pulled over on the side of the road, uhmm doing something in my car, with my hazards on, cop pulled up behind me, gave him lic/reg and he let me go

"ran a stop sign" in oakland, cop at 4 way stop didnt stop even though I did, gave me some BS about pedestrians in the crosswalk (there were none), cop let me go, was my second week of driving

55 in a 35 right in front of Diablo Country Club at 1 AM by CC Sheriff, no ticket (I was 17)

85 in a 65 on 680 south in Danville, got written up for 80, was at 1230 AM with no one on the road (damn red car).
Old 10-07-2003, 01:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
i think i've possed these a million times by now so hears the short version.

1) crossing across too many lanes inbetween cars to an exit in Corta Medera. (no ticket)
2) Failure to stop completely @ stop sign in Woodacre (ticket)
3) Speeding. going 94 mph in a 75 zone in Arizonia (ticket)
4) Speeding. Going 85 mph in a 55 zone in Maine (ticket)
5) Crossing double yellow. between Stinson and Point Reyes HWY 1 (ticket)
6) Speeding. Doing 71 mph in a 55 zone. Sir Francis Drake Woodacre (ticket)
7) Speeding. Doing 56 mph in a 45 zone. Nicacio (no ticket)
8) Speeding. Going 45 mph in a 25 zone. San Rafael (ticket)
9) Failure to stop. Bull$hit. Corte Medera (no ticket)
10) Failure to stop at red light. Bull$hit. Fairfax (no ticket)

there may be others but that's what comes to mind right now.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:33 PM

how's your insurence doin rich?
Old 10-07-2003, 02:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
iLoqin....I used to chill at Streetwize....cops always patrol that part of the road because of Streetwize and the harley shop....kids with performance cars and people on bikes...it's ticket central.......we always test drive the cars on 880 right there...just pop out at automall and go to stevenson then go back...same difference but less likely to get a ticket believe it or not.

I almost got snagged there a few times.

Quick Reply: Post your reasons for being PULLED over.