Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I have that Obey hat.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:07 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by mistaanime
What's next mayweather vs Julio?
who cares. I hate mayweather.

He knew if he ducked Manny long enough he'd loose and not have to fight him. Guy is bad for the sport.

Whoever he fights he won't get paid what he would have gotten paid fighting manny.

Maybe he'll loose his next fight and he'll have to fight Manny anyways... for a lot less money... sounds like something the boxing powers that be would pull off. LOL! Save themselves about $40million dollars. LOL!

And you're damn right Manny should be proud. All these douche bags hating on him were just bandwagon boxing fans anyways so good riddance. I'm no huge hell... I'm no fan of "boxing." I love the sport. Hate the organizations.

Manny has 54 wins. 5 losses and 2 draws. And one of those losses everyone that saw the fight knows he won.

He lost to Érik Morales who he knocked out the next time they fought.

He got caught by Medgoen Singsurat and Torrecampo a LONG time ago.

Bradley was a dangerous fight to take. He could have hid out like may weather did and avoided the fight and not risked loosing but he went in there and fought anyways. And won in my opinion.

And he got caught by a great fighter that knows him well...

I'd say he's proven he's one of the great ones and he's still got some time left and a few more fights. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fight again.

I'd like to see Bradley knock mayweather out.

But he won't. It's a better match up for money than pacman is. It makes me laugh how transparent these guys are. And it makes me laugh when they start saying Pacman's prowess is in doubt. What that is boxing turning their back on a guy. And when that happens they don't win decisions so they better hope they knock everyone out (B.J. Penn... when's the last time he won a decision).

The dude lost to an undefeated fighter that is going to be fighting for the belt in his next fight (barely and controversially) and he lost to a GREAT Marquez by getting caught in a fight that he was winning.

Now if he walks out and gets KO'd in the first round of that fight or gets knocked out in the next fight I'd say he's done but I see him probably winning his next fight and either fighting Marquez again or fighting Bradley again. Then the talks of Mayweather super fight will be back on and we'll see if he's still a coward in 2 years or if he just retires to avoid it.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:05 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Marquez came in with a bigger (and stronger?) physique while still being 4 lbs lighter than Pacquiao. Wow, his trainers also deserve a lot of credit!

Name:  q6Aih.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  90.5 KB

I don't know much about boxing, so that's all I can contribute
Old 12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
General Pimpin'

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not?

Marquez was way bigger in certain areas that are designed to create power in the punch. And yes his trainers and he deserve a lot of credit. They came in very well prepared with one thing in mind... knock him out. If that fight went past the 9th round they were going to loose. Period.

AT the weigh in there were a LOT of people that pretty much said right off the bat... Manny's gonna loose. Marquez looks huge. It was enough of a difference in some area that i would not have been surprised if he failed a blood test. He is WAY bigger in the trap and shoulder than he ever has been before.

But I think he just structured his training that way. He knew Manny would be faster and last longer so he had to be stronger.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I want his traps and shoulders, those things are enormous! I know there might be some talk about PEDs because Marquez has been fighting under that weight for almost his entire career, but its still possible to add muscle at his age. I'd ask for his workout regimen, but knowing the quality of JMM, I would never be able to train like that.

Also the thing that was said pre fight was that Pacman concentrated on technique of boxing more than his conditioning, which I heard was ruthless. IMO it seemed to me Pacman wasn't as active the whole fight than he's been in the past. That could make sense since JMM has always been a counter puncher in the previous 3 fights, so Manny coulda been cautious with his activity.

That was how he looked 8 months ago. He must have been weight lifting rigorously.

Name:  q6Aih.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  90.5 KB

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-10-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 PM

Juan Manuel Marquez photos: Are doping allegations just to mess with his mind? - National Today in Photos | Examiner.com

Just a quick search...

Marquez's startlingly transformed physique is indeed impressive, but what the press seems to be using as fuel is less about Marquez and more about his new strength coach, Angel (Memo) Heredia.

Heredia was granted immunity from prosecution for drug trafficking in the 2008 BALCO scandal and had provided PEDs to several athletes. USA TODAY writer Jon Saraceno covers the issue, pointing to the rippled Marquez and the shady past Heredia brings to the table.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
^^^ hah he got heck a bigger. Regardless. Someone got paid big that night. I'm sure many heads were pointed toward pacman.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:18 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
Poor guy was planking.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:32 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
They all use PEDS. Its a level playing field though so its a moot point. Still crazy looking at Marquez's pics and seeing him blow up in the upper body. I wouldn't mind his "routine" lol.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by zergling
Damn, Marquez must have been doing a lot of shoulder shrugs in the gym. That front deltoid of his is lookin crazy.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lurk
Damn, Marquez must have been doing a lot of shoulder shrugs in the gym. That front deltoid of his is lookin crazy.
I know boxers use a lot of weighted neck things, they develop awesome traps, too.

Somethin like that, but there are plenty of other devices. The fact that Marquez for his whole career never looked that big, ever is still astounding.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:38 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Oh I wasn't sarcastic. To put on that much muscle at that age and still be 4 lbs lighter than pac is incredible. Stronger AND leaner than pac - that's impressive.

As for PED talks, unless they come up with stringent testing, i think we can't really do much but speculate lol
Old 12-10-2012, 11:45 PM

Car Info: STI Hatch - 2012
Marquez came in with a bigger (and stronger?) physique while still being 4 lbs lighter than Pacquiao. Wow, his trainers also deserve a lot of credit!

I don't know much about boxing, so that's all I can contribute
The pics don't show Pac's Tree-Trunk legs and knees..
Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 AM
General Pimpin'

Oh I wasn't sarcastic. To put on that much muscle at that age and still be 4 lbs lighter than pac is incredible. Stronger AND leaner than pac - that's impressive.

As for PED talks, unless they come up with stringent testing, i think we can't really do much but speculate lol
Werd. And they won't. The dude he hired knows how to beat tests.

Quick Reply: Pacquiao vs Marquez