Please help w/ gay marriage survey for english class (Need At Least 20 Replies)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 01:37 AM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
ur professor is gay.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:44 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
1. Do you think the government has the right to control certain aspects of your personal lifestyle? If so which ones, if not.. why?

Typically no. My opinion on this is based on the fact that outside of current law, there aren't many things I think should be law regarding individual behavior.

2. What are your thoughts when seeing two homosexuals holding hands walking down the street?

It doesn't matter what I think. It's got nothing to do with me.

3. Should homosexuals and heterosexuals have equal rights?

Yes. Unequivocally.

4. What would be some pros / cons of having gay marriage legalized?

Shouldn't this question be "what are the pros/cons of making gay marriage illegal?" as it seems to me it's a right they have that is currently denied to them.

5. Morally, should it be okay for gays to get married?

As long as Blacks, Muslims, Jews, Native Americans, and Conservatives can get married, yes. Point being that homosexuality in my view is a personal choice no different than religion or political view. It's not a basis for revoking rights of any kind. Am I wrong in thinking that the current discrimination laws, which preclude the denial of employment, education, financial assistance, or the commision of crimes based on being a homosexual should not extend to basic rights like marraige, partnership, and the like? The lack of protected rights to marriage for gays strikes me as an oversight of the language of the law rather than a political position.

6. Is having gay marriage illegal a form of discrimination?

Yes, just like old laws preventing inter-racial marriage (a misinterpretation fo the term, as we are all one race biologically). Banning gay marriage is akin to Jim Crow laws.

Last edited by Kevin M; 05-07-2004 at 01:47 AM.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:48 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Wink

Originally Posted by soggynuts
ur professor is gay.
According to people who research such material, everybody is a little bit gay. Some of us just ignore it more than others.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
mep

Last edited by nachomc; 05-07-2004 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:09 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
1. Do you think the government has the right to control certain aspects of your personal lifestyle? If so which ones, if not.. why?
Yes, I believe that every human (Non-felon) is allowed to have equal rights... I don't care if the person has a ***** growing out of their head, they are still human, they still have feelings, and if you don't agree with it, move to a different country and STFU.

2. What are your thoughts when seeing two homosexuals holding hands walking down the street?
I could care less. If someone wants to hold hands with someone because it makes them happy, then more power to them.

We're all humans, we all have the same brains, we might prefer things a bit differently, and we might look a tad different, but what does that have to do with someone having equal rights? Nothing... exactly my point.

There are no cons.

Yes, just because some man-made religion says it's wrong doesn't mean it is wrong. Do you think religion is okay with **** sex? How about with drugs? Or lying, or anything for that matter!! No, it isn't... do we do it anyway? Yeah, we do... why should gays be able to live their damn lives then? If you disagree, you're a hypocrite (Unless of course you follow religious rules to the T, which you DON'T!).

Um, is this a stupid question? Explain to me how it ISN'T discrimination. Lame, I can't believe we're in America... What's next? Are we going to go back to having black/white schools, etc?
Old 05-07-2004, 08:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
18/20 now.... just 2 more needed
Old 05-07-2004, 09:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
1. If killing others is part of your personal lifestyle then YES. If it's not hurting others then NO. You could staple your *** shut and i could give zero ****s.

2. If i can catch both of them on the crosswalk that's 50 points.

3. Of course! They're people not savages.

4. Pros = Same as hetrosexual marriage i guess.

Cons = Adoption issues. A child may grow-up without a mother/father figure. Is it possible to raise a child in that situation?! Of course, it's been tried before. It's not "biologically correct" though.

5. Yes, *see #1*

6. See Brucelee's #6. However, if you get married against the Constitution YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAW! PERIOD. These homosexuals should have done it properly instead of being lazy. Go through the proper legal channels like everyone else! You're not special!
Old 05-07-2004, 09:41 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX

as long as my personal lifestyle doesnt interfere with the life/liberty/pursuit of happiness of others they dont

Are they kissing, too?

Yep.

Who cares?

Yes.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:33 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
As a father and husband I am against it, I teach my kids it wrong should I vote contrary to my belief? I see how many believe its discrimination, but shouldn't we discriminate against evil? I see it as the continued debasement of the family unit. Erode family values and the country spirals into moral chaos. I find it interesting that so many liberals think that gay marriage is ok because the government should not have a say in that aspect of your life but when it comes to the basic right of protecting yourself and your family they are firmly against our second ammendment right. They talk alot about rights, but what they are really saying is the rights that matter to them. I see it as a culture issue as well, gays and gay proponents seek to force gay culture on to the whole of America. I often wonder how such a small minority has such a loud voice?
Old 05-07-2004, 12:50 PM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
bacially gay sex = less kids. less kids = less people on the planet. less people on the planet = good.

i love women.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Thank you everyone for particpating in my survey. Now I enough replies to compile the results together for my paper, it was much appreciated.

-Jeff
Old 05-07-2004, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by deyes
As a father and husband I am against it, I teach my kids it wrong should I vote contrary to my belief? I see how many believe its discrimination, but shouldn't we discriminate against evil? I see it as the continued debasement of the family unit. Erode family values and the country spirals into moral chaos. I find it interesting that so many liberals think that gay marriage is ok because the government should not have a say in that aspect of your life but when it comes to the basic right of protecting yourself and your family they are firmly against our second ammendment right. They talk alot about rights, but what they are really saying is the rights that matter to them. I see it as a culture issue as well, gays and gay proponents seek to force gay culture on to the whole of America. I often wonder how such a small minority has such a loud voice?
the problem here is that evil is typically something that is based on religion. and theres a little bit about seperation of church and state in one of those documents... but, is a gay marriage going to deprive you or your family of your human rights? i'm thinking not. so why should the government have any say in the matter vs gun control where guns actually do damage to innocent people. even contrasting the two seems idiotic. then again you're entitled to your own wrong opinion [just joking of course].
Old 05-07-2004, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Post your essay...I'd be interested in reading it and/or mocking you.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:30 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Originally Posted by odyss3y
the problem here is that evil is typically something that is based on religion. and theres a little bit about seperation of church and state in one of those documents... but, is a gay marriage going to deprive you or your family of your human rights? i'm thinking not. so why should the government have any say in the matter vs gun control where guns actually do damage to innocent people. even contrasting the two seems idiotic. then again you're entitled to your own wrong opinion [just joking of course].
I do believe that the seperation of church and state is best, however like I said I'm supposed to vote contrary to my belief? I never said anything about depriving me and my family of their rights, where did you get that from? I simply meant that I cannot in good consience vote contrary to what I am teaching my family, can you? There is something in one of those documents about the right to keep and bear arms too, but hey since were picking and choosing what we want to apply and to whom...........
"guns actually do damage to innocent people"? Funny, in all of my experience with guns I've never seen one get up by its self and shoot someone. They tend to damage not so innocent people as well, it all depends on the person wielding it. We all know how liberals like to put criminals with guns and law abiding gun owners in the same group. But hey far be it from you to blame the problem on a criminal, that would mean that all of the gun control laws you support really have no effect since the people they are meant to effect have no problem breaking laws in the first place, hence the reason we call them criminals. Your statement my freind is idiotic. In my mind there are may parralels between the two issues, they are both an issue of rights, if liberals can in good concience restrict my right to keep and bear arms, then I will loose no sleep voting against gay marriage.
But like I said, my opinion is that of a father with his family's best interest in mind.

Last edited by deyes; 05-07-2004 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by deyes
I do believe that the seperation of church and state is best, however like I said I'm supposed to vote contrary to my belief? I never said anything about depriving me and my family of their rights, where did you get that from? I simply meant that I cannot in good consience vote contrary to what I am teaching my family, can you? There is something in one of those documents about the right to keep and bear arms too, but hey since were picking and choosing what we want to apply and to whom...........
"guns actually do damage to innocent people"? Funny, in all of my experience with guns I've never seen one get up by its self and shoot someone. They tend to damage not so innocent people as well, it all depends on the person wielding it. We all know how liberals like to put criminals with guns and law abiding gun owners in the same group. But hey far be it from you to blame the problem on a criminal, that would mean that all of the gun control laws you support really have no effect since the people they are meant to effect have no problem breaking laws in the first place, hence the reason we call them criminals. Your statement my freind is idiotic. In my mind there are may parralels between the two issues, they are both an issue of rights, if liberals can in good concience restrict my right to keep and bear arms, then I will loose no sleep voting against gay marriage.
But like I said, my opinion is that of a father with his family's best interest in mind.
funny, in all your experience with guns, you have failed to turn on the news. i dont think your right to bear arms should be infringed upon, but i believe your right to amass an amount of guns that a SWAT team would need to be called in to counter needs to be restricted. but whatever....

after all, we all know how evil those gays and lesbians are. they are such a threat to the world, i mean, look at the romans. and heaven forbid any of your children from walking that path. with a close minded father with so many weapons to their avail, it would be horrible to hear that they went on a rampage killing 30 people at a rate of 300 rounds a minute.. [tangent] wait.. if youre that worried about someone coming into your home that you need a gun that would stop a significant force, why not invest in a better lock instead of a bigger gun?[/tangent] i mean, think of all the annoyed people on the forum who don't want to hear us both tell each other "i told you so!" lol.... but... whatever... i hope it all works out for you

Quick Reply: Please help w/ gay marriage survey for english class (Need At Least 20 Replies)