Pho garden 22$ bowl

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 05:17 PM

Car Info: AP1 S2k
Pho garden 22$ bowl

Did anyone try this yet? Apparently it's 2lbs of noodles and 2lbs of beef 22$ but if u finish the contents it's free. Do they still offer that challenge?
Old 01-31-2010, 05:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
The Pho Garden challenge is gross. Think about it, it's about 5 lbs of stuff going down your gullet: you'll instantly be 5 lbs heavier, with more to come as the stuff starts digesting and mixing with the stomach acid in your gut!

It's one of the food challenges that doesn't actually offer a chance of success, IMHO.

P.S. I know a guy that tried and failed it three times (if you look on the official site, it's the guy with glasses in the first photo in the upper left corner just below the picture of the "alien").

Last edited by Choku Dori; 01-31-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:35 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Have fun overdosing on MSG.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Choku Dori

It's one of the food challenges that doesn't actually offer a chance of success, IMHO.
Really? IMO, this seems like one of the easier challenges to complete, in relation to say, the 2 foot burrito, or 10lb pizza, or whatever else the guy on Man vs. Food attempts. In terms of weight, I don't think you're even required to drink all of the broth, so it's only 4lbs of noodles/beef, and compared to something that requires tons of chewing like a steak, it seems like you could pretty much swallow the noodles by the mouthful. Then again, I'm not a professional eater, and I've never attempted any of these food challenges, so maybe I'm wrong.
________
Giovanni volpi

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:52 PM

Car Info: Hybwid Bugeye on corn juice :)
don't noodles/pasta expand in your stomach?
Old 01-31-2010, 05:57 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
I know why people are fat in USA
Old 01-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Muricaa!!!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 06:20 PM

Car Info: amber lamps/fire engine/06 STi
i've tried it. its definitely possible. my friend ALMOST finished it. and some indian guy at the next table who never ate pho before did it.

my tip is to eat the noodles first since they expand from the broth. but no you dont have to finish the broth. i think you get like an hour or 2 to do it.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:20 PM

Car Info: 09 WRB WRX GE Premium
mm pho sounds goood
Old 01-31-2010, 06:25 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kyoung05
Really? IMO, this seems like one of the easier challenges to complete, in relation to say, the 2 foot burrito, or 10lb pizza, or whatever else the guy on Man vs. Food attempts. In terms of weight, I don't think you're even required to drink all of the broth, so it's only 4lbs of noodles/beef, and compared to something that requires tons of chewing like a steak, it seems like you could pretty much swallow the noodles by the mouthful. Then again, I'm not a professional eater, and I've never attempted any of these food challenges, so maybe I'm wrong.
You're not required to drink all the broth, but lots of broth WILL get trapped in your food, thus increasing your food's mass and volume as well as making you feel fuller. Plus, don't forget the vegetables in the pho as well. Further, like air0n'03 said, that banh pho is gonna expand in your gut. Also, if you try to just scarf down the noodles, you risk the chance of choking/puking if you don't chew it up thoroughly enough. Plus, the "beef" isn't just plain old meat, you'll have tripe, tendon, etc. as well (which is chewy as hell).

Pho Garden has come up with a pretty devious little challenge. It seems really easy upon initial thought, but note that not a single person has been able to complete the task.

To be honest, it sounded easy to me initially until I talked to my buddy, the guy that took 3 stabs at it. What he told me made me think about what it's like to eat a regular Pho Xe Lua, then I got to thinking how bad it could get with the challenge
Old 01-31-2010, 06:26 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MrMakesItRain
i've tried it. its definitely possible. my friend ALMOST finished it. and some indian guy at the next table who never ate pho before did it.

my tip is to eat the noodles first since they expand from the broth. but no you dont have to finish the broth. i think you get like an hour or 2 to do it.
Oh wait, someone really pulled it off?
Old 01-31-2010, 06:32 PM

Car Info: amber lamps/fire engine/06 STi
yea i gave up after the first couple bites and decided its not worth it and id rather just chill and eat it regularly instead of trying to force it down. i heard of peeps doing it while standing up. it supposedly is easier for your stomach
Old 01-31-2010, 06:36 PM

Car Info: AP1 S2k
Sounds good lol. Il try but I know my limits. It's gona be around 10 people trying the challenge at my table.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:22 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Saw some pictures of it from my friend on facebook... he failed =P
Old 01-31-2010, 07:22 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Didn't like it. It DOES NOT taste like the traditional pho nor does it have pho flavoring. I wouldn't go, I've been there with quite a few peeps and they all said the same. As for the Pho challenge I tried it myself its possible but the taste is just awful. Go for the noodles first and then the meat. Good Luck. I personally like Ao Sen Pho up in Oakland.

Quick Reply: Pho garden 22$ bowl