Pacquiao vs Marquez III

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 08:40 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Wow, lotsa opinions here...

First off, if you had to grade the rounds one by one, you'd noticed Pacman eeked out some rounds and won the fight, period. Pacquiao wasn't all show and dominating this fight because JMM is just a good counter type of guy. Pacman stated he couldn't step in knowing JMM was waiting for him.

Yes, the fight was closer than the first 2 fights, but in the end the champion is Pacman. If Pacman is the champ, you need to go in there as the challenge and TAKE the belt away. I didn't see that from JMM, JMM tried to counter punch his way to victoria. He didn't force the issue enough, which is partly why he looked so good. He was busy trying to counter stuff, but again, as a challenger YOU NEED TO TAKE THE fight to the champion. It might have felt like he should have won, but he didn't really finish the fight.

There could be a IV and a V fight, but they will all look the same. It could have been another draw. JMM just has a style that makes it difficult for Pacman to win as dominate as the rest of the previous guys he's slaughtered.

We all know Manny didn't look like his usual dominating form.
We all know Manny is the champ BEFORE going into the fight.
We all know it's up to the challenge to take the belt, not go as passively as JMM did.
Those 2 will always make a close fight.
Please fight Mayweather next, Pacman is out of dudes to fight.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:43 PM

And btw, having 28 stitches for a level 3 injury due to that headbutt must suck.

And one more thing, any corner that says "You're ahead" in such a close fight is a failure. His corner should have said "You're behind and you need a knockout, give it everything." Playing that keep away weak *** Rd. 12 crap shows the judges you don't want the W.

Last edited by iLoqin; 11-13-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:53 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
It was the right call. I felt the 115-113 card to be accurate. Sure, it was JMM's best fight ever, and probably luke warm on Manny's fights, so not the best of Manny, but that has to do with the surprise output of JMM. I think it will pretty much enforce the Manny needs a solid camp for Floyd, and I think he will be fine. We hardly see Manny get flustered and off track like tonight. I think it will be an issue, he will learn to prep better.
I look at the fight this way. It was a much better fight for JMM than most people thought and not a great one for Manny. He definitely didn't perform the way he has in his last half dozen or so fights. But that just shows the difference in talent. JMM had a damn good fight and got the loss. It was really close. We know the 116-112 card was off, but you can't argue the other ones too hard I think. But Manny brought maybe his C game? It's like Tiger Woods from 2002. He is just on a different level that it may not be pretty and it isn't his best, but he can still get the win, no matter how close. Cuz remember, it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
Originally Posted by finch1750
i look at the fight this way. It was a much better fight for jmm than most people thought and not a great one for manny. He definitely didn't perform the way he has in his last half dozen or so fights. But that just shows the difference in talent. Jmm had a damn good fight and got the loss. It was really close. We know the 116-112 card was off, but you can't argue the other ones too hard i think. But manny brought maybe his c game? It's like tiger woods from 2002. He is just on a different level that it may not be pretty and it isn't his best, but he can still get the win, no matter how close. Cuz remember, it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile.
this!!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:15 PM
jic

Car Info: 98 2.5rs/94 rx7/04 mazda6/06 audi s4/12 GT-R
Originally Posted by iLoqin
And btw, having 28 stitches for a level 3 injury due to that headbutt must suck.

And one more thing, any corner that says "You're ahead" in such a close fight is a failure. His corner should have said "You're behind and you need a knockout, give it everything." Playing that keep away weak *** Rd. 12 crap shows the judges you don't want the W.
wrong.. a smart corner will hint your fighter how to win, not to go all out when there is no need. JMM was winning, thats why he avoided getting knocked out in round 11 and 12.

boxing is rigged. I didnt want neither to win..but id rather see pacman knocked out by mayweather than marquez again.

maybe roach can predict which round manny will get knocked out the next time.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by jic
wrong.. a smart corner will hint your fighter how to win, not to go all out when there is no need. JMM was winning, thats why he avoided getting knocked out in round 11 and 12.
Claiming JMM won is wrong. Count it round by round, sure some of them were extremely close, in the end it would at least be a draw. To take a title, you need to be decisive in winning, not nit picking and hope the judges sway your way.

In any case, these 2 guys would always make great fights. I want to see Mayweather do something. I still want to see Manny boxing in his prime against Mayweather, not when he's too old to fight.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:49 AM

Car Info: toaster
Originally Posted by jic

boxing is rigged. I didnt want neither to win..but id rather see pacman knocked out by mayweather than marquez again.

maybe roach can predict which round manny will get knocked out the next time.
I guarantee you Floyd would not knock out Pacqiuao... you're entitled to your own opinion but the only way he'd knock down Pacman is doin what he did in the Ortiz fight and hittin' him when he's not ready. If that fight were to go down, which it should, itll go 12 rounds... with Floyd winning...
Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 AM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
I thought the fight was close and I had it at a draw but I think Manny winning was the right call. It could've gone to either fighter since it was so close BUT JMM didn't come out and take the belt. He didn't beat the champ. If he had just come out strong and fought in the 12th, he would've won (from what I remember, manny won the 12th round making one of the score cards 114-114 and gave him the win in the other card 115-113). JMM's corner shouldn't have been telling him he basically won the fight.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:52 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Claiming JMM won is wrong. Count it round by round, sure some of them were extremely close, in the end it would at least be a draw. To take a title, you need to be decisive in winning, not nit picking and hope the judges sway your way.

In any case, these 2 guys would always make great fights. I want to see Mayweather do something. I still want to see Manny boxing in his prime against Mayweather, not when he's too old to fight.
1)Saying PAC man won is as wrong...
2)as a champ you have to prove you are a champ too, he didn't. He lost man just come to sense with it. Marquez edged hom this time but boxing NEEDS PAC vs may weather... There is no other fight left for boxing.. Well nothing that will bring money in like this fight...
3) for manny to say that he won convincingly.. Is just as stupid...

I don't know what fight you watched... But it was a draw at worse....JMM took it plain and simple .. PAC man never hurt him like in the previous 2 fights.. JMM was smart to counter and not get crazy in exchanging blows in the center of the ring like thugs. He faught like a smart boxer and this frustrated PacMan, it was sooo obvious... I'll never watch boxing again... UFC is what's up!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:06 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
In a close fight like this ... Where at least 80% of people belive JMM won or was winning up to the 12 round... You don't tell you boxer to go all out on the 12th why tf would you do that? Why risk getting knocked out and loosing a decision? (We all have our opinions and of course if your a pacman fan your gonna see it his way or however it benefits him) but alot/majority of people had marquez up...so why risk loosing it all in the 12...? Because you know JMM Cant get a desicion vs PacMan no matter how bad he beats him.. It was JMM vs PAC man, 3 judges and yhe whole boxing federation...

ONLY way JMM would win would be by KO... there is no way boxing will let PacMan loose and the not get their big fight ($weather vs PacMan)... Manny knows he didn't beat JMM convincingly ..and never has been able to. I'm sure this will haunt both fighters forever...I rooted for PacMan but I thought he lost... Enough of me going off on this senseless subject haha..

Last edited by CaliSuby; 11-14-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:23 AM
jic

Car Info: 98 2.5rs/94 rx7/04 mazda6/06 audi s4/12 GT-R
^truth

if anything..it should have been a draw

but like JMM said..he might retire since if he gets rematch he's still be fighting pacman and 3 judges

Last edited by jic; 11-14-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Old 11-14-2011, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
^ headbutts + that - shady rkmagfeelingexpert
Old 11-14-2011, 04:57 PM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
video of the above (Note: I don't agree with the statement at the end)
Old 11-14-2011, 05:16 PM

Car Info: '11 SWP WRX 5-Spd Hatch
^ Wow, that's dirty. I hate it when people intentionally step on my foot in basketball. I would imagine it would hinder the fighter even more in boxing.

Quick Reply: Pacquiao vs Marquez III