Please help w/ gay marriage survey for english class (Need At Least 20 Replies)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 10:55 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Guns are a hobby, not a neccesity.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:56 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Old 05-07-2004, 11:24 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by odyss3y
funny, in all your experience with guns, you have failed to turn on the news. i dont think your right to bear arms should be infringed upon, but i believe your right to amass an amount of guns that a SWAT team would need to be called in to counter needs to be restricted. but whatever....

after all, we all know how evil those gays and lesbians are. they are such a threat to the world, i mean, look at the romans. and heaven forbid any of your children from walking that path. with a close minded father with so many weapons to their avail, it would be horrible to hear that they went on a rampage killing 30 people at a rate of 300 rounds a minute.. [tangent] wait.. if youre that worried about someone coming into your home that you need a gun that would stop a significant force, why not invest in a better lock instead of a bigger gun?[/tangent] i mean, think of all the annoyed people on the forum who don't want to hear us both tell each other "i told you so!" lol.... but... whatever... i hope it all works out for you

You, here. Base------------>Over here.
Its clear from your comments you know next to nothing about guns or gun owners. And its sad that you must demonize me to justify your views about me. Its simple to me really, I think homosexuality is wrong. I teach my kids homosexuality is wrong. I vote accordingly. I am a man of principles. If you don't like my principals then so be it. BTW while I'm building this fortress of a house of mine should I exclude widows in the plan or just put some bars over them?

Last edited by deyes; 05-07-2004 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kostamojen
When the average response time for the police is 9min or so they are a necessity.
When the supreme court rules that it is not the polices responsibility to protect you (despite their motto being to serve and protect) its a necessity.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:32 PM

Maybe we should ban guns, cuase I just hijacked this thread with them. lol!
Old 05-07-2004, 11:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Don't forget your insane bigoted point of view. That also came in here and hijacked this thread. x 100. I hope your kids are able to think for themselves and "LOVE THY ****ING NEIGHBOR".

Religious wack jobs unite!
Old 05-08-2004, 12:34 AM

Smile

Your right, I should stop parenting. Teaching your kids about God is wrong. Being an aethiest and politically correct is more important than family values. If your views offend someone then you should change them or risk being called a bigot. What up with all the name calling? I'm an insane biggoted wack job? Please. You guys are the intollerant ones, someone has a different point of view so you call them names? That must be from the liberal school of debating.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:46 AM

1. Do you think the government has the right to control certain aspects of your personal lifestyle? If so which ones, if not.. why?

(1) No. But if they insist on doing so and put it to vote, vote I will.

2. What are your thoughts when seeing two homosexuals holding hands walking down the street?

(2) Are we at Qualcomm stadium yet?

3. Should homosexuals and heterosexuals have equal rights?

(3) Yes.

4. What would be some pros / cons of having gay marriage legalized?

(4) Pros? Cons, homes without fathers, or homes without mothers.

5. Morally, should it be okay for gays to get married?

(5) No.

6. Is having gay marriage illegal a form of discrimination?

(6) Yes.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Geez, we almost had a civilized thread where people could state their views without being attacked.

oh well
Old 05-08-2004, 01:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I'm not attacking you at all, I am simply genuinely curious, so please take this as such.

In previous posts, you indicate that you are teaching your children homosexuality, and gay marriage is wrong. You also indicate that you vote against gay marriage:

Originally Posted by deyes
As a father and husband I am against it, I teach my kids it wrong should I vote contrary to my belief?
However, in your latest post, you state that you believe homosexuals and heterosexuals should have equal rights:

3. Should homosexuals and heterosexuals have equal rights?

(3) Yes.
My question is this: How can you say you are against gay homosexuality and gay marriage and that you vote against it, then go on to say you think homosexuals and heterosexuals should have equal rights.

Unless you are also against heterosexual marriage, there is a clear flaw there in your logic. Do explain.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:05 AM
VIP Member

Your right, I should stop parenting. Teaching your kids about God is wrong. Being an aethiest and politically correct is more important than family values. If your views offend someone then you should change them or risk being called a bigot. What up with all the name calling? I'm an insane biggoted wack job? Please. You guys are the intollerant ones, someone has a different point of view so you call them names? That must be from the liberal school of debating.
I'm more conservative than you know. But when people justify their bigotry with quoting some 2000 year old fairy tale, I get a little testy. Last I checked, the bible didn't say, "love thy neighbor, unless he takes it in the pooper". I apologize for calling you names.

I think homosexuality is wrong from a genetics/scientific standpoint. No trait/gene that specifically leads to NO sexual reproduction would be selected for, and thus would not survive evolution.

I just see your point of view as simple minded and bigoted, because you've probably never thought out the issue, instead simply regurgitating what your parents/church spoon fed you when you were a youth...hatred and intolerance.

Good luck to your kids.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:06 AM
VIP Member

By the way...why can't you just teach your kids not to hurt others, and not to worry about other people's behavior unless it hurts them?
Old 05-08-2004, 02:11 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mexicanpizza
I just see your point of view as simple minded and bigoted, because you've probably never thought out the issue, instead simply regurgitating what your parents/church spoon fed you when you were a youth...hatred and intolerance.
This is one of the main reasons I don't go to church. I tried going a few years ago, but just could never get in to it. Even if the church isn't preaching intolerance, because there are MANY that tolerate, if you will, homosexuality, too many people in the churches get too in to it and start being "holier than thou". There's one girl who used to be a friend of mine - she was always religious, then after high school she went to a christian college and just went way over board. She started making friends there and would say stuff like "it's so nice to be friends with people who have the same values and faith as I do, and we can talk about our love for god". Gag me, seriously.

She doesn't call or write anymore - I live in a world of sin. I'm co-habitating out of wedlock OH NOES!!!!! I saw her a few months ago - I was hanging out with her dad and we picked her up from the airport. She wouldn't hardly talk to me at all and was sorta snappy when she did. Always good to see an old friend
Old 05-08-2004, 02:45 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Concillian
My personal beliefs teach me to look at issues from the perspective of all involved and make a decision that can sustain all points of view as much as possible.
You must not go to church then

Quick Reply: Please help w/ gay marriage survey for english class (Need At Least 20 Replies)