Palo Alto Parking No Nos

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 10:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
my coworker got a parking ticket at work the other day. Its two hour parking, but we all always park on the side for our 5 1/2+ hour shifts. THeres some new business across the street and the owner is an asshat. Theres a 24 minute zone infront of his store, and once my other coworker pulled over there to find something in her car and the guy came out and gave her crap all like "you know this is a 24 minute zone blah blah blah." To top it off his customers always park in our lot, where there are signs infront of every spot that say its for our store only

anyways, the point is that the day after she got the ticket, and today, no one along the whole street, on either side was marked by a meter maid....****ing slacker cops
Old 05-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
i was chased by the cops one drunken night in palo alto... good times!

sd
Old 05-20-2006, 04:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
Originally Posted by jonp
Are you Asian? I would have serious issue with that even if it was said to me, and I'm white...especially if he had a poor attitude during the whole thing. At the time you were probably just happy to not get send to the smog ref or something, because I would have been pissed.
Nah, I'm white. I had a license plate frame that said "I don't cook rice, I smoke it." Which is the reason for the comment by the bacon. It was 1:30am and I was on my way home from my girl's house. For all the **** talking they did, the cops had NO ****ing CLUE what they were doing. They paid NO attention to my FMIC but questioned me for 20 minutes about my STi headlights... In the end I told them my HKS Carbon/Ti was just a muffler welded onto factory piping for a car show. They gave me a ticket for modified exhaust and no front plate. All in all I was just glad I didn't get ref'd because 8 hours after that incident was my court date for racing, (which I lost)...

FYI did you guys know if you're convicted of street racing or "speed contest" or whatever the hell you want to call it, you can NEVER own a gun? Just found that out when I was inquiring about my misdemeanor status last week... LAME!