PDR Dent Outcome

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:38 AM

Car Info: .
PDR Dent Outcome

Just a follow up to https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/justin-pdr-phone-number-206212/

I had to get a second opinion before I dropped $$$ to have the fender fixed and repainted at a body shop. On a whim I call Dent Crew since Yelp seemed to like them. The tech Joe was awesome. He got the whole thing out, crease and all. He worked in La Jolla on a ton of uber expensive exotics and had some cool stories. I'll edit this this with an after shot when I get done with work.

Well, just wanted to put it out there that Joe @ Dent Crew is the man. He was interested in doing a group dent day too if there is enough interest.

http://www.dentcrew.com FTW

edit:

Before:
Name:  photo02.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  77.0 KB
After:

Last edited by Spoolin415; 07-08-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Oh nice, thanks for the info!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:15 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
I would be interested in a dent day. There are a few small little buggers that are getting on my nerves.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:21 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
I have a couple of dents on my car (one that is right on the crease on the driver's side rear door). If he can get stuff like that out then I'd definitely be interested in doing a group day depending on the pricing.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:40 PM

Car Info: Steel Gray 2006 STi MBP 2012 Impreza Sport
in for dent day
Old 07-06-2009, 12:49 PM

dent day isn't going to happen sorry guys, just get it done on your own.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:38 PM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
nice
Old 07-06-2009, 03:03 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Just a follow up to https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206212

I had to get a second opinion before I dropped $$$ to have the fender fixed and repainted at a body shop. On a whim I call Dent Crew since Yelp seemed to like them. The tech Joe was awesome. He got the whole thing out, crease and all. He worked in La Jolla on a ton of uber expensive exotics and had some cool stories. I'll edit this this with an after shot when I get done with work.

Well, just wanted to put it out there that Joe @ Dent Crew is the man. He was interested in doing a group dent day too if there is enough interest.

http://www.dentcrew.com FTW
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
dent day isn't going to happen sorry guys, just get it done on your own.

Well slow04wrx, being that you are not the OP in this thread are you speaking on behalf of Dent Crew (or Joe @ Dent Crew) as it sounds like he was interested in possibly putting together a Dent Day if enough interest in generated?

I know that there was another Dent Day that fell through, but this seems to be for a different person so I'm curious as to how you got your info and why the OP is not the one stating the information?
Old 07-08-2009, 09:39 PM

Results in first post.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:46 AM

Car Info: 05 CGM WRX
What does he charge? I'm interested. I have a huge one on my passenger door.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:33 AM

Car Info: 2002 4EAT MBP wrx wagon
I arranged a dent day witth justin back in the day and he charged 25 for a quarter sized dent, negotiating on up.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Khooda
What does he charge? I'm interested. I have a huge one on my passenger door.
This took him about an hour and a half. It was $100. Prices are on their website.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:42 AM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
If the interests shown here are genuinely serious, I've just left a message with dentcrew regarding getting my dent repair, and am going to inquire about group rate (how much off and how many to qualify for discount).

Said discount may not be much, but it's still better than paying full service retail, IMO.

PS
Thanks OP for the review.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by flukewrx
Well slow04wrx, being that you are not the OP in this thread are you speaking on behalf of Dent Crew (or Joe @ Dent Crew) as it sounds like he was interested in possibly putting together a Dent Day if enough interest in generated?

I know that there was another Dent Day that fell through, but this seems to be for a different person so I'm curious as to how you got your info and why the OP is not the one stating the information?

Cause we had a huge thread going for a long time. There was literally 30 people at least who wanted a dent day, which was trying to be setup by as far as I can tell, the 2 people who know more about it and are the 2 people to talk to as far as 1) dent removal 2) dent day. Unfortunately nobody was able to get it together, and that many people was not enough incentive for someone to do a dent day.

Are you saying that you are setting up a dent day and have a guy?

but ya, you are right people should not speak of on behalf of the dent people, if they are serious and want to make some money tell them to post up and plan something otherwise, you guys are on your own.

but ya you are way behind on there being "enough interest generated", there was like 30 people who needed dents on out in the last recent thread that fell through.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 07-14-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:03 AM

The problem with dent days, group drives, this that and the other is actually getting people to commit. Everyone is "yeah, im in" when its in the planning stage and then suddenly all that gungho turns into "uhh, yeah, uhhh like my dog ate my car or something" when it actually comes time to show up with $$ in hand. Then theres the problem of trying to work around everyone else's schedule when in reality, its they who should be manipulating their schedule for an event.

I tried to do a group headlight baking day, out of all the "yeah yeah yeah" people in that thread, 4 actually followed through.

Quick Reply: PDR Dent Outcome