PDR Dent Outcome

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 AM

Car Info: '06 Wagon
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
The problem with dent days, group drives, this that and the other is actually getting people to commit. Everyone is "yeah, im in" when its in the planning stage and then suddenly all that gungho turns into "uhh, yeah, uhhh like my dog ate my car or something" when it actually comes time to show up with $$ in hand. Then theres the problem of trying to work around everyone else's schedule when in reality, its they who should be manipulating their schedule for an event.

I tried to do a group headlight baking day, out of all the "yeah yeah yeah" people in that thread, 4 actually followed through.
if there is gonna be a dent day... people who are really serious should prepay or put a deposit in. that would be a good way to make people commit... did u end up clearing and painting your lights spoolin?
Old 07-14-2009, 11:19 AM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Simonster
if there is gonna be a dent day... people who are really serious should prepay or put a deposit in. that would be a good way to make people commit... did u end up clearing and painting your lights spoolin?
Thats a possibility. Don't know how well it would be realized though.

Yeah, me and 3 other guys had our headlights done and had a fun day. Everyone else got to think about having their headlights painted and cleared.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:21 AM

Car Info: '06 Wagon
lol i was one of the guys that wanted to do it that day...but i ended up doin it like a month earlier with a friend. but man i need a dent day for sure...grey cars dont do well with dents lol
Old 07-14-2009, 11:36 AM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
Well, let's hope my post didn't get overlooked, and get some feedback.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by SK
Well, let's hope my post didn't get overlooked, and get some feedback.
Setup a new thread. This one is too cluttered.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:59 AM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
Setup a new thread. This one is too cluttered.
That's the plan as soon as dentcrew get back to me.

It's funny - I actually found your thread while googling for pdr reviews in the Bay Area. Kind of ironic that I've overlooked it here...
Old 07-14-2009, 12:09 PM

Interesting. There isn't much PDR feedback for places up here and if there is you don't know if it is a 'car guy' or just a regular joe reviewing a place. That, in my opinion, makes a big difference.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:19 PM

Interesting. There isn't much PDR feedback for places up here and if there is you don't know if it is a 'car guy' or just a regular joe reviewing a place. That, in my opinion, makes a big difference.
So as you could tell I was sad the old dent day didnt work out. My thinking was these guys get 50-90 bucks a pop, and with a dent day they'd have to work harder, and make less money= no incentive.

Hopefully i'm wrong........

my buddy told me this guy who visit some of the car dealerships in WC including subaru, is really good at dent removal, not just an average joe (also what I want to avoid). Maybe we should try and set something up with him

I'd be willing to pay 20 bucks to someone who would hold it that way it'd be a a promised sum of money for the guy. (obviously don't want to give it to him till the dent day)........but that way would could create a list with people who would commit, because I understand you can't flake on a guy who is taking time out of his reg schedule. Then we could pay sum after the work is done. Kinda far fetched but I really do want to get a dent day going.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
So as you could tell I was sad the old dent day didnt work out. My thinking was these guys get 50-90 bucks a pop, and with a dent day they'd have to work harder, and make less money= no incentive.

Hopefully i'm wrong........

my buddy told me this guy who visit some of the car dealerships in WC including subaru, is really good at dent removal, not just an average joe (also what I want to avoid). Maybe we should try and set something up with him

I'd be willing to pay 20 bucks to someone who would hold it that way it'd be a a promised sum of money for the guy. (obviously don't want to give it to him till the dent day)........but that way would could create a list with people who would commit, because I understand you can't flake on a guy who is taking time out of his reg schedule. Then we could pay sum after the work is done. Kinda far fetched but I really do want to get a dent day going.
The thing with dent guys is that they spend a bulk of their time driving around. The benefit of a dent day to them is that they drive to one place and make their normal day in revenue or more in way less time.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:44 PM

The thing with dent guys is that they spend a bulk of their time driving around. The benefit of a dent day to them is that they drive to one place and make their normal day in revenue or more in way less time.
ahh thats a great point. Should I try and contact this guy? or get his number?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
ahh thats a great point. Should I try and contact this guy? or get his number?
I would. Ask for Joe, hes the only 'contractor' I have experience with at Dent Crew.