Please, help save rufus!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:38 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
All the love we have been getting has been so amazing. And I want everyone to know that every penny is going to vet bills. The vet actually just left my house again.

You all amaze me.

I can't believe it. The car club (family to me) I am in is actually trying to help us get back on our feet.

Having Jeff and my buddy Steve here through the process was honestly life saving as is being able to read kind words when I miss my boy. He was a very special individual and anyone that met him would tell you he deserves all this love. Without Jeff ,Steve, and these threads here and on the rdcc site I would have been barried in a bottle or otherwise worthless to my wife so my appreciation can not be measured.
Glad to hear Ray.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
First post update
Old 01-29-2010, 08:33 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Thank you Jeff.

If I let myself think about it for a second the tears come. I keep waiting for them to run out but Rufus deserves them all.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Thank you Jeff.

If I let myself think about it for a second the tears come. I keep waiting for them to run out but Rufus deserves them all.
It's definitely a rough thing to go through man, you should have seen me after we lost our dog I had grown up with since I was 6. I was a friggin' mess.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:36 AM
General Pimpin'

You ever in my area drop by.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:45 PM
General Pimpin'

Just wanted to post up.

You guys are all so amazing I just can't believe it. I am certainly not worthy of the kindness displayed to my wife and I as well as to my pup in the last couple weeks. This has been a very hard time for us and you all made it much easier to deal with. Not to mention that when I get down I can come read all this and see just how awesome Rufus was.

We decided to get him cremated so we can carry him with us as we move. I get him back on Thursday.

Its still difficult and part of me feels like I'm being a ***** but I can't help it. I got home late last night and he always jumps around and makes a lot of noise when I do that and wakes the wife up so I get in as fast as I can and as I'm opening the door I put my hand down to stop him from chest bumping me and barking. I walked in the door and did that only to realize he wasn't there to stop.

Times like that spring up a few times a day but it gets better as time goes by.

Jen and Bryan... we got your check today. You guys are amazing. Seriously. We are still in the hole big time right now but I want you to know that we are going to save as much of that as possible and use it when another dog opens his heart to us and it's time to take one home. I wanted you guys to know that the gift you are giving us is so much greater than just money but healing and a second chance.

We can't express how thankful we are for all of this.

I plan on sitting down with a scanner and scanning as many photos as I can find. I'll post up when I do so you can share our journey with Rufus. Truly the most special animal I have ever been around.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Just wanted to post up.

You guys are all so amazing I just can't believe it. I am certainly not worthy of the kindness displayed to my wife and I as well as to my pup in the last couple weeks. This has been a very hard time for us and you all made it much easier to deal with. Not to mention that when I get down I can come read all this and see just how awesome Rufus was.

We decided to get him cremated so we can carry him with us as we move. I get him back on Thursday.

Its still difficult and part of me feels like I'm being a ***** but I can't help it. I got home late last night and he always jumps around and makes a lot of noise when I do that and wakes the wife up so I get in as fast as I can and as I'm opening the door I put my hand down to stop him from chest bumping me and barking. I walked in the door and did that only to realize he wasn't there to stop.

Jen and Bryan... we got your check today. You guys are amazing. Seriously. We are still in the hole big time right now but I want you to know that we are going to save as much of that as possible and use it when another dog opens his heart to us and it's time to take one home. I wanted you guys to know that the gift you are giving us is so much greater than just money but healing and a second chance.

I plan on sitting down with a scanner and scanning as many photos as I can find. I'll post up when I do so you can share our journey with Rufus. Truly the most special animal I have ever been around.
Just know we are with you Ray. You need something, hit me up. Anytime.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:59 PM
General Pimpin'

Gagan... I'd really like to head out your way and get some grub or a coffee or something. Been a while since I got to sit down and talk with you. See how things are going. Maybe we can get a small group of the old crowd together for some pizza or something. Got to get out to GST at some point as well. My car is angry.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:00 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Just wanted to post up.

Ray, your welcome. Jen will post something when she is feeling better, she is down with a really bad stomach flu, or swine flu..
Old 02-01-2010, 11:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
You ever in my area drop by.
I'll let you know if I'm ever planning a trip to that side of the mountain.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:48 AM

Car Info: 2006 STi 2012 STi
Ray, i just wanted to say how deeply sorry i am for your loss. I sent the money last wed, and havent had a chance to check back on Rufus since. Ive thought about him pleanty this past week. My heart just fell through the floor when i read the update

My Cam has been running a fever, and had me worried for the past week, thats already heart wrenching enough. She also has seizures, so i went through a very expensive process at BAVS with the MRIs and tests, so i KNOW the costs involved. I also had to put my 12 year pit down this past fall. Her kidneys had failed and there was no coming back from that, so i do truely 100% feel your pain right now. Cremation is awesome.... i grab the box and hug it form time to time and i know that our babies are still with us and that Rufus is going to be there for you and your wife in spirit.

Find peace in the fact that you were with him, and he knew that you were there to support and love him. Im sure he needed to know that YOU would be ok before leaving you.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 PM
General Pimpin'

Thank you so much.

Yeah we've had a rough go of it over the last 2 years with our pets. At one point we had 3 dogs and 7 cats. We now have 1 cat and he's not even really "our" cat. He's more wild. He just shows up to get food. You try to pet him he might rub up on you one time and try to eat your face the next.

We lost a pit to poison (we live in the fields), a lab to old age and then rufus. But Rufus was honestly our son. I've had quite a few pets over the years from horses to dogs to reptiles... Rufus stands alone with how amazing he was.

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that with your Pit. I hope Cam is o.k. If there is anything we can do for her let me know... even if you just need a baby sitter.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 PM
General Pimpin'

Just bumping this to show some respect to the best friend I ever had. I spent the final days of his life by his side night and day and his final moments looking him in the eyes and petting him.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:12 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Just bumping this to show some respect to the best friend I ever had. I spent the final days of his life by his side night and day and his final moments looking him in the eyes and petting him.
no matter how much time has passed, you never forget them
Old 08-25-2011, 03:47 PM
General Pimpin'

Jen and Bryan. I wanted you guys to know that I wasn't kidding before when I said I would not spend that money on anything but a new dog. I have held on to that money in an envelope through thick and thin. Talking overdrawn don't know where rent is gonna come from times. We are looking for a dog right now and the first people we will drop a line to when we pick one will be you guys.

I am talking to the wife about this one... exact same mix rufus was. I have mixed feelings about it but who knows.

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Chow Chow | Madera, CA | Haichi/1017

Quick Reply: Please, help save rufus!!!