Post your Mt Hamilton Photos here and only here

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 12:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
I thought it was a hell of a deal for $10. Just to get to see the way so many other owners have modded their cars was worth it.

The only thing I would recommend is that the retailers bring more stuff.

From what the guy at the gate said...everyone was trying to pay for parking with $100 bills.

So...there was a lot of money most likely willing to be spent

The only thing else I would have to say is more people need to stay behind and help clean up. That place was trashed. (and yes.....I did help clean up, and I don't expect squat for it, wasn't even asked to do it, just felt that it was the right thing to do)

So, great event. And hope to be there next time.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:52 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
oneman: it appears that you are quite angry or bitter about a large majority of the stuff at the event. all the people that put in the time and effort to get this event together should receive a round of applause and a gift basket. instead they will probably assist with next years even because they are truly dedicated to this club. if you truly had that much of a problem with the event you could have left or not come at all. these people do the best that they can and that is more then enough. if you think you could do better.. prove it.

and by the way.. stop hating on the wide body wagon, I don't see many wrx wagons with jdm sti motors, 265's and a series of other damn good modifications with a lot of the work done by one of the best mechanics have ever seen in my entire life (LIC). that car is a beast, no one should feel they need to defend it... it speaks for itself...

have a nice day.

Last edited by 02scubyroo; 07-24-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Originally Posted by 02scubyroo
.... stop hating on the wide body wagon, I don't see many wrx wagons with jdm sti motors, 265's and a series of other damn good modifications with a lot of the work done by one of the best mechanics have ever seen in my entire life (LIC). that car is a beast, no one should feel they need to defend it... it speaks for itself....
Thanks for the kind words Adam, but you know I'll deny it Next time the Wagon makes an appearance, I'm sure it will be better. It was the first time that we saw it with the flares and new paint. The rear flares are so wide, I think we could go a little wider on the tires. They're actually a little small for the wheel, they're 18 x 9's, so mabye 285's If we were located closer to Vishnu, I would have made sure the Wagon was lowered before the event. Apparently, I still need to wire up the new headlights. Afterall it's just Mt Hammy, not like it was a show or competition.

-Adam
Old 07-24-2005, 02:27 PM

Car Info: 2005 Blue STi Gold Wheels Piggy Stickers!!!
Talking

To Each's own.. Widened wagons don't offend me. Evo's do..
hahhaa.. Just kidding...
Anyway the $10.00 bucks was super cheep for sucha killer get together..
We owe everyone who worked an dinner or something. I mean there was so much time and effort, and this was for our benifit...

Big thanks to everyone who helped out.. I didn't but feel bad now.. All I can say is the bigger this gets, and the more posative we can make it the better for everyone. Keep up the good work everyone..

Also anyone with HIGH res photos of the Stock Blue 05 gold rims with piggy stickers shoot them my way.. I just love em..
Old 07-25-2005, 10:18 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'm not bitter about ****. I'm allowed my opinions and I'll stand by them.

Alcohol is STUPID to have at an event like this where probably 40% of those attending are under age..maybe more. When you are the one providing the alcohol you are responsible for those drinking it..I've thown enough kegers to understand this. And I can say that I am 100% possitive there were more than a couple under age drinkers at the meet. On top of that it takes up a huge chunk of the budget that could be spent on things like meat and GIVING shirts to people. If you'd like me to dig into basic economics I will. This is just one of the issues. I talked to probably 10 people that didn't get "their" share. People that got one chicken thigh to eat.

many people didn't get the shirts/hoodies their ordered..including me. That shouldn't happen. That doesn't mean I have something again sireat. In fact I think he's cool as hell. he held onto my hoodie and drove me to my car to get my funds to pay for it cause I lagged. I appreciate that. I am very thankful for the guy and all he did..nobody else stepped up to do it...including me.

And if you look at many of my posts I am very greatful for what Daniel did. He puts a lot of time and energy as well as money into this event. A lot of people do. He's been doing it a long time and he does a great job with it...that doesn't mean things couldn't use changing. **** Viva Las Vegas is changing for next year and it's been going on longer and is probably 50x's larger.

Daniel should no I have no problem with him or what he does. And as for your post daniel.......come on! I offered you help on AT LEAST 5 occassion. And I know several other people that offered help as well. Not only did you not accept it but you didn't even respond in thanks for offering...or no I got that handled thanks anyways. I sent you a few PM's on the subject.

I could have provided professional BBQ'ing and meat. I could have helped with the shirts. I could have helped with the entertainment. the set up...etc. I know how to do this ****. It's not my fault that you didn't except the help. I like you. I got no problem with you and you know that. But don't give me **** for not helping when I offered.

as for the wagon...once again I am entitled to my own opinion. I was actually nice in what i said. I honestly think it looks like crap. I don't like the graphics. The multicolor. The black pillar on the side? WTF? if the roof was black it would flow much much better. I'm a damn artist for crying out loud. I'm gonna look at something and not like it..it's ok. I'm sure some people don't like my wagon..what do I care..it's not their car. Just like that wagon isn't mine. I also said it was very cool how they are doing something different and I"m glad people are trying to do things like the fender flares. Then can be done differently but the cool thing about cars is you can do things differently than other. That car has a lot of cool stuff on it and I think it's dope that you could easily run 285 on it. The performance aspect of the car is cool as hell. Although it's a bit high but their could be a purpose for this for all I know. Shoot I love the guys at LIC. I love pretty much everything they touch... Kevin is like...my go to guy when it comes to questions on my car. he's the guy that got me into i-club to begin with. When the time comes for me to drop a new motor into wagon I'll be going with LIC. Doesn't mean I have to like the way that wagon looked.

I have to be honest..this crap is pissing me off. I'm allowed to have my opinion and a lot of people share my opinions..they just aren't man enough to open their mouths. Scared of Daniel or just too damned nice. I'm neither. Why should I be scared of someone I'd consider a friend? And why should I be nice? You guys are calling me out..that's fine. i openned my mouth for a reason. I'd like to see some of this stuff change next year. Things don't change if nobody says anything.

Do I think that I could do a better job than daniel with it...probably not but I sure as hell could help him make it better. Do I think I could have done a better job with the shirts. Who the hell knows. He did fine. I dig the black actually. And the design was fine. You do what you can do in short time and the guy through the design together and did fine. He'd even tell you that he wishes he had more time with it.

So in short.....

wagon...cool but ugly.
shirts...thanks
meet. awesome yet again but it needs some changes.
alcohol at the meet. Got to go. BYOB. I did.
Daniel. Love the guy. got no problems with him.
Lic. Love them. My favorite stuff comes out of that shop and some of my favorite people are there.
Bitter. Not in the least. I don't believe in being bitter. Bitter would have been holding it in then talking **** and not doing anything about it.

that clear it up for you? if you want to yell at me curse me hate me or ask questions start a new thread. This one is for photos.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:21 AM
General Pimpin'

agreed. On the cars, the parking, the trash.

The place was JACKED up when I left and I left pretty much last. I would have had to walk around for 2 hours to clean up all the crap..beer bottles left in the parking lot. maybe next year more trash cans.

thumbs up for picking up more than your share. Right on.

Originally Posted by RedStage
I thought it was a hell of a deal for $10. Just to get to see the way so many other owners have modded their cars was worth it.

The only thing I would recommend is that the retailers bring more stuff.

From what the guy at the gate said...everyone was trying to pay for parking with $100 bills.

So...there was a lot of money most likely willing to be spent

The only thing else I would have to say is more people need to stay behind and help clean up. That place was trashed. (and yes.....I did help clean up, and I don't expect squat for it, wasn't even asked to do it, just felt that it was the right thing to do)

So, great event. And hope to be there next time.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRB Wagon
Originally Posted by kimbo63
Well, heres the story... This car was made for Car and Drivers Suer Four Shootout, the body work was done in ONE week, it was not meant to be pretty, we were very suprised how well it came out in the little time we had. It has 265's on it, we just needed some bigger fenders to work with the tires. LIC did the full conversion to a JDM STi, inlcluding all the suspension work, etc. The car is still unfinished and that is why it isn't lowered yet, the coilovers simply need to be adjusted, something that we were planning on doing the night before Hamilton. When we were done doing the other prepping we realized the headlights weren't hooked up so we couldn't drive it to the location to adjust the coilovers It's not a show car, even though it wasn't completely finished, we wanted to show everyone what we have been working on the past few months. We'll be sure to post up pics once it is completed
I'm glad that my work on mounting the tires to the wheels was worth it... At least it's driveable and just needs some finish work done on it and bang, it's all good to go.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:03 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by kimbo63
Well, heres the story... This car was made for Car and Drivers Suer Four Shootout, the body work was done in ONE week, it was not meant to be pretty, we were very suprised how well it came out in the little time we had. It has 265's on it, we just needed some bigger fenders to work with the tires. LIC did the full conversion to a JDM STi, inlcluding all the suspension work, etc. The car is still unfinished and that is why it isn't lowered yet, the coilovers simply need to be adjusted, something that we were planning on doing the night before Hamilton. When we were done doing the other prepping we realized the headlights weren't hooked up so we couldn't drive it to the location to adjust the coilovers It's not a show car, even though it wasn't completely finished, we wanted to show everyone what we have been working on the past few months. We'll be sure to post up pics once it is completed

Thanks for the nice reply. I didn't see it until just now.

That's an adventure. Seems stuff like that always happens when you have something to get ready for.

I honestly think you guys are doing a great job on the wagon and I can't wait to see how it performs. I think it's gonna be bad ***. I'd love to do the drive train swap you guys did in my wagon..but I'm digging my v8 spec C suspension. Thought it was 7 until the other day I was clearing out my pm's and went...oh...it was v8...sweet... haaa.

When you are doing something for performance, image is secondary. That's why I commented on being excited about seeing those huge tires on it and seeing how it performs in my last post. I'm allowed to not like how it looks...looks aren't number one..haaaa.

Honestly though...paint the roof black..you will be very happy you did. It will look better. lower it. much much improved.

Please keep us posted on the numbers, progression and results.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
sorry I didn't respond to your PMs... But do you have any idea how many PMs and such I had regarding this event? Probably over 100... Its just hard to keep track... So when I read something, I don't respond right away, and I tell myself I'll go back later to respond... but then I forget, etc. MY BAD.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by brucelee
sorry I didn't respond to your PMs... But do you have any idea how many PMs and such I had regarding this event? Probably over 100... Its just hard to keep track... So when I read something, I don't respond right away, and I tell myself I'll go back later to respond... but then I forget, etc. MY BAD.

It's all good man. No big deal. I just took offense to being told to give my free time away like I didn't offer.

You probably got WELL over 100.

Just remember next year. I am totally down to assist. I really think I have some ideas that could help. I'm not trying to be an Ahole. it just happens sometimes. haaa. Seriously though. I've talked with a few people about it over the last few months and we all seem to agree that with the size this thing is getting to be a few things could use changing. Not that it wasn't great. It was. And not that it wouldn't be great if it is done the exact same way next year...it probably will/would be. Just saying...change is sometimes needed.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 BLQ WRX WGN
OneMan: Where to start? Hrrm...
I'm not bitter about ****. I'm allowed my opinions and I'll stand by them.
Sure, you're entitled to your own opinion. However, an ill-educated and ignorant opinion touted in public is just completely unecessary.

Alcohol is STUPID to have at an event like this where probably 40% of those attending are under age..maybe more. When you are the one providing the alcohol you are responsible for those drinking it..I've thown enough kegers to understand this. And I can say that I am 100% possitive there were more than a couple under age drinkers at the meet. On top of that it takes up a huge chunk of the budget that could be spent on things like meat and GIVING shirts to people. If you'd like me to dig into basic economics I will. This is just one of the issues. I talked to probably 10 people that didn't get "their" share. People that got one chicken thigh to eat.
This event has gone on for five years. The alcohol was requested by previous patrons. Previous complaints have been that there was not enough alcohol. If the alcohol is not provided, then people would demand money off of the entrance price. The amount of money spent on alcohol came out to around a dollar per person. The people drinking alcohol were less likely to drink the soda the water (whereas the others were less likely to touch the alcohol - I'm sure you can follow that). So, the way it worked out, the ones drinking beer supplemented those not... Balanced out. If people you know only got one thigh, they must've missed out on the time there was being food served. We brought home over 20 pounds of meat after the event. There was more than enough bread products left over (we wound up throwing out a whole container of croissants and two bags of rolls. There were leftover beverages.
Sure, I'll give you the underage thing. I, personally, would have liked to card everyone who intended on drinking and have someone handling who got the alcohol. The laws for the park simply state that whomever is consuming the alcohol is responsible for the consumption, simply stating that whomever abuses it will be asked to leave. I'm not sure how it is in California, but - in three other states I've lived in - as long as you aren't SERVING the alcohol and it isn't "hard" liquor, it's not required that you card individually. Specifically, the event did not advertise that there would be alcohol. There was no agreement stating it would be there. Liken it to someone setting it down and people helping themselves.

many people didn't get the shirts/hoodies their ordered..including me. That shouldn't happen. That doesn't mean I have something again sireat. In fact I think he's cool as hell. he held onto my hoodie and drove me to my car to get my funds to pay for it cause I lagged. I appreciate that. I am very thankful for the guy and all he did..nobody else stepped up to do it...including me.
Ken bailed us out, and as I mentioned previously, there was a situation you *did* not hear about regarding this. It will NOT happen again and nothing could have been done to prevent it. This is not going to be a public venting session regarding what happened, just to satiate your craving to feel satisfied regarding this situation. We all thank Ken. Had there been more time after **** hit the fan, there would have been much more organization regarding this.
Again, if we charged more for the event, we would have been able to provide shirts for everyone. Unfortunately, everyone's shirts/hoodie choices cost differently, and everyone would have wound up eating the cost on other people's clothing. There were free shirts being distributed at the event, just not the event shirts. Liken it to a concert you attend. You pay 3-8x's as much and all you get is the show. No food, no SWAG, just the seat.
If the idea is that the alcohol could've been cut to provide the shirt, that would've been a 4$/person loss (At the LEAST). If you want, I can draw out an economical outline demonstrating this for you.

I have to be honest..this crap is pissing me off. I'm allowed to have my opinion and a lot of people share my opinions..they just aren't man enough to open their mouths. Scared of Daniel or just too damned nice. I'm neither. Why should I be scared of someone I'd consider a friend? And why should I be nice? You guys are calling me out..that's fine. i openned my mouth for a reason. I'd like to see some of this stuff change next year. Things don't change if nobody says anything.
Sure, I agree with all points. I think people coddle their opinions because of loyalty towards those involved. They're doing it because they're AWARE of the amount of effort and planning that went into this event. *****ing about it in public would be regarded as a slap in the face, instead of making polite suggestions via PM, or even starting a thread for everyone to voice their suggestions (not *****es) about how to improve it for next year.
I don't have a problem with your complaining/expressing of opinion, I have a problem with your modality.
My issue with your posts is that you are basing all of your judgements off of your perspective, which is ill-informed. That's all. I wouldn't bother defending this **** if it weren't to educate you on the reality of the situation. There was so much more that hit the fan without you (or many others, thankfully) being aware of it. Such is life when you're dealing with volunteers (aka, NOT reimbursed for their efforts) and humans. Just remember that at all times when you crucify those involved for their efforts because it doesn't wind up your ideal.

that clear it up for you? if you want to yell at me curse me hate me or ask questions start a new thread. This one is for photos.
Not in the rules. If you want to start something in one place and drag it to another, it nullifies responses. :P You get this here and in the same fashion of which you've provided to us.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:12 PM
General Pimpin'

I am aware of the work that went into this. I've been a part of organizing events for over 10,000 people. 200 plus bands. I'm very well of what goes on in the music industry.

This is why I suggest a group thing on planning meetings and what not as I'm sure that you guys did that. I haven't *****ed as much as it seems..i've mixed good with bad...it's just the bad that gets addressed. I complained about the shirts.....it was obviously off. Not saying anything bad about the dude that handled it. he stepped up to the plate. But I was right on that. I didn't get my shirt and I got the smalled XL I've ever seen...my 5 foot 3 girlfriend is the proud owner of it..the one that usually sports smalls. But I was right...it was an issue. Good to know that there was a reason for that. But you can not hold it against me for not knowing..you don't know if you're not told. It's a valid "complaint"

The food. Alcohol.

Personally..the best way to handle this is to SEPERATE IT. have the food in one place the alcohol in another. You get carded when you come into the alcohol area. If you choose to let 18 year olds drink and drive it's on you. Me personally..I'm not into that. If I were the one that would be held responsible for it I'd take ever care I could. As for the advertising bit...I seem to remember there being TONS of advertising that there would be alcohol there. If you want to provide alcohol..that's fine. Just be careful with it.

The food. There is no way to control when people eat and how much. I talked to many people that ate...maybe one piece of chicken. I went in later and there was NO meat. I wasn't planning on eating any but it was something I saw. It may have been in containers but if there is nobody there cooking it or there is no obvious place for the meat people assume it's gone. I'm not the only one that made that assumption. Last year similar deal.

Parking was a mess. I'm not sure if nobody read the threads and knew they had to pay to park...I'm sure that's the case with many of them. I stand by that the parking should be part of the deal. but this could have been something you looked into and it didn't work...part of the knowledge deal. Waiting for OVER an hour to get in in the heat sucked. It was really the only negative part of the deal. This isn't a ride at disneyland.

as for the economics outline...I'd love to see it.

If you didn't provide alcohol you could throw in shirts and parking. You don't loose people don't ask for money back....hoodies are extra. Extra shirts are extra. It's part of the planning process...and yes I have done this before. usually not for 200 plus events but I have done it for the low 100's and it worked.

Have a seperate alcohol area. People can pay there or pay ahead of time...as you said...beer was a buck a head. I'm sure most folks would be more than happy to show ID and pay $5 to get a wrist band to drink.

just ideas people. You think I'm attacking you guys. That's the funny part.

At no part did I ever say..you're a bunch of idiots. hammy sucked. blah blah mikki's a tool daniel ****ed up..etc. All I said is that some things can use improvement..it's part of the growth process. this started 5 years ago with what...30 cars. Next year I wouldn't be surprised that 300 show up.
another model year and throw in the saabaru cars.

you telling me that nothing could use improvement?

I'm not *****ing. I had a great time. Got some good driving in. got to hang with friends. Check out great cars. drink a couple of my own beers. Shoot the **** and sit around all day. I was one of the last 4 cars there.

It was a GREAT event and I feel it was done very well.

I don't understand how someone voicing opinions about a car or a few things that could use changing is suck a big freaking deal with people. It's a ****ing opinion people. I didn't tell you that you sucked or the event sucked or I hate you or whatever. it's not that big a freakin deal. I'd actually prefer that you dropped it. But if you want to stir around in drama **** I'd be happy to sit down over a beer and do it in person. You'll find I'm not an idiot and my opinions are not ignorant.

You are allowed to have opinions based on YOUR experience.

so once again. Pull back the fangs. This isn't a personal attack. It's opinion and I'd be more than happy to talk to anyone involved with this in person and more than happy to do whatever you guys need next year. Even pre plan and predesign a package for this...both to present to i-club and to the press..ie. magazines.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:27 PM

life's too short for all this *****in'. *****, pics of *****. That's what this thread is about. Cars! I mean pics of cars!
Old 07-25-2005, 01:29 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by pink-i-wagon
life's too short for all this *****in'. *****, pics of *****. That's what this thread is about. Cars! I mean pics of cars!

exactly. I already contacted daniel. I'm done with it. If folks want to yell at me and tell me I'm ignorant we can do it face to face. I'll buy the first pitcher.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRB Wagon
from inside my car in line. I'm glad that I came up Quimby instead and was able to cut through the line a bit..hehe

Last edited by drew935; 02-01-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Post your Mt Hamilton Photos here and only here