Place Your Bets!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 11:54 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
i had a few heavy spots of rain on my rain home but mainly sprinkles but my i hope the the new exits in downtown santa rosa actually drain water instead of making huge puddles like they did in the spring
Old 10-13-2009, 12:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I just bought some new RE-92's and then got rear ended, but neither of us were in AWD cars. I will say this is the second time a Justy has flat out blown my mind in a collision...

Him:

Me:

Oh, and for the record, RE-92's do NOT suck. They are designed to serve a purpose and they do it well. I just have no idea why someone thought it would be a good idea to put them on WRXs. On my Justy, which weighs a little more than half of what a WRX weighs, they are GREAT. Tons of fun in the dirt as well.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:06 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
NORTH BAD. LAST NIGHT. PETALUMA BRIDGE. WHITE OUTBACK. i drove by slow to see if there were any bodies, but everyone was still in their car. so i couldnt tell. the outback was wrecked....
Old 10-13-2009, 08:21 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I just bought some new RE-92's and then got rear ended, but neither of us were in AWD cars. I will say this is the second time a Justy has flat out blown my mind in a collision...
Holy ****! How is that possible? I kinda want a Justy now...

Originally Posted by cracker1252
NORTH BAD. LAST NIGHT. PETALUMA BRIDGE. WHITE OUTBACK. i drove by slow to see if there were any bodies, but everyone was still in their car. so i couldnt tell. the outback was wrecked....
I hope everyone is all right.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Holy ****! How is that possible? I kinda want a Justy now...
I think that the Justy is so light (~1800lbs) that it just bounces out of the way. This is the second time, first time was in my old '91 4x4 Justy that my friend bought. We were in SF, at Fulton and Stanyan heading up Fulton and for some reason someone in a red Ford Contour decided to just GO and plugged us right in the left rear on the bumper and partway on the door. It was a horrible noise and we bounced out of the way, by the time my friend knew what happened and had noticed the car, he was GONE in heavy traffic and there was no way to catch him. I thought the car was going to be bad, bent suspension, mangled metal etc from the sound. We pulled over and literally there is a little red scratch on the bumper and a slight impact print in the paint on the bumper side part and THATS IT. If I didn't say where it was, no one would have noticed. Mine was a little worse since my bumper has a crease in it now. I am sure this was partly to do with the BMW braking HARD which forced the nose to drop just below the Justy bumper. I am sure if the BMW bumper plugged the Justy bumper, it would have been different. We were parked though, 280 in SF, and that cardboard box is a beer fermenter I was lending a friend. It flew forward and clonked me in the back of the seat, but other than that it was just shocking to hear my wife go "oh damn I hope we don't get rear ended" ***BAAAMMMM*** Too funny.

Justy's are awesome. I sold mine and missed it, so I picked up this one. Couple people have tried to buy it from me but I can't seem to let it go. Too damn much fun, and so great in the city where you can fit pretty much anywhere. My Mini Cooper is smaller than the Justy, but there is just something about it. I cannot keep up with my friend through the city if he is in the Justy and I am in the Mini cooper (original 1968 mini).
Old 10-13-2009, 09:28 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
i dare not to bet karma is a ***** =D