Please, help save rufus!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Please, help save rufus!!!

UPDATE
On Wed evening, just one day after the start of our "Save Rufus" drive, Rufus began to suffer from major seizures. After contacting the neurologist, Ray was advised to put Rufus down. When I arrived at Ray's home on Wed evening, the mood was very somber. Ray was lying with Rufus on the floor as his wife and good friend Steve looked on. Rufus recognized me when I came into the room. He appeared to be ill yet he still made every attempt to come greet me. At that moment I was in disbelief of what we were about to do. I had a talk with Ray to make sure he was certain. What I saw was not a dog that was ready to be put down. That would soon change. Upon reentering the room Rufus made an attempt to move toward Ray. This was impossible for him to do on his own. At this point he had lost all control over his front legs and was unable hold his own weight. We cradled him back to the bed, when he lied down , he suffered another massive seizure. It was scary and very painful to see. It lasted for quite some time. When the seizure subsided Rufus never seemed to have come out of it fully. The Rufus I saw when I first arrived took another step away from us. I saw and felt what Ray and Megan had been going through all week. It was his time. Rufus needed a little help letting go, but he went peacefully with Ray by his side. Just as he would have wanted it.
Rest in Peace Rufus.

At this time, we would like to end any further donations to help save Rufus. The out pour of compassion from all of you was not expected. It was a chance we took, and you guys delivered. We are truly part of something much much more than a "car club". I tip my hat to you and hope that someday I have to chance to return the favor. You people are amazing!!!

On behalf of Ray, Megan, and Rufus
Thank You All,
Jeff

Ray, "onemanarmy" has got himself into a bit of a situation. His dog, Rufus, an 8yo Akita/Chow mix collapsed earlier this week. Today he went to VMS for a second opinion. The only way for them to properly diagnose Rufus is by conducting an MRI. This procedure is quite costly. Well beyond what Ray can afford. He was laid off last year and has a baby coming in about a month. Without mention, Rufus means the world to Ray. As I'm sure your pets do to you. Since he (Ray) would never do it himself, I'm going to do it for him.

Rufus needs your help. I've setup a pay-pal account for him.

saverufus@gmail.com

Anything you peeps can donate to help Ray and Rufus would be awesome. I'm certain Ray will appreciate the kindness. The past week has been pretty rough on him and his wife.

C'mon i-club, let's help out.

Regards,
Jeff

Those deserving the "purple tongue". Thank You All!!!
Scott (superglue wrx)
Jacob (wombatsauce)
Kevin (DarkOnion)
Ed (Eqtuning)
Matt (MBasile)
Glen (Glenspen)'
Jen & Bryan (Gibz&Ballz)
Henry (XKrazyAsianX)
Eva (screen name?)
Ray L.
Joel B.
Ray R.
Jesse (imhellaslow)

Last edited by ipozestu; 01-29-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Link to Rays post:
https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/dog-acupuncture-chiropractic-215000/
Old 01-26-2010, 02:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Hours are low this time of year, but I'll donate what I can after class.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:22 PM

Car Info: 2005 aspen white wrx 2011 lr sti hatch
All though I don't know Ray and I am a newb
here i love ***** and dogs. My dog
is my best friend so with that said I have a for
sale thread with a skunk2 exhaust all the proceeds
of that will go directly to that paypal account. Let's
get Rufus better.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Oh no!!! My deepest regards and I will do whatever I can do to help out, and that means spreading this through all my animal rescue channels so here's to helping our friend Rufus!

(Nothing makes me more sad than seeing animals that are suffering. Every BAM event that goes in each year goes directly towards saving animals that are in dire need of help. I know there are a few people on this forum who talk smack about me for donating the money towards an animal cause rather than donating it to a human cause, but if everyone donated to humans what would happen to the animals? Those people make me sad. )

Here's to helping our furry friends, and in this case, here's to helping one of our own furry friends (Ray) and his beloved Rufus (Furry friend of a furry friend )

Best of luck and good idea by posting this. I know we have a ton of animal lovers on this forum.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by palmer628
get Rufus better.
WOW! WAY TO GO PALMER!!!

That's REALLY friggin great of you! I wish I had some things to sell for Rufus but I recently sold all my unneeded items to pay bills. Damn... This thread will be heard by many, I will promise you that.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:34 PM
VIP Member

See Ray, what goes around comes around bro.

Those that don't know Ray, you should. He's my best friend. This guys has got a laundry list of crap that has happened to him his entire life. I give him great respect to have dealt with what life has thrown at him and still be who he is.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
ive met ray numerous times, hes a great guy and definitely has a lot of stories to tell
Old 01-26-2010, 02:43 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by palmer628
get Rufus better.
Let's get your exhaust sold. I've been stashing some cash for my roll cage that's heading his way.

It sounds like he's parting with his beloved '52 Caddy. This is serious son...
Old 01-26-2010, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by ipozestu
See Ray, what goes around comes around bro.

Those that don't know Ray, you should. He's my best friend. This guys has got a laundry list of crap that has happened to him his entire life. I give him great respect to have dealt with what life has thrown at him and still be who he is.
100% truth. He's one of the first people to drop what he's doing to help someone out and never asks for something in return. This is the time that he needs it. When I get home bro, you got some money coming your way.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:59 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
So, for the money he can't raise, I just had about $10K in surgery bills for my German Shepherd. I couldn't cover it all at once, so I opened an loan account with Citi, where I got 1 year zero interest. The vet also covered half of the costs, which I covered in 4 months. If there is a will, there is a way!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Agreed. Posts like this help too. He's really down in the dumps right now. Maybe a little hope is what he needs. That ain't no Obama hope either.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:21 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
like I said in the other thread I will donate a few hundred but I don't have a paypal can you send me an address where I can mail it to? Or Bryan and I could meet up with you at some point if that's better.

Last edited by Gibz; 01-26-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
VIP Member

Jen that is really too kind of you and Bryan. I'll pm you his address later.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:08 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Thanks so much Jeff and what your doing for Ray is awesome and what everyone can pull together will be awesome. Like I said so many peeps here are animal lovers and several of us donate to various causes and bryan and I are glad we can help a fellow suby family member.

Quick Reply: Please, help save rufus!!!