Pace to run...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:50 PM

Car Info: A stupid R32
Originally Posted by boardoholic
"a 200 in 2 minutes" is practically walking. You had the distance & time correct at the beginning of your post. At any rate, I agree it shouldn't be too bad to run that "cold"... meaning w/ ZERO preparedness.
Hahaha...yeah, friggin numbers! Still a walk in the park though.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:09 PM

Car Info: .
I say just suck it up and go ***** out. Worst that happens is you collapse after you pass the test.

It'll be good motivation to get and stay in shape.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Oops, I forgot to respond to Ray. Just curious... it looks like iLoqin asked, but are you doing both the 220-yd run -AND- the agility test this wknd? And what does that agility portion entail?

I know I'm leaner than you, but I just tossed on some soccer-type sandals & timed myself running a 660-ft stretch right outside my house that measured using GoogleMaps Distance Measurement Tool. I did it just under a minute at a pretty mellow pace all w/ a bit of struggling to keep the slides on my feet.

If you can, I'd recommend doing at least a comfy 100-yd jog to have a rough idea of where you're at. At a comfy pace, I don't think you'd be too sore from passing the test a couple days later. FYI: 220 yds is only half a lap around the track.

Seriously, I have no doubts you'll pass. Like Spoolin said, the only thing you'll need to worry about is being a li'l light-headed & winded once you've crossed the finish line. Back in the day, for a Physical Fitness Test (pull-ups, standing long jump, sit-ups, push-ups and a 600-yd dash) that I was ill-prepared for, I was super woozy once all was said & done.

G'luck, bruddah.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:10 AM

Car Info: 06 CGM PDM
There's a lot of words to read. But a gist, it shouldn't be too hard. a light jog could even make it.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:03 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
I say just suck it up and go ***** out. Worst that happens is you collapse after you pass the test.
Yup. You're not running unless you're puking.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:40 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
barely over 2 football fields under 60 should be easy... at least for me. Back when I was in football in high school we used to do flying 40's... and seriously that was like 10 seconds up and down the field. Doing something double that... shouldn't be difficult.

Height, weight, BMI and body fat %?

Yeah back in the day I was pretty gangster with my fitness. I ran 10 miles in an hour and 7 minutes at over 8000 feet. I ran the 40 in under 4.5 and could crack of a 6 minute mile pretty easily. Road a couple centuries and road over 200 miles a week along with 3 day a week 2-3 hour work outs. When I played football I could also put up over 1000 pounds on the hipsled.

But all that means nothing.

As for h/w/%.

I'm 5'10.5" 245 pounds this morning. No idea on body fat. I'm not a sloppy 245 like you'd expect but I could stand to and plan to loose 30-40 more pounds. I carry 195-215 pretty well.

I'm gonna pace it off tonight and just do it. Just gonna go take the test.

Hell I think on all the snowboard trips most people are gassed out and done before I am. haaaaa.

Hey Cliff. Thanks for running that out for me. Gives me an idea.

I'm just glad I"m not doing the santa clara agility test yet. That will be a couple months down the road. There's is MUCH tougher.
1.5 mile run in 14 minutes.
500 yard ran in 2 minutes I think it is.
60 yard dummy drag
6 foot solid wall
6 foot chain link fence
crazy agility course in like 20 seconds or some crap.

That one I'm gonna need to train a couple months for. Started before I got sick and started back up this week. I worked out for about an hour today.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Dude if you aren't going to do any running to warm up, you should at least start stretching. That will at least keep any injuries away. Also man, how is your knee gonna take all that?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:42 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Are you serious? You could almost walk that.

Run as fast as you can and then jog the rest.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:17 PM

Car Info: Nadda
All that stuff is pretty easy. 1.5mil in 14 minutes? Just run at a 7mile pace and you pass =P
Old 08-06-2009, 10:13 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by iLoqin
All that stuff is pretty easy. 1.5mil in 14 minutes? Just run at a 7mile pace and you pass =P
I'm pretty sure someone could power walk 1.5 miles in under 14mins. Lol.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
...Hell I think on all the snowboard trips most people are gassed out and done before I am. haaaaa.
Thnx to y'all Indo board.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Hey Cliff. Thanks for running that out for me. Gives me an idea.

I'm just glad I"m not doing the santa clara agility test yet. That will be a couple months down the road. There's is MUCH tougher.
1.5 mile run in 14 minutes.
500 yard ran in 2 minutes I think it is.
60 yard dummy drag
6 foot solid wall
6 foot chain link fence
crazy agility course in like 20 seconds or some crap.

That one I'm gonna need to train a couple months for. Started before I got sick and started back up this week. I worked out for about an hour today.
No need to thank me. I was curious myself. A few weeks ago, I started jogging again but have not been timing myself. I have a pretty good idea on distance thanks to that GoogleMaps tool. I'm not really into running, but I obviously know that regular exercise helps... even for scrawny Flips like me.

Hmmm... the Sta Clara test does have a bit more to it, eh? Like most have said, these shouldn't be too difficult to pass. 'Tis all about putting in the training time & getting your body prepared. It just makes going thru all the other aspects of the program that much less stressful by not having to worry about the physical part, right?

Oh, and definitely heed Justin's advice.... stretch, stretch, stretch. I think I might be a "stretch-oholic" as well.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:31 AM

I heard it was drying up in law enforcement, at least $$ wise. I read a few articles of a lot of firemen and cops taking huge pay cuts or no guaranteed salary increase. Anywho, if that is the case, then you better make yourself look good and go ***** out on everything.

If you seriously are training to make yourself LOOK good rather than just pass or fail, eat your early morning breakfast and get in some good running in there.

Running = 60% or harder cardio (everyone's body is different, so I use %'s) for at least 20minutes.

Seriously, if I was going 60% at 20minutes, that's at least 2-3 miles. Besides, you want better longevity and health (which obviously many Americans are lacking) so get into the habit of learning to enjoy your sweat.

In my experience, the first mile is killer, and the first half of the 2nd mile suck, but after that, you gain some second wind and you're tryin' to do 3-4 miles. It really is all mental! Helps with positive motivation too! Similar to working out and moving up to the next heavier plate!

Anywho, good luck with the testing!

Last edited by iLoqin; 08-07-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:33 AM

Repost, deleted =P