post pics of your ink work/piercing(s)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:08 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
6 hours should be enough time for you to get a life-size depiction of a spider. I think my pop's armband took a few weeks. I know my neighbor's sock, glove and neck tat took over a year to complete. Just remember, every single dot is made with a needle wrapped with string thwacked by a piece of wood. If it doesn't look right the first time, it gets done again. It takes time... Of course, your results may vary. Of course could also have a lot to do with the artist. This guy would come over with his own kava to ease the pain.

have you ever watched it done first hand by a professional?

These guys hall major *** and it's not ONE needle. It's anywhere from 3 to 20 I believe.

the guy I am hoping to go to in moorea can do a decently sized piece. I'm thinking something along the lines of a softball or cantalope...maybe a bit larger in about 2 hours. The MAXIMUM I see myself under the needle is 6 hours. I'd think it would be more like 3. Sad part is, it's gonna cost like a grand. I could get a machine tattoo that size by the same guy for less than half of that.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
Originally Posted by AzN121184
hi guys....i was just wondering, tats look nice and all, but what happens when u get old, and your skin gets wrinkly and your snake turns into a worm? not trying to diss anyone, but that always made me curious.
Stay in shape and never get old. DUH.........
Old 11-22-2006, 11:20 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by scarface
Stay in shape and never get old. DUH.........

haaaa.

my point of view....who freakin cares. If your still concerned about how you look when your skin start sagging you're an old fool that's gonna spend way too much money and time on plastic surgery.

Enjoy your youth. Scars and tattoos are memories of those times. Stories to tell your kids.

I say **** it. I'll be old a that time and really won't care about what they look like.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
have you ever watched it done first hand by a professional?

These guys hall major *** and it's not ONE needle. It's anywhere from 3 to 20 I believe.

the guy I am hoping to go to in moorea can do a decently sized piece. I'm thinking something along the lines of a softball or cantalope...maybe a bit larger in about 2 hours. The MAXIMUM I see myself under the needle is 6 hours. I'd think it would be more like 3. Sad part is, it's gonna cost like a grand. I could get a machine tattoo that size by the same guy for less than half of that.
I watched this guy work on a few different people, my dad and my neighbor the most. He is a professional in that people pay him to work his art. Maybe we are talking about different things. This guy lives his life as close to traditional Hawaiian as he can, does all kinds of art, carving, tatoo, etc. He is amazing at what he does - maybe a little slow? I dunno - this is along the lines of every account of this sort of tatoo I have heard. Must be a different kind, this is very basic with an assortment of needles, string, some stuff I have no clue what it is, some sticks and a small bowl of ink.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:38 AM
General Pimpin'

that's what this guy uses. It's traditional Polynesian tattooing as the originals did it.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:48 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
haaaa.

my point of view....who freakin cares. If your still concerned about how you look when your skin start sagging you're an old fool that's gonna spend way too much money and time on plastic surgery.

Enjoy your youth. Scars and tattoos are memories of those times. Stories to tell your kids.

I say **** it. I'll be old a that time and really won't care about what they look like.
AMEN! Memories is what its all about. I got a few tats. Never regreted them one bit.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:10 PM

Car Info: '15 WRX
Pic of my nape (linked because the pic has some blood):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...LES/Nape03.jpg
Old 11-22-2006, 07:14 PM

Heres mine....Samoan designed tattoo..........
Attached Thumbnails post pics of your ink work/piercing(s)-samoan-tattoo-complete.jpg  
Old 11-22-2006, 10:26 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by STiYLIN
smart guy, asprin thins your blood, NOT a good idea when you are getting a tat and BLEEDING.
Sarcasm much?
Old 11-23-2006, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1993 Impreza L sedan. USED TO BE a 2004 WRX sedan.
Attached Thumbnails post pics of your ink work/piercing(s)-neck-tat.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by WRXBABY; 11-23-2006 at 12:00 PM.