Pacquiao Vs Margarito to take place at 154lbs

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Pacquiao Vs Margarito to take place at 154lbs

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30503

Pacquiao-Margarito: WBC Approves 154-Pound Title Fight

The World Boxing Council received a request from Top Rank Inc. to approve the bout between Manny Pacquiao and Mexican fighter, Antonio Margarito, for the WBC Superwelterweight world title, to be held at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium this coming November 13th.

The voting in favor of the fight was unanimous by the Board of Governors, as it is considered to be one of the great bouts that can be held in these times between two great fighters.

The title was vacated when former world champion, Sergio Martinez, decided to do so, after winning the WBC Middleweight world title when he defeated Kelly Pavlik last April 17th.

This bout will take place exactly one week after the 48th WBC Annual World Convention to be held in Cancun is closed.
Margarito is a big guy..this should be a great fight. Props to Manny if he can win a belt at his 8th different weight.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:46 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
When is that ***** Floyd gonna step up for his *** whuppin by Manny?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:45 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jewpac42
When is that ***** Floyd gonna step up for his *** whuppin by Manny?
I'm as anxious to see Floyd maul Manny as you are Kev First Manny has to get past Margarito...we'll see how that goes. At 154lbs Margarito will be a big 5'11" boxer, much bigger than Manny.

I have to commend Manny for taking on such big risks to make history, Floyd could take a leaf out of his book, Manny's got some big ***** on him. Is he now the richest person in the Philippines?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:23 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Manny steppin' up against a guy heavier than him. The only thing I'd question is his power going up weight, but when you're fast, the power shows up later.

Is this going to be the 8th belt he's going for? That's pretty insane. Whether this sells or not... Mayweather still makes a boat load more cash than him. In any case, he'd make a whole lot more if these two ever tied up. I think he's on another one of his "Who cares about ya'll, you guys will wait for me" phase. Going as a damn sluggish pace of 1 match per year.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:52 PM

Car Info: 1975 Ford Pinto
mayweather keeps pushing the fight with manny so he thinks manny will get older and slower and beat up by these coming opponents, so when he will finally fight him, it wont be at his prime.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:13 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Doesn't Mayweather have enough cash to buy the Phillipines outright?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:20 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Is this going to be the 8th belt he's going for? That's pretty insane.
Yep,

Flyweight 112lbs
Superbantamweight 122lbs
Featherweight 126lbs
Super Featherweight 130lbs
Lightweight 135lbs
Junior Welterweight 140lbs
Welterweight 147lbs
Junior Middleweight/Super Welterweight 154lbs

He will have held belts at all these weights. Hall of Fame for sure.

Last edited by glenspen; 08-31-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:32 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX sedan
Originally Posted by glenspen
I'm as anxious to see Floyd maul Manny as you are Kev First Manny has to get past Margarito...we'll see how that goes. At 154lbs Margarito will be a big 5'11" boxer, much bigger than Manny.

I have to commend Manny for taking on such big risks to make history, Floyd could take a leaf out of his book, Manny's got some big ***** on him. Is he now the richest person in the Philippines?
Cotto was a lot bigger than Manny too. Manny even took a few good shots and just shruged them off.

Manny is definitely in a win win spot though. The risk is beyond worth it for him. Also, I think he just wants it. The guy has drive and wants to see what he can do, he tests himself.

Mayweather, not so much. I think he is at a point where he will not take a fight that he has a possibility of losing. Hate to use rocky as a reference, but its just like how rocky got mad criticism for defending his belt against people who weren't worthy. Mayweather is a joke. Yeah he is good, but he is not a real champion. Champs should seek out the best to test themselves and prove their status. Mayweather is just lame and is all about the money.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by skeeler
Cotto was a lot bigger than Manny too. Manny even took a few good shots and just shruged them off.

Manny is definitely in a win win spot though. The risk is beyond worth it for him. Also, I think he just wants it. The guy has drive and wants to see what he can do, he tests himself.

Mayweather, not so much. I think he is at a point where he will not take a fight that he has a possibility of losing. Hate to use rocky as a reference, but its just like how rocky got mad criticism for defending his belt against people who weren't worthy. Mayweather is a joke. Yeah he is good, but he is not a real champion. Champs should seek out the best to test themselves and prove their status. Mayweather is just lame and is all about the money.
Yup. He knows Manny will take it to him so he is refusing to fight. Manny have given in to just about all of Floyd's ridiculous demands and Floyd still won't fight him.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Manny can win this. Got the stats? I bet Manny will be reach disadvantaged, so he's going to take a **** load of jabs, but I think Manny can easily come up with many, many diagonal uppercut/hook thingymabobers that he throws from like the weirdest angles.

Just doesn't sense sometimes, even though you watching him like a hawk, how his fist can make it from his chest to the other mans face in a blink of an eye...

Eventually yes, he will start to lose, but I don't see that for years. He will be Hall of Fame and more. LEGEND.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:05 PM
VIP Member

Margo definitely has a great chance of winning, and the odds will be good as Manny will be a huge favorite. I should make a bet against Manny really but every time I bet against him so far I've lost money.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:51 PM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx
I know this doesn't have to do with the Margarito fight but..

who saw the ignorant, racist, Mayweather trash talking video released a few days ago!!?? (too lazy to link it, sorry)

How is this ***** going to talk **** and say he's on a vacation..