Perrin Exhaust...experienced help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 04:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Oh and btw, if you romp on the gas, that exhaust is gonna be loud. I heard you accelerating as you were pulling away, but once you shifted it stopped. So cruising should be good and hard accelerating should sound real nice.
yeah on the freeway and what not you can barely hear it. When I drop it into neutral....to say..ummm....roll past the police....it's nearly silent.

but yeah at wot...it's freaking burly.

You heard me? I took it mad easy until I got to thornton...so you must have heard me going around the corner by 7/11...haaaa.

well...soon as I get through to soren..hopefully he's got em.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Hey man...when you install those hangars make sure to use a lubricant to get them on.

Never shove anything into a soft hole without making it SLIPPERY first!

I hear that the new KY Warming Gel is pretty choice but Astro Glide would be good too...cheers!
Old 03-21-2005, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
yeah on the freeway and what not you can barely hear it. When I drop it into neutral....to say..ummm....roll past the police....it's nearly silent.

You heard me? I took it mad easy until I got to thornton...so you must have heard me going around the corner by 7/11...haaaa.

thats a perfect description! I absolutely love the sound of it...although its VERY loud, and you have to be extremely careful to NOT draw any attention, When I drive over to my parents house, my mom is like, "I can hear you coming from like 2 blocks away!" (and I'm just cruizin' too).....but lemme tell ya the best part is....when I go WOT.....it makes my GF....well....lets just say VERRRRY "excited."

enjoy your new exhaust. Just keep in mind how loud it is outside your car where it really matters, so you know what to do when "the man" is around.

-Ted
Old 03-21-2005, 08:21 PM

Car Info: 350hp WRX/2008 EVO X

yea hit up soren for those hangers, if he dosent have those then hit up gruppe-s again. If they dont have them hit up http://www.oakosautomotive.com/
if they not in stock hit up kartboy.com
It's really not that hard to get a hold of some hangers, most vendors carry them.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:15 AM
General Pimpin'

yeah Ted. Thing gets crazy loud. I have gone by the man a few times already. Neutral in my friend.

Worx. Yeah Gruppe-S is a no go. Got a PM from mike his morning.

I'll call soren again today. I forgot they are closed on mondays. And gagan/subydude might have them.

Justin...thing slaps worse than ever now. go figure. It slaps less on start up and shut down but at idle it just wacks the crap out of the tunnel. crazy. and the suspension is dope man. My aligments not to bad...I drive a bit like a drunk but it's closer than I expected it to be. I think I'll get my alignement done on thursday.

something is squeeking pretty bad in some turns. I emptied the car out so I can seperate interior from exterior so we'll see how it goes.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
yeah Ted. Thing gets crazy loud. I have gone by the man a few times already. Neutral in my friend.

Worx. Yeah Gruppe-S is a no go. Got a PM from mike his morning.

I'll call soren again today. I forgot they are closed on mondays. And gagan/subydude might have them.

Justin...thing slaps worse than ever now. go figure. It slaps less on start up and shut down but at idle it just wacks the crap out of the tunnel. crazy. and the suspension is dope man. My aligments not to bad...I drive a bit like a drunk but it's closer than I expected it to be. I think I'll get my alignement done on thursday.

something is squeeking pretty bad in some turns. I emptied the car out so I can seperate interior from exterior so we'll see how it goes.
I heard you nail it down thorton. LOL That sucks, stupid BS hangars. Something squeeking, I wonder what it might be.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:55 AM
General Pimpin'

I was wondering if you'd here that. That was coming out of that turn after 7/11 by the gas station. haa.. I waited and looked for the everpresent popo there.

Yeah I don't know what's squeeking. I listened for it this morning. It's only turning left hard from what I can tell so far. So i'm thinking it might just be the alignment and the tires rubbing someplace barely. But it doesn't sound like that. sounds more like a squeeky bushing or something like that.

I'm gonna call subydude on my lunch break and see if that pans out then call soren.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:28 PM
VIP Member

I was wondering if you'd here that. That was coming out of that turn after 7/11 by the gas station. haa.. I waited and looked for the everpresent popo there.

Yeah I don't know what's squeeking. I listened for it this morning. It's only turning left hard from what I can tell so far. So i'm thinking it might just be the alignment and the tires rubbing someplace barely. But it doesn't sound like that. sounds more like a squeeky bushing or something like that.

I'm gonna call subydude on my lunch break and see if that pans out then call soren.
Sounds good. It could also be your tires are rubbing cause now the back is lower. Check your rear wheel well and see if there is any excess rubber there.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Sounds good. It could also be your tires are rubbing cause now the back is lower. Check your rear wheel well and see if there is any excess rubber there.

will do.

Man you should call dave just for reference. Definately call him when you plan to change.

Megan was getting quotes for like $400 a month. So I called Dave and it came out to about $180 a month.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

will do.

Man you should call dave just for reference. Definately call him when you plan to change.

Megan was getting quotes for like $400 a month. So I called Dave and it came out to about $180 a month.
Sweet. Yea I'll definitely call when I have money to change.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Perrin Turbo Back Exhaust (catless)(right-click, save as) (.mpg file)

Loud is an understatement!!!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:05 PM
General Pimpin'

I can't get that link to work. But I already know what it sounds like.haa. mostly.

Justin...man I just talked to megan. Dave got here $1072 for 6 months with 2 points and in 6 months when they're both off it's LESS than $500 for 6 months. WTF is that man. I'm older and with a clean record...booooooooooooo. dang chicks.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by lowball
Perrin Turbo Back Exhaust (catless)(right-click, save as) (.mpg file)

Loud is an understatement!!!!!

yep, thats exactly what mine sounded like at the Gruppe-S dyno day last weekend! LOL Everyone was holding their ears......is that your wagon lowball? its a sexAy one! if it is yours, what did you dyno on that pull? just curious

-Ted
Old 03-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6

TO THE RESCUE... BOOYAH!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
I can't get that link to work. But I already know what it sounds like.haa. mostly.

Justin...man I just talked to megan. Dave got here $1072 for 6 months with 2 points and in 6 months when they're both off it's LESS than $500 for 6 months. WTF is that man. I'm older and with a clean record...booooooooooooo. dang chicks.
You may have to rename the file and add .mpg on the end. (I.E. filename.mpg)

Quick Reply: Perrin Exhaust...experienced help please