To the person(s) who took our blue Subaru folding chairs...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 06:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Hell Greg, I was waiting for you to come by. We were there all day. In fact, we were one of the first to arrive and we were the last to leave. We were breaking the rules a bit by setting up the Subabrew Tent in the parking lot, but I guess we kept it low key enough to keep doing what we were doing. We made up for any wrong doings by picking up all the trash everyone left behind. I tell you what; it's no wonder why they don't want us back there. If that place was left in that conditon at the end of the day for the last six years; I wouldn't want us back either.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:12 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
My post count has nothing to do with my vet status. Being a member since 2002 does. That's why I know more.

oh.....and blu isn't a 'self' dub'd vet. He's about as OG as they come in this community.....notice I said community and not board. Ask anyone that's been around. Justin is true i-club OG.

Shoot if he cared about the board and what people thought about him he'd have zoab level posts. But he doesn't. He's more active in the real club community than he is on the boards.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by ipozestu
Hell Greg, I was waiting for you to come by. We were there all day. In fact, we were one of the first to arrive and we were the last to leave. We were breaking the rules a bit by setting up the Subabrew Tent in the parking lot, but I guess we kept it low key enough to keep doing what we were doing. We made up for any wrong doings by picking up all the trash everyone left behind. I tell you what; it's no wonder why they don't want us back there. If that place was left in that conditon at the end of the day for the last six years; I wouldn't want us back either.

damn it... i should have walked up.. i was thinking i know i recognize that sexy wagon any where... but apparently it was too hot for my mind to stay on track..
were you down there the whole time? if so you missed me beat girls at jousting... i dont know how you were drinking beer, i wanted one but it also sounded terrible because i was so damn dehyrdrated.

well next time. do you goto any meets locally? maybe i will hit one up before i move to san diego.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 BLQ WRX WGN
Hey, I take offense to that last part! I walked around in my high heeled shoesies picking up trash for over an hour! ;P
Old 07-27-2006, 08:29 AM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
You guys take stuff way to seriously man, the internet and this "i-club" It was great to meet people and enjoy the event. All I said was that you shouldn't have to have your stuff on lockdown around other suby owners at a meet. There should be some trust there. And we were both right, there was. I never said anyone stole them, did I. Get off your high horses guys. I am a chill individual and I think people like evsoul that met me briefly could see I am not a confrontational guy and I am just another subaru entusiast.

Futhermore I never tried to pull any rank or say I had clout with this community. I just thought it sucked that at an event that was so cool (not the weather of course) and people were so nice, that it was a shame someones stuff ended up missing. I too was hoping they would be returned, but somehow you turned that into a fight. I can admit when people take stabs at me I stab back, plain and simple. It doesn't matter to me if you started this forum or joined it yesterday. Dig? I will concede here and leave you guys to reign of the i-club. Anyways honestly I hope we can all see that we just wanted these people to get their chairs back and see that there wasn't petty theifs among us that day. Peace love and hair grease.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:37 AM
The Seventh Sister

Car Info: MY04 Forester XT
Originally Posted by STi-FTW
**** happens, calm down everyone. It's natural to be untrusting of others. That being said, I-club came thru. All is well, chillax now. Anyways Roo and Pleiad7 my beer offer still stands either way. Lets end the bickering.
werd

Matt, we might just take you up on that... how about SBC on Sunday night?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:20 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX TR
Originally Posted by pleiad7
werd

I'm inviting myself... I liked their light beer the last time we met up there.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by evsoul
damn it... i should have walked up.. i was thinking i know i recognize that sexy wagon any where... but apparently it was too hot for my mind to stay on track..
were you down there the whole time? if so you missed me beat girls at jousting... i dont know how you were drinking beer, i wanted one but it also sounded terrible because i was so damn dehyrdrated.

well next time. do you goto any meets locally? maybe i will hit one up before i move to san diego.
The Subabrew tent was set up about 9:30 or so. I was pretty hot so I took down about half a bottle of water and said to hell with it. By 9:40am the first bottle of Guinness was down the gullet. I didn't stop drinking until about a half hour before I went home. It must have been at least 6:30 or so. That when I got the headache. I went home and passed out after that.
I'd be hard pressed to let you into the Subabrew Crew with a statement like this:

"dont know how you were drinking beer, i wanted one but it also sounded terrible because i was so damn dehyrdrated"
Old 07-27-2006, 02:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I'd be hard pressed to let you into the Subabrew Crew with a statement like this:

"dont know how you were drinking beer, i wanted one but it also sounded terrible because i was so damn dehyrdrated"
lol, yea one beer one water. Just flip flop them. Worked pretty well.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:49 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi, 1999 Forester L
Originally Posted by pleiad7
werd

I'm checking my schedule, I can't think of anything going on sunday night. Should work for me.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:55 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Mikkito
Hey, I take offense to that last part! I walked around in my high heeled shoesies picking up trash for over an hour! ;P
Mikki, I'm not looking to start ish here, but I'm gonna anyway. WE saw you and Daniel leave. We weren't quite finished yet so we decided to stay a while. We saw the park ranger come down and start bishing at the Crucial gang. I don't know what happen but she was without a dougt bishing. Anyway we started picking up OUR mess. I looked around and there was trash everywhere. Not in the remote parking lots, in the main lot, ya know? So I went around and picked all of that up, then went up into the rose garden to check that out. There were empty bottles on the walk way, plastic bags everywhere, soda cans on the fence, wine bottle in the lawn, bags of ice by the tree. It was a mess. WE did our best to pick it up. As good as a guy who stood outside in 100+deg temps and drank his *** off for 10hrs. Like I said, if it was left that way in the past, it's no wonder why they don't want us back. I don't know how many staffers stayed to help pick up but they should have all been there.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Mikki, I'm not looking to start ish here, but I'm gonna anyway. WE saw you and Daniel leave. We weren't quite finished yet so we decided to stay a while. We saw the park ranger come down and start bishing at the Crucial gang. I don't know what happen but she was without a dougt bishing. Anyway we started picking up OUR mess. I looked around and there was trash everywhere. Not in the remote parking lots, in the main lot, ya know? So I went around and picked all of that up, then went up into the rose garden to check that out. There were empty bottles on the walk way, plastic bags everywhere, soda cans on the fence, wine bottle in the lawn, bags of ice by the tree. It was a mess. WE did our best to pick it up. As good as a guy who stood outside in 100+deg temps and drank his *** off for 10hrs. Like I said, if it was left that way in the past, it's no wonder why they don't want us back. I don't know how many staffers stayed to help pick up but they should have all been there.
Yea we ended up cleaning up a lot of other peoples mess. Some of the messes were left right next to where someone parked and then drove off not even worrying about the garbage they left behind. It was pretty jacked.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:03 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM

I don't give a RATS *** about how much garbage was left over. I actually WANTED people to leave garbage behind just to stick it to that douche of a ranger. She's a total Beotch, and she and her "upper managment" person can go shove it up their asses.

They tried to screw me, so I screw them right back. I don't want to get into details here, but lets just say there was no way in HELL the rental fee should have been $1000, and even so... We were treated like crap, given the run around, so leaving the garbage was my way of saying "F' you" to that douche bag ranger lady.

Sorry that crucial had to put up with her b1tchyness, I had to put up with plenty of it myself... She's always a b1tch, so who gives a flying ****!?
Old 07-30-2006, 05:07 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Let me also add this, just because we left doesnt mean we didn't do our share of cleaning up! Miki worked her *** off to clean up what was left even after I told her not to (just to shove it in that rangers face)... Miki wasn't the only one who cleaned up either... Aaron (interational b) and such were there to clean the place up... What the hell are we supposed to do with the garbage bags anyway? We pay a hefty fee to rent the place, part of that fee goes to the cleanup. If this would have been free, I would have cared and cleaned up ever last bottle cap... but $1000 = They can pick up their own damn garbage.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:13 AM
VIP Member

I hear what your saying. AS the garbage goes, there weren't hardly any cans around to put crap in. I don't think it's right to leave stuff lying around to stick it to her. I'd bet she didn't se it as an eye for an eye. What I'm saying is, prior to the meet, it was made pretty clear, that everyone was to be on thier best behavior. Hell there was a list of rules passed out this year. "Don't do this, don't do that, no speeding, this is our last year, boo hoo, yada yada." Myself and many others were left with the impression we had to set an example and show the park staff, sheriff, CHP, ect. We are not a band of riced out punks, who have no respect for anything. We are a community or responsible car enthusiasts, who act and function as such. Much of this came form you and other staff. Understandably so, you put a good amount of your time into this every year and it is a good time every year. Some jackhole messed it up last year because he drove off the road. What sort of impression do you think was left this year?
I'm not trying to bust your ***** here Daniel. Thanks for what you guys did. We need someone to grab the bull by the horns and get this thing organized. Otherwise it would never happen. That would be a shame. Just as that one guy that drove off the road last year spoke for the whole club, you spoke for the whole club this year. All I'm saying is pick you battles. Know when to fight and when to lie down. Don't get all offended, that is not the intent. I never said youguys didn't clean up. All though there were many that didn't, and for you ******.... YOUR MOM DON'T WORK HERE, PICK UP AFTER YOUR DAMN SELF!!!!

Quick Reply: To the person(s) who took our blue Subaru folding chairs...