In And Out (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 05:41 PM

Car Info: N/A
Originally Posted by cohlineman
My wife and I are vegetarians, my son isn't...In and out is the only fast food place we eat at after having watched Supersize Me who specifically mentioned In-n-Out as a consciously run operation as far as fat laden fast food goes.
Soggy fries are a sign of no chemical assistance in the oils or the potatoes which they prep right there in front of you, not in some dark, Monsanto funded factory. This is my favorite and only sought after menu item.
Any hamburger which drips enough juice to ruin its packaging is a sign that it is made from fresh beef (ughhh, poor MOO MOOs! Too bad they can't use grass fed beef and avoid feeding all of you hormones, antibiotics and steroids) which is more than can be said for that Six Dollar Burger whose patty is trucked in looking like a UFO, flash frozen at Area 51! The chemical content would make Barry Bond's blood test look as clean as a toddler's.
What many anti-In-n-Out comments reflect is the subconcious corporate brainwashing our youth has been subjected too such as subconciously "knowing" what a "good" french fry shouyld look and feel like irregardless of what characteristics a real potato has, just like I, Having completed my adolescence in the eighties, have been subconsciously brainwashed into believing fake breasts are better than real ones when bolted onto real stupid low self esteemed women and girls over eighteen.
Revolt, damnit, Revolt!!
That's devil talk go wash your mouth out with soap! LOL
Old 02-25-2006, 06:45 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by [W5]IntoTheWRX
so lets start it off with the picture

for all you in and out eaters, you should all know about the secret menu right?
just how many secret items do they have on there? all i know are:
"(number) by (number)" - number= how many patties you want on your burger
"animal style" - your onions grilled
"animal fries" - grilled chopped onions and chese on top of your fries
other:
bible verses on the bottom of every packaging

what other secrets do you guys know?
For some reason, that thing just looks disgusting. =X
Old 02-25-2006, 06:54 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
You would.

Haha, I have no idea what you mean by that...
Old 02-25-2006, 07:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
niether do I...

It just sounded like a rude thing to say.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
sometime I think it depends on which location you go to. I too love Carls Jr. with their Six-Dollar B. But I've been to some and ordered the same, and was crap! So far, I only like the In-N-Out by my work and Carls Jr. by my house.

Originally Posted by Salty
Am I the only one that thinks In N Out is the most overrated hamburger place ever?
Old 02-25-2006, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
My wife and I are vegetarians, my son isn't...In and out is the only fast food place we eat at after having watched Supersize Me who specifically mentioned In-n-Out as a consciously run operation as far as fat laden fast food goes.

How can you possibly say this in a thread with such a picture? We're talking about a place that will gladly serve you a x4, x10, x15, whatever...

And I don't care if the fries are fresh cut. As a current culinary student* soggy anything out of the fryer is a sign of low oil temp or fries held too long before service (or both).

*Yes, I am currently attending culinary school from 7am to 12pm everyday before real work just because I can. And yes, I have fried fresh cut potatoes in the highest quality oils crisp and delicate every time. Oils derived from vegetables near lake minnetonka.

Don't get me wrong... it's not that I dislike them... they're just okay.

Originally Posted by STi-FTW
Ask for cripsy fries if you don't like them soft, that is how I always get mine. Ask for a cardbord box if you don't like the burgers leaking in the bag, they hold up a whole lot better.
Maybe that's my gripe then? I don't think you should have to ask for this, especially as a new customer that gets a bad impression because of a soaked passenger seat on the way home. There shouldn't be a unwritten language when ordering a ****ing hamburger. haha

Last edited by Salty; 02-25-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
grilled cheese.
u can mix up the combos with like a 4 x 3 or a 3 x 5.
fried mustard and ketchup instead of their sauce
list goes on
Old 02-26-2006, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Am I the only one that thinks In N Out is the most overrated hamburger place ever?

Their burger is okay but nothing to go ape **** over. Their fries are always soggy which means that they're held too long prior to service or their fat is not hot enough. What really pisses me off about their burgers are their half-*** wrap jobs which allows the juices to leak through the bag.

Not saying any fast food burger is great but if it came down between the best fast food burger i'd have to say the Regular Six Dollar Burger or Six Dollar w/bacon and Carls Jr. fries blows In-N-Out out of the water.
No, you're not - I have heard a couple other people vocalize their bad taste as well.

See you cannot compare In-n-Out to any fast food place like Mcd's, Wendys, Carls, etc. Cannot. Doing so is pointless and demonstrates how much you don't know about it. In-In-Out uses ACTUAL FOOD and has no microwaves or freezers in their kitchens. There is no FLAVOUR MANUFACTURING going on there.

Whether you like it or not is total pesonal preference. I have gotten a few batches of bad fries before. Most of the time they are perfect. You are probably used to other fast food places where the fries are exactly the same, every time in every location. That's manufacturing for you, but I prefer actual food.

BTW - I have seen my brother eat stuff like that meatpile. I love In-N-Out but that's nasty. I've seen my bro put away 4 4x4s before which made me not want In-n-Out for a while... Heh.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6

Their burger is okay but nothing to go ape **** over. Their fries are always soggy which means that they're held too long prior to service or their fat is not hot enough. What really pisses me off about their burgers are their half-*** wrap jobs which allows the juices to leak through the bag.

Not saying any fast food burger is great but if it came down between the best fast food burger i'd have to say the Regular Six Dollar Burger or Six Dollar w/bacon and Carls Jr. fries blows In-N-Out out of the water.

The only thing I like from In-N-Out are their shakes.
No

I still think America's pasttime buger joint will always be A&W.

DON'T go to any kfc/a&w conglomerate place. You have to go to the REAL ones. Unfotuneately there aren't many around anymore. The one San Rafael was great until they changed ownership. I frequent the one in Santa Rosa when I'm headed up that way. I've been at LIC and even thought about driving an extra hr to hit up A&W.

I like IN&OUT though. It's ok, just too damned packed.

Sonic is better. Too bad Sonic is in Tracy, and that just too far away to get something to eat. But damn is Sonic good.

-Gagan
Old 02-26-2006, 10:21 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
GROUP BUY! :rotfl: i wont eat any other fast food than In-N-Out. im with Cohlineman.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:25 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rau
GROUP BUY! :rotfl: i wont eat any other fast food than In-N-Out. im with Cohlineman.
The last time I had McD's was 2002 in Reno when I helped my brother move. I threw up about 15 minutes later and decided then and there no more manufactured food like substance garbage for me. I used to eat at Taco Bell, Carls and Burger King. I lost weight, feel better and will never look back. Newge.

In-n-Out rules. One of the biggest things I missed in Hawaii...
Old 02-26-2006, 10:25 AM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Thumbs up You're a Man after my heart Salty!

First off, to reply to everyone else who answered my prose...
MMMMM...Grilled Cheese Animal Style, sounds good, but are those cows used for the milk treated kindly like the ones in Italy??? My in-laws play music for them while milking, makes them happy.

My dear ghost shadow, My words are the devils's words because , quite frankly i may very well be the devil!

And , Salty,
do not take offense at my silly ramblings! I am very happy to hear of your chosen career path. Our son, Marco, who came here from the old country for high school has since graduated and is also enrolled in the culinary program at the Santa Rosa Junior College, not very prestigious, but hey, it's all we can afford. he's lucky, however since this family knows an itty bitty thing or two about food.

Todays Chronicle, page 2 , has a nice little article on our home base, if you are into food, read it! The hell with the olympics, Torino is about food!We ate MEAT, raw and cooked, we only stopped here, and if anyone researches their food you will understand why. To us food is more than a quick bite, it has to have soul and a clean past. In-n-Out being our only jaunt into the American fast food way of life now. Not that we didn't fall for everything at first, who can remember me at Krispy Kreme a few years ago? Worse than heroin!
When we set foot here in 1996 with two suitcases, all my wife and I knew that was worthwhile was about food. Here in California:
Crivello's
LoCocco's
Ca' Bianca
Caffe Portofino &
Cucina Paradiso were all graced by my wife's culinary skills, me, I just waited tables and spoke Italian to the real customers, not the ones who ordered Veal Piccata (???WTF???) and , this is my favorite, Spaghetti and Meatballs, LOLOLOL...
like asking for a fortune cookie in a Kowloon restaurant!

You have chosen a NOBLE path. Get the Chron, read the article about the most beautiful region in europe (every Italian will say this about HIS region!) and inform yourself about the Slow Food society, it will be a feather in your cap.
http://www.slowfood.com/

I'm done
Ciao tutti!
Old 02-26-2006, 10:30 AM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Hey, what the....

I've been around since 2002 here and only have 774 posts?
Look at you guys in th3 thousands...I'll never get an avatar, damnit!
Old 02-26-2006, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

Hey, what the....

I've been around since 2002 here and only have 774 posts?
Look at you guys in th3 thousands...I'll never get an avatar, damnit!
I don't want an avatar, so if I ever get one - you can have it. Wonderful post by the way, you should post more as they are always entertaining. While others here on the boards have made me really excited about the ignore feature.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:33 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
im up past 2k and no avatar for meh either....

Quick Reply: In And Out (pic)