Pet peeves about other drivers

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 08:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally posted by Steppin Razor

sisqo, the mentality that you have is the one that causes so many problems on the roads. "he wanted to be going faster than me, so I cut him off and made him go the speed that I wanted to go. nobody should be allowed to go faster than ME. the world revolves around ME and no should be able to belittle my ego by getting anywhere fastAr than ME."

what it comes down to is not being a SELFISH BASTARD. someone wants to drive fastAr than you? great!! let them do it!! if YOU were in the same situation, wouldn't YOU want to be able to get by and not have to go slower than you want to? or do you think it's safer to not let them by and have people tailgating you and getting pissed off at you? so put your gigantic ego aside and let people at whatever speed THEY want, just like you would like to be able to drive at whatever speed you want.
Listen Daddy... the ***** almost put me into a 6 ft ditch, Mmmkay...I'm a very patient person put this was a one lane country road with a 6" shoulder....beyond that shoulder is the f*cking sacramento river! so get off your high horse and shut the hell up unless you know what type of situation he was in.

If it was a REAL emergency he could have easily taken the HUGE shoulder in the other lane across the broken yellow line that had no f*cking traffic within sight! Say for example your wife is having a baby... i guarantee you'll make it to the hospital if you have to, even if you have to drive on the wrong side of the road.

so off!

Oh and i was behind him all the way on the freeway...not in front of him making him go my speed. READ my post again and think about it.... how in the hell would my supertones and brights be effective if i was in front of him!?

Last edited by Salty; 12-04-2003 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
SIgh. I'm tired of this crap. I regret ever participating in threads that turn out like this.

For the record, I wouldn't want an asswipe that complete ignores, and I mean COMPLETELY ignores the rules of the road by taking the shoulder to pass infront of me by 1 foot or 1 mile. I know this reasoning won't fly with cops. But I'd rather have the accidends BEHIND me.

jason
Old 12-04-2003, 08:59 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by mmboost
SIgh. I'm tired of this crap. I regret ever participating in threads that turn out like this.

For the record, I wouldn't want an asswipe that complete ignores, and I mean COMPLETELY ignores the rules of the road by taking the shoulder to pass infront of me by 1 foot or 1 mile. I know this reasoning won't fly with cops. But I'd rather have the accidends BEHIND me.

jason
werd
Old 12-04-2003, 09:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
Every issue posted above pisses me off on the road.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:07 AM

Car Info: Silver STi due in Sept
People that trow cigarette butts out the window **** me off.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Yes, especially cigarette butts that can land on my car or start a fire at the roadside. I've seen people casually throw out gum wrappers, and plastic wrap and cardboard backing from something like Twinkies right out of their open sunroof, as if the highway was their own personal trash can. Inconsiderate mustards!

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 12-04-2003, 10:17 AM

Car Info: GDA
most of them have already been covered here.

how about those asian drivers who don't signal when they turn into parking lots/shopping centers/etc.

another one: tailgating, especially by a huge SUV.

db
Old 12-04-2003, 10:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
One thing we all have to remember is your not the cops, and your in no position to take things into your own hands..

let others do what they please keep your distance and travel with a smile....

edgar,
Old 12-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
using brake lights as turn signals....
Old 12-04-2003, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by doughboy
how about those asian drivers who don't signal when they turn into parking lots/shopping centers/etc.
db
lmao...

no good asians
Old 12-04-2003, 10:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
Originally posted by doughboy
most of them have already been covered here.

db
nah, we do that just to **** you off! hahaha

Tommy
www.mpjperformance.com
Old 12-04-2003, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by porkchop
nah, we do that just to **** you off! hahaha

Tommy
www.mpjperformance.com
that's why i need a buddy bumper for my car....to help them along and get them into the parking lot a bit..."faster". hahaha.

db
Old 12-04-2003, 11:31 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
hahahha not all azians are suck **** drivers...85% of us dont know how to drive, the other 15% do it to **** everyone else off :banana:

my pet peeves driving :

1. traffic when there is no valid reason for there to be traffic on the freeway...there is no freakin accident or stall or extraordinary event which entitles ppl to slow down and watch...why the heck is there traffic for!?!

2. ppl on cell phones who dont know how to talk and drive at the same time...rather they talk and slow down to 40 in the fast lane or they switch lanes without signaling, completely oblivious to who is besides them.

3. slammin on the brakes when the car infront of them is 5-10 car lengths ahead of them

4. tailgaters...oohhh if i could just slam on my brakes and have them slam into me and then sue their butts

...i got more but those are the main ones...oh one more thing who drives and shifts their entire body to the middle of the car...you got those fools who think they are badarses and put one hand up on steering wheel and shift their entire body to middle of car...PUT your seat in the middle then if you want to be there you idiots....

hahahah just my two cents...
Old 12-04-2003, 11:44 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by DanyoCantDrift
you got those fools who think they are badarses and put one hand up on steering wheel and shift their entire body to middle of car...PUT your seat in the middle then if you want to be there you idiots....
I think those drivers are strange and should be slapped but as long as they don't hold up traffic, they can drive from the back seat using remote control and I'd be semi-okay with it.

One time on Hwy 80 near Fairfield, I sat back in the seat and held up a paperback novel using both hands while my brother reached over and steered the car with his left hand. I held the book low enough to see over the top of it and saw drivers doing double-takes.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 12-04-2003, 12:07 PM

Originally posted by Wingless Wonder
One time on Hwy 80 near Fairfield, I sat back in the seat and held up a paperback novel using both hands while my brother reached over and steered the car with his left hand. I held the book low enough to see over the top of it and saw drivers doing double-takes.
hahaha...that is hilarious!!!

Quick Reply: Pet peeves about other drivers