Please, help save rufus!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:43 PM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
Im really sorry Ray. Jeff your really awesome for putting this together for him and for all the pepole who have donated what they could shows how strong/deep our comunity is.

Come payday ill do what i can aswell.

I really hope everything works out for Rufus.

TJ
Old 01-26-2010, 08:57 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
paypal sent, hope rufus gets better . and sorry about the pain your going through ray, I only wish i could do more.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:04 PM

Car Info: 05 OBP LGT LTD. Sedan
sad to hear, wish i could help out, but honestly im unemployed and squandering for money myself. Will see what i can do to help out.

I know ASAP would be the ideal donation but when is the absolute deadline?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:10 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
No deadline yet. We're still getting things rolling for him.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I can not express the way this makes me feel. I have the best friends and am part of the best car community in the world.

We are working things on our end as well.

I just can't believe this. And Jeff is right, I would not have done this on my own. Thank you Jeff.
This thread took me back a bit, I can't believe the amount of outreach that our online brothers and sisters are showing towards the well being of your best friend Rufus.

This is proof that we're part of one of the best damn car communities on the damn planet and makes me so damn proud to be part of it. You guys are so damn amazing for doing what you're doing, I can't express that enough!

A lot of us know exactly how hard it is to be in Ray's position as most of us have had dogs/cats that we've loved just as if they were your own kin... I know some people will disagree and don't understand the link between man and his best friend, but my "pets" are not mere pets, they are family members and it's clear to me that Ray is a great example of a caring parent.

I know how you feel right now, Ray, and as much as I wish I had $1,000 I could send you, times are tough and the least I can do is spread the word through my animal rescue channels (lots of animal rescue folk will see your thread), and I know it's not as much as some people are offering to you (AMAZING amount of outreach from our fellow BAIC'ers, WOW!!!), but every little bit helps and at least you know you have moral support from everyone.

Here's to Rufus and his recovery!

PS: We have an American bulldog who has had two leg surgery's on both back legs (ACL) and it's cost us a total of almost 10k, and although we didn't think he'd recover from his injuries (he's almost 7 now and this was last year) he made a FULL recover and is better than new. Dont give up hope man, modern medicine can do wonders for your dogz0r, just make sure you find a good place to take him with a reputable vet to do the work. MAKE SURE you do your research before you pick a vet, which I know you already are aware of, I just wanted to throw that out there for those not in the know that are reading this and are in similar situations.

It'll get better Ray... I hope our moral support at least helps you through this tough time.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:15 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
I have owned A LOT of cars and have been on A LOT of car forums. I would have to say I-Club has been the best by far. It's like Cheer's bar where everyone knows each other.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:25 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Lemme see how much is left from my check and how soon I can get it to you Ray. The best of luck to you and Rufus both
Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 AM

Car Info: 2001 2.5 RS BRP
I really hope Rufus makes it through! Thanks Jeff for setting this up and bringing the Subie community together I'm going through the UC system right now and tuition's on the [constant] rise... so my contribution is small. I hope it'll help!
Old 01-27-2010, 12:10 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta

Megan just gave me this. Took it about a month ago.
Love that pic. Rufus looks incredibly comfortable. Going to donate when I can, things are pretty Ramen dry right now financially.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
Love that pic. Rufus looks incredibly comfortable. Going to donate when I can, things are pretty Ramen dry right now financially.
Rufus is one of the goofiest, laid back dogs I ever met. A person couldn't ask for a better dog than Rufus.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Things keep going this way we'll be able to get him the MRI stat, hopefully that will net a curable diagnoses.
For those that have contributed. Big ups to you all... Those that haven't; the MRI is the tip of the iceberg, surgery/treatment is still to come. Please donate.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:09 AM
VIP Member

Ttt
Old 01-27-2010, 11:23 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Thank you and yes the test is just the tip of the iceberg at this point.
Megan is linking up the accounts now.

Rufus isn't doing very good. He's moved once in 24hours. I can't get him to go to the bathroom. At this point my back is out and I look and smell like a bum. This thread is the only happy thing going right now. I love u guys.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Thank you and yes the test is just the tip of the iceberg at this point.
Megan is linking up the accounts now.

Rufus isn't doing very good. He's moved once in 24hours. I can't get him to go to the bathroom. At this point my back is out and I look and smell like a bum. This thread is the only happy thing going right now. I love u guys.
Let me know if you need any help with him tomorrow or Friday, I have both days off of class and work.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:27 AM
VIP Member

I look and smell like a bum. .

Quick Reply: Please, help save rufus!!!