Please help w/ gay marriage survey for english class (Need At Least 20 Replies)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 07:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by mexicanpizza
b.) Is their Forester the turbo one?
bwahaahahahahahaahh
Old 05-06-2004, 07:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Yes MP I really do have to survey people, thats what my assignment was. All my other essays I've done for this class are just about some articles I've read or something and I get those taken care of in one day, this is the first one where I had to survey a group.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Originally Posted by stg2lgcy00
Yes MP I really do have to survey people, thats what my assignment was. All my other essays I've done for this class are just about some articles I've read or something and I get those taken care of in one day, this is the first one where I had to survey a group.
No prob...I didn't mean to come across like a dick...some people try to get forums to do their homework for them. I'm happy to help out.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

FYI: Here's what the essay prompt asked on my handout

"Conduct a survey about the recent gay marriage debate, organize your findings in an essay"

I would never try to get people wasting their time answering stuff for me, I'm not that lazy! lol
Old 05-06-2004, 08:05 PM

1. Do you think the government has the right to control certain aspects of your personal lifestyle? If so which ones, if not.. why?

Only those aspects which have a direct negative effect on other people.

2. What are your thoughts when seeing two homosexuals holding hands walking down the street?

Maybe a smirk or a snicker. I would be polite to them though. I have had some gay friends/acquiantances, I have no problem with it.

3. Should homosexuals and heterosexuals have equal rights?

They do, and they should.

4. What would be some pros / cons of having gay marriage legalized?

I don't think the government should be wasting a single dime of our taxes regulating marriage. It's a purely spiritual thing between two people and their deity of choice.

5. Morally, should it be okay for gays to get married?

I don't really care what they do as long as it doesn't harm others.

6. Is having gay marriage illegal a form of discrimination?

No, marriage has been accepted by society as a thing between a man and a woman. The current laws discriminate against gays no more than they discriminate against a man who wishes to marry his dog or against a man who wishes to marry his sister or against a man who wishes to marry five women. The laws merely represent an ancient traditional definition of marriage. If gays want to redefine marriage then we will need new laws.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:11 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
One of the hallmarks of this country is the seperation of Church and state. So, I don't care what anyone else thinks or nor is it any of my business. So yes gay people should be able to marry.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:28 PM
VIP Member

11/20 almost there.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:03 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Originally Posted by stg2lgcy00
. Do you think the government has the right to control certain aspects of your personal lifestyle? If so which ones, if not.. why?
Yes and no. Harm principle, if personal lifestyles cause harm to others, then yes. Harm does not include private lives that do not effect other individuals IE being gay does no harm to anyone outiside of the relationship. Just because you dont like the idea of it doesnt mean you have the right to try and prevent its existance.
2. What are your thoughts when seeing two homosexuals holding hands walking down the street?
I dont care.
Yes, people are people.
Pros: Proper taxation with representation Cons: None that would effect everyone else
Yes
Yes
Old 05-06-2004, 10:06 PM
VIP Member

K got 13/20 now including a PM response, thanks again everybody for particpating in my survey... 7 more ta go
Old 05-06-2004, 11:18 PM

No. 1 is a very broad question. In some ways, yes and in others, no.
No. 2 I think it's sick but I don't really care what they do. The people that choose that lifestyle have to deal with the consequences.
No. 3 All human beings deserve to be treated with respect. This country was founded on God's principles. As far as gay marriage being included in equal rights, no. Equal rights to me is the right to vote, the right to own firearms, the right to freedom of speech, etc.
No. 4 There are no pros to gay marriage becoming legalized.
No. 5 Absolutely not.
No. 6 No. Once again, it goes back to whom the founding fathers founded this country.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:06 AM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
is there anyone openly gay on i club, besides daredevil?
Old 05-07-2004, 01:09 AM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
1. Do you think the government has the right to control certain aspects of your personal lifestyle? If so which ones, if not.. why?

yes, the government knows what is best for us. they have smart people doing research to figure it all out!

my thoughts are probably along the lines of "hey look, two gay people" nothing really mean or homophobic. but i do notice it and it stands out to me as adnormal

yes. equal. gay people shouldnt be favored in ANY way.

pros: dont have to hear gay people complain cons: we have to hear gay-haters complain

yes, people should be able to do wahtever they want. as long as they speak english.

Old 05-07-2004, 01:29 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
If this is for English 1, College Composition, your professor has run out of writing ideas. This is subject matter for PoliSci or Philosophy.

Quick Reply: Please help w/ gay marriage survey for english class (Need At Least 20 Replies)