Porsche 996 VS RS2.5 - laundry madness!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:04 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX Wagon
Porsche 996 VS RS2.5 - laundry madness!

so, the wife and i went and took care of laundry this evening. on the way home, we were facing south to get onto the freeway. ahead of us was the traffic light we were sitting at, and another ahead of us. to our right was an orange porsche 996.

the light turns green and he takes off with the gusto that i'd expect from a car like that. i didnt try to get ahead at all, as i have a brand new clutch.

so, he hops over into our lane... apparently buying a car that is that expensive doesnt mean you know where the hell you're going or which lane to be in.

so, we catch up to the porsche and, whats this?! he's getting onto the freeway as well! yay! its a cloverleaf setup. and this is the very turn where i was in the Starlet and rode the *** of the Honda S2000.

anywho... we start the turn, and he hit his brakes just before the turn. needless to say, both sandra and i start laughing.

so, i we're going thru the turn and i get REALLY REALLY close. i could easily tap the guy's bumper... but, that wouldnt be smart...

anywho, we go thru the entire turn and this guy simply does NOT hurry up or press on the gas... how VERY annoying...

yes yes, i'm cracking up hysterically. we FINALLY get onto the freeway and the discovers the gas pedal... FINALLY.

he rushes off, but traffic is not in his favor. he gets a total of 2 car lengths ahead of us. i change a few lanes and get ahead of him. as we pass him, sandra gives him a HUGE 'THUMBS DOWN' - much laughing ensues.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:06 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
LOL! Yes
F you cloverleaf B*****es!!!
And B BMW owners

my story a few days ago was NB 85 onto NB 101 (Shoreline Commuter Ramp)

i get out of the fastlane to let an eager 335i Dinan (ooOOoo) to pass me, he goes from 80-100 in 1 second pased...

He is now 1/8 mile ahead of me approaching the commuter ramp (the ramps which people think the fastlane doesnt apply to these ramps and usually go 50-60 mph) anyways i plan early and do 100 knowing the F***@#@ B$(@#$* is gonna pus out like most BMW owners would.

I catch him a bit THEN the asphalt turns to cement and the ramp begins. I catch him with my $8000 car and have no where else to go but cut over the yellow line and make sure he sees me.

he proceeds to gas it from the 80mph ramp to 100+ ON THE DOWNHILL like the rich F no skill B that he was. lol as i watch his ego shrink into his gaping black heart as i stare at his eyes thru his 10 lb rear view mirror

It was a 335i Dinan White..if you see him, tell him to buy a 100 hp car and learn how to drive.

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 12-15-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:15 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
I remember that night with the starlet and the S2K lol.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:31 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Yeah driving skill always makes up for owning a crappy car. You sure showed that guy...
Old 12-16-2007, 12:47 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Lurk
Yeah driving skill always makes up for owning a crappy car. You sure showed that guy...
honestly, i'm not sure if your comment is laced with sarcasm or not...
Old 12-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by not12listen
honestly, i'm not sure if your comment is laced with sarcasm or not...
It was heavily laced with sarcasm. The porsche owner was probably getting a BJ from the chick in the passenger seat (thats why you couldnt see her) because he has a PORSCHE! And well, thats what girls do when you drive a porsche.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:08 AM

Car Info: Steel Gray 2006 STi MBP 2012 Impreza Sport
in the end the guy driving the porsche, drives away in a porsche
Old 12-16-2007, 09:15 AM

Car Info: 05 330i ZHP, 02 ES300, 85 MR2 SC
It was heavily laced with sarcasm. The porsche owner was probably getting a BJ from the chick in the passenger seat (thats why you couldnt see her) because he has a PORSCHE! And well, thats what girls do when you drive a porsche.
He was probably slowing down on purpose just to be an a**h**e. It is damn hard to shift when a chick's head is in the way of the shifter.

Shouldn't we reserve this type of fun on the track or auto-x?
Old 12-16-2007, 10:25 AM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
LOL! Yes
F you cloverleaf B*****es!!!
And B BMW owners

my story a few days ago was NB 85 onto NB 101 (Shoreline Commuter Ramp)

i get out of the fastlane to let an eager 335i Dinan (ooOOoo) to pass me, he goes from 80-100 in 1 second pased...

He is now 1/8 mile ahead of me approaching the commuter ramp (the ramps which people think the fastlane doesnt apply to these ramps and usually go 50-60 mph) anyways i plan early and do 100 knowing the F***@#@ B$(@#$* is gonna pus out like most BMW owners would.

I catch him a bit THEN the asphalt turns to cement and the ramp begins. I catch him with my $8000 car and have no where else to go but cut over the yellow line and make sure he sees me.

he proceeds to gas it from the 80mph ramp to 100+ ON THE DOWNHILL like the rich F no skill B that he was. lol as i watch his ego shrink into his gaping black heart as i stare at his eyes thru his 10 lb rear view mirror

It was a 335i Dinan White..if you see him, tell him to buy a 100 hp car and learn how to drive.
I also noticed that BMW owners are now driving like a-holes too, you always see them driving like a maniac in the freeway cutting people off. I had too many close calls with BMW drivers thinking they own the roads
Old 12-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by WagonTale
I also noticed that BMW owners are now driving like a-holes too, you always see them driving like a maniac in the freeway cutting people off. I had too many close calls with BMW drivers thinking they own the roads
that's because the smart Honda owners got degrees and work for huge companies now... Their driving is still the same.

now back to this story:

Usually rich folks don't drive their fast cars fast. They just want to show they can afford such a car. Its waste, but, it's their right.

Now, if Porsche guy was revving on you and trying to get you to race him, and this went down, then the situation would be 10x funnier. But I think you were just stuck behind some old guy in a Porsche.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:23 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
that's because the smart Honda owners got degrees and work for huge companies now... Their driving is still the same.

now back to this story:

Usually rich folks don't drive their fast cars fast. They just want to show they can afford such a car. Its waste, but, it's their right.

Now, if Porsche guy was revving on you and trying to get you to race him, and this went down, then the situation would be 10x funnier. But I think you were just stuck behind some old guy in a Porsche.

well most people with STI/EVO are kinda stupid too - they drive the car aggressively but don't realize they have the car on loan, and can't afford it if they crash.

I think yes most expensive car owners just want to show they can afford such a car, but some also realize they can't afford to damage it.

Think an STI for example - you don't need to make much money to be able to afford to buy one on a 60 month loan, but you need to make a crapload to be able to afford to take your STI to the track without giving a crap or having any fear of wrecking it.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:00 PM

Car Info: Sline
If people tailgate me or get close to my bumper, you can bet your *** I'm going to brake check them and slow wayyyy down. The most fun is on a freeway onramp. Especially if you're in a car that can out accelerate the one that is tailgating you.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:11 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
yeah i slow down to 40 sometimes, its fun

on on ramps i slow down before and speed throught the section once it starts to turn.

Theres an S turn in MV from El Camino onto SB 85, i crawl thru the first part at 5 mph to wait for teh slowskies to clear out ahead of me, then when people are honking and flashing their brights at me, i'll speed off...thats kinda on the dick side but oh well.

My whole commute mood is based off of what onramps are clear for me to have fun on, if they arent clear then it will totally ruin the mood
Old 12-17-2007, 08:45 AM

Car Info: 05 330i ZHP, 02 ES300, 85 MR2 SC
If you really want fulfilling, my beater just beat your high-priced car fun go to an HPDE event. There's nothing more fun than having the Lotus or Porsche owner asking you wth do you have in that car after you get back into the padocks. Plus get a ride from the exp. teachers or track junkies, those are awesome and educational rides.

If you got a buddy driving their car and don't mind swapping rides for a round or two that's even more fun. I still love driving my friend's S2k at Thill; damn 9k rpm just doesn't need much shifting. Plus it's a griphound with the balanced 50/50 weight distro. If only it was a hardtop, I wouldn't mind owning 1.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:20 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by jvick125
If people tailgate me or get close to my bumper, you can bet your *** I'm going to brake check them and slow wayyyy down. The most fun is on a freeway onramp. Especially if you're in a car that can out accelerate the one that is tailgating you.
So basically, you're just as much of an ******* as the guy that was tailgating you.

Quick Reply: Porsche 996 VS RS2.5 - laundry madness!