Pit mix...need to find a home

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:49 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Pit mix...need to find a home

I'm waiting on photos from my wife but here's the story....

A while back we heard a story about someone that had a dog that they couldn't hold any more. He had found out that the owner moved and gave the dog to a friend to shoot. So he took it. We found out about the story...my wife went and met the dog and brought it home. We live in the country so there's plenty of space.

We had never planned to keep the dog we just wanted to find it a home. But as time has gone on we've not been so active in finding her a place. She is a complete and utter sweet heart and cuddler. She actually sleeps with my little brother at night.

She is a pit mix of some kind. Not sure with what. We were told she was about 2 years old and a pit/lab. I don't think she's nearly 2 years old. Very puppy like personality and build. She will NOT put on weight. She's very wirery and athletic. She can't jump like crazy. She shows no food aggression at all. I've gone as far as sticking my face down next to her food while she eats. She will eat out of the same bowl as my dog. She loves to play. No toy aggression. My dog will walk up and grab what she's playing with just to mess with her. She shows a curiousity in cats but I think more as toys than food. She's gotten a bit more aggressive with it recently and got a little rough with my wife's cat last night so I'd say to anyone that is interested be careful if you have cats.

We haven't gotten her around kids but I'd venture to guess the only danger she'd be towards kids is that's she's scratch them with her nails or get too excited.

If I had to guess what she's mixed with I'd almost say greyhound or weimereiner.

I have an akita....a small one....like 85 pounds...he TOWERS over her.

Like I said...we need to find a home for her. I don't want to take her to a shelter as she is a pit.

She needs to put weight on. We've gotten to the point where we put bacon grease on her food a couple times a week and still mix in wet food from time to time.

I am not sure if she was abused or of her previous history before we got her. If you'd like to meet her I can bring her just about anywhere. She has a small limp and a bump on her ankle....looks like either a calcium deposit or an old break. But she still plays like mad and doesn't show any fear of being touched on the leg or hit or anything.

She'd be a great dog alone or with a couple other dogs that like to play. She does great with my akita and she loves to torture our old lab.

Pictures to follow.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:57 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
I hope you find a home.

I <3 Pities...
Old 09-14-2007, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
I hope you find a good home Ray, I really wish I could take it but my puppy needs all the attention and love I can give him which is difficult while working and going to school fulltime.

It's good to hear about the no food aggression.. only food aggression my dog has is pushing my face away from his bowl with his snout when i stick my nose in it haha. never a growl though.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by evsoul
I hope you find a good home Ray, I really wish I could take it but my puppy needs all the attention and love I can give him which is difficult while working and going to school fulltime.

It's good to hear about the no food aggression.. only food aggression my dog has is pushing my face away from his bowl with his snout when i stick my nose in it haha. never a growl though.
same with my akita..haaa. Sometimes he'll take his hand and put it on my face to push me away.

I love the pup but we already have 2 big dogs and we may have to move sometime soon...already REDICULOUSLY hard to find a place that will allow us to have the one big dog and one cat....which would mean we'd have to unload 2 more cats and the lab...who sadly may have to be put down before too long here. Her body is breaking down big time and she's loosing her eye site.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:04 PM

Car Info: 06 GDB dirty white
post up some pics. i think i may know a guy who would be willing to take care of her.
-Ken
Old 09-14-2007, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Bump for Rosie, this dog is a sweety. A real couch potato.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:56 PM
General Pimpin'

here's a few

Name:  securedownload-2.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  securedownload.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  54.5 KB

Name:  securedownload-8.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  67.1 KB
Old 09-15-2007, 04:31 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Oooooo....my dog needs a companion.....how soon do you need her gone?
Old 09-15-2007, 05:25 PM
General Pimpin'

She's a good companion. My dog loves her.

We have the space right now and the food so it's not a life and death kind of deal..besides the fact that we love her and are attached to her. So if you're interested just give me an estimate on when.

And if you want to meet her first that's no big deal just let me know when you're free.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:54 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

PM me about where you live.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:00 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
From experience the best way to meet her is meet her with your dogs you have at home so you know they will get along.. Go to a park and have a play date and see how they interact together!! shes a beautiful dog even though i cant take her i have 3 little dogs lol..
Old 09-15-2007, 06:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Gibz
From experience the best way to meet her is meet her with your dogs you have at home so you know they will get along.. Go to a park and have a play date and see how they interact together!! shes a beautiful dog even though i cant take her i have 3 little dogs lol..
yup.

She has been socialized a bit since we've had her. Long as the other dogs are cool with her being nosie it's all good. Hence the name...rosie...nosie rosie.

We have the akita and the old lab and my buddy has a giant puppy. Think it's irish wolfhound.

We've only taken her out out once or twice...once to petsmart...etc.

We had a party so she's been people socialized.

So far everything has been really good. Few minor deals but honestly a HELL of a lot better than I expected when we decided to save her....considering the guy was gonna shoot her.

We'd be happy to bring her out or you're more than welcome to bring yours out. Like I said...we have tons of room.

The lab will just go lay down somewhere and I can put Rufus inside so he doesn't interfere.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:19 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I was just more saying that because she maybe great with other dogs but if Paul wanted her then he should bring his dog to make sure his dog likes her.

When we got a lab from the shelter they told us if we had other pets to bring them in and it was no problem to let them play for a couple hours to see if they all meshed together.

all in all shes sounds so lovable and so cute she shouldnt have a hard time finding a home.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:44 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

That's all good info.
Now to set up the logistics....
Old 09-16-2007, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I know that the SPCA inmonterey is a no kill shelter as long as the animal is adoptable, which she is. I don't know about the spca for Santa Clara county though.

If you want you can make up a flier and email it to me and I'll put it up at work (a pet store) but I'd also suggest researching pitbull rescue organizations as they will be able to foster it and find it a suitable home