Piece By Piece - Bay Area Graffiti Art Film

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 12:37 AM

Car Info: Soon to be a 2011 WRX?
So I saw two guys that had to have been i-clubbers there. One was parked in the illegal spot in the middle of Valencia; it was a nice greenish RS I believe and sporting an i-club sticker. The other was a silver WRX parked in front of Picarro right across the street from the Roxie.

The movie was pretty tight, I ****ing hate that theatre. I was packed in like a lil sardine. I was very sad to see that the only San Mateo head that got any love in the flick was Code. There's a decent little list of guys (mostly from ACP) from Mateo that were/are sick and ballsy writers.

It was cool to see Cycle getting a lot of camera time though. I remember seeing his **** up all over and thinking that he was probably the cleanest and most artsy writer in the City.

Anyway, just wanted to say what's up to the peoples that made it out. You other guys that didn't make it, check out the movie if you get a chance, well worth the price of getting in if you ever painted SF or even just kept up with it.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:12 AM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
I got talked into going at the last minute and it was well worth it. My homeboy Ed was one of the producers of the movie. SENOR was my mentor when I was coming up back in the day and he was the "main contributor" I was talking about in the first post.

The movie was done PERFECTLY. Seriously. It couldn't have been told or filmed any better. It rivals Style Wars but from OUR perspective.

A lot of the pictures of my collection were used in the film and they cleaned up a lot of them since they looked so clear. They also showed one of my Pieces very early in the movie. I was very stoked.

This movie brought back A LOT of memories about Psycho City, racking and bombing in general. Grafitti art has been a big part of my life for the longest time and I am glad that there was another movie made to represent OUR scene here in the Bay Area.

If any of you get the chance to go and see this movie, DO IT. It is well worth the money and it will bring back memories if you were in the scene back in the day.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Old 01-14-2005, 06:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
have your buddy encode it please i would love to watch it but i am on the east coast.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:34 AM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
have your buddy encode it please i would love to watch it but i am on the east coast.
I thought I heard someone talk about putting it on DVD. As soon as I find out more info, I will post it up.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)