View Poll Results: Where would you like to have the next meet?
Mt Hammy, like the first 7 years
66.41%
Quarry Lakes in Fremont like last year
10.94%
Your daughter kick my dog and now I'm going to **** her!
22.66%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Please Vote! Pick The Location You Would Have for The 9th Annual Festival Location

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
So is wheel dude gonna kick down a set of wheels for the raffle this year? Lets get some real raffle prizes going. Parts that have been sitting around at the shops. Tune time.

^^^^^a detail.

know what I mean vern.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
if I am attending, I could so some free samples, raffle a bucket or service, or couple of bottles here and there... all depends on how the event setup and all.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:23 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Generally the event takes place in August Leo. Have to wait a while til Daniel starts his final BAIC event poll to find out for sure where it will be held this year.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I guess people didn't like Quarry lakes
Old 01-22-2009, 05:37 PM
General Pimpin'

Per the size talks...

I'd be willing to bet that if this is given enough time from location/date pick to actual date and enough org. goes into it it will be double last years. Yes we are a shrinking community but I would expect 300 cars. I don't think we'll do 400 plus like before without making it a big hoopla in magazines and stuff.

300 cars 400 people. I'd think it would come in within 40 or so give or take.

I'd highly suggest doing the prepay deal but give people a reason to do it.

If you prepay you get your parking entry ticket, some sponsor swag, your shirt and your ticket for food/beverage all for one price. And like 2 raffle tickets. I can go into more detail. We do it for car shows in the hot rod world all the time.

If you show up you have to pay for them all separately and wait in line to get in.

Maybe even have a pre-paid VIP section... like the covered tables and prefered parking or something.

The prepays will cover expenses. That way vendors don't have to kick down so much and they can afford to kick down prizes for raffle.

Our vendors paid about 10% of what the vendors paid in previous years by the way and we had to turn vendors away. Of course we had vendors for the food so we didn't have to deal with it. They paid a percentage and people that wanted to eat could eat. Bring your own bring your own. That might be an option too.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:53 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Per the size talks...

I'd be willing to bet that if this is given enough time from location/date pick to actual date and enough org. goes into it it will be double last years. Yes we are a shrinking community but I would expect 300 cars. I don't think we'll do 400 plus like before without making it a big hoopla in magazines and stuff.

300 cars 400 people. I'd think it would come in within 40 or so give or take.

I'd highly suggest doing the prepay deal but give people a reason to do it.

If you prepay you get your parking entry ticket, some sponsor swag, your shirt and your ticket for food/beverage all for one price. And like 2 raffle tickets. I can go into more detail. We do it for car shows in the hot rod world all the time.

If you show up you have to pay for them all separately and wait in line to get in.

Maybe even have a pre-paid VIP section... like the covered tables and prefered parking or something.

The prepays will cover expenses. That way vendors don't have to kick down so much and they can afford to kick down prizes for raffle.

Our vendors paid about 10% of what the vendors paid in previous years by the way and we had to turn vendors away. Of course we had vendors for the food so we didn't have to deal with it. They paid a percentage and people that wanted to eat could eat. Bring your own bring your own. That might be an option too.
I think the pre-pay tickets is the way to go. This way you can go big, advertise, get big sponsors, cool raffles and give aways, magazine coverage, blah blah blah and still keep the i-club folks happy by giving them first crack at it.

I still say the BAIC is too small and unpredictable to expect a turn out large enough to warrant nice raffles, prizes, free junk etc. from vendors/sponsors. They want exposure.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Word. I'd like to go big but there's 2 sides to the coin. Go big or keep it small BAIC only family BBQ style... how it started and what not.

Going big would help the vendors and make it worth while for them to do big things.

We've had sets of tires. Notches. Air bag set ups. Shirts. Paint. Car parts. Guitars. You name it. Some serious give aways. For the annual benefit show it gets nutty. But that's a different story. It's a benefit and we're not doing it this year. Girl the benefit is for.. her dad has a new car club now. Good cause. Ed Hardy came out big time last year.

But saying that... if you prepay and lower vendor cost to participate raffles are worth it for them. Hell... most of us know roughly how much Joe gets his wheels for. haaaa.

but going that big requires more of a committment. Flyers. Phone calls to mags. Maybe an Ad. Etc.

Keeping it small time and family has a draw of its own. We all know how fun hammy has been in years past.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:03 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
i think if you take everything onemanarmy said this could end up being a great thing

the prepay idea is perfect. parking plus swag.
other folks gonna have to line up. thow in some raffle tickets i am sure we could make a majority of the money before the day of.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:38 PM

Car Info: 2001 2.5rs
i hope we won't die in the heat.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:06 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
Stafford Lakes Park, Novato

You don't have enough choices listed to vote on. Here is a better choice. I posted those in the other thread since there are multiple ones for the same subject like usual.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 2001 2.5rs
wow. what location is that? And are we allowed to park on the grass?
Old 01-25-2009, 02:29 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Rickdrizzle
wow. what location is that? And are we allowed to park on the grass?
Its in Novato. And yes, that empty grass area (taken from inside the car) is all 'overflow' parking.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Nikon, if you would have payed attention you'd know that this thread was just to eliminate quarry lakes from the mix and to add potential sites. There will be a new poll thread with the new choices later this week. kthnxbyw
Old 01-25-2009, 02:58 PM

yes, that is why i posted the picture of the Overflow Parking sign. Great spot for all kinds of things that we need. There is even electricity. I think the drive there is less dangerous than Mt. Hammy because of the incidients that always happen on the way up there. It is also a nicer town as far as cops are concerned, not like Fremont or San Jose.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
Nikon, if you would have payed attention you'd know that this thread was just to eliminate quarry lakes from the mix and to add potential sites. There will be a new poll thread with the new choices later this week. kthnxbyw
yes i did not read the whole thread since there is just too much to read. i just wanted to post those pictures so others can get an idea. i just fell in love with this place yesterday. it is so nice and easy to get to in the country.... i tell you if you take a drive up there you will also fall in love. it leads to pt reyes at the other end, so you can imagine how quite and out of this world it would be.

Quick Reply: Please Vote! Pick The Location You Would Have for The 9th Annual Festival Location