OT: Tall guys - where do you shop?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 10:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by bluwrxwgn
I shop at Macy's and i can always find pants. 36x34, but i like my pants baggy. I haven't really tried to find slacks or khaki's.
That's just it. Slacks are EASY to find. I've got some nice pair hanging in my closet now.

I like my pants sort of baggy too and that's what I can't find I don't wanna be a nerd
Old 09-29-2003, 10:37 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
I shop at "tiny tots"

-freddie
Old 09-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
I'm so tall, that I got bee-eye-itches to buy my clothes for me...

how bout that..

Tommy
www.mpjperformance.com
Old 09-30-2003, 02:36 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by Concillian
Last time I asked the dude at structure if they carried a particular style in 30x34 he LAUGHED OUT LOUD AT ME, I'm not kidding...
I usually abhor violence but you big or tall or big and tall guys should go to Structure, lift that clerk by his shirt collar, and ask him if he sees anything he wants to laugh at now. This could be like a clothing meet.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 09-30-2003, 08:21 AM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
dude, you aren't supposed to wear your pants around your nipples anymore sucka!!!

i'm 6'4" and i don't have much trouble finding clothes but i guess i'm just perfectly proportioned.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:25 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by Steppin Razor
dude, you aren't supposed to wear your pants around your nipples anymore sucka!!!

i'm 6'4" and i don't have much trouble finding clothes but i guess i'm just perfectly proportioned.
Yeah, you know, with me, I've got a lot of oversized appendages.

My calfs are huge!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally posted by sonicsuby
That's just it. Slacks are EASY to find. I've got some nice pair hanging in my closet now.

I like my pants sort of baggy too and that's what I can't find I don't wanna be a nerd
I usually wear Ecko and Roca Wear jeans. They tend to fit the best. But I found that the high end malls, ie Valley Fair and Stoneridge, Macy's don't carry a wide range of those brands. So I have to go to the lesser/ghetto malls and find clothes. I usually never have a problem finding pants. I should wear 34x34, but I'll just buy 36x34 and put a belt on if I have to do it that way.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:30 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by bluwrxwgn
I usually wear Ecko and Roca Wear jeans. They tend to fit the best. But I found that the high end malls, ie Valley Fair and Stoneridge, Macy's don't carry a wide range of those brands. So I have to go to the lesser/ghetto malls and find clothes. I usually never have a problem finding pants. I should wear 34x34, but I'll just buy 36x34 and put a belt on if I have to do it that way.
I'll check the downtown mall here in sac - they have a Ecko store so maybe I'll find something there. If not, I'll head over to the hood and hit the Sunrise mall
Old 09-30-2003, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
The Vintage Red Tab Jeans that Levi's started releasing last year come in crazy leg lengths. I'm 6'4" and the 34" leg length is dragging on the ground long (which is the way I like em) and they have 36" lengths.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Costco..

Heh.. Yup - Costco Levi's Silver Tab Baggy's. Wearing some now. I usually grab them if I find 33x34 or 34x34 pants because they are pretty hard to find. My most comfy clothes are some RL Baggy jeans I got at Costco 3 yrs ago - if I could find them again I would buy bags of them. Then, like.. Levi's, Old Navy and Gap khakis or cargo pants and now - sounds weird, but Nike ACG pants fit great, seem to be well made and are pretty cheap. Check them out. I am 5' 13" and about 185lbs so uhh - average I guess.

-Jacob
Old 09-30-2003, 01:03 PM

Location: "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Car Info: Midnight Black WRX - Lots O Mods
I figure I would throw in my two cents in that I am 6'8" and weigh 245 lbs. And yes, climbing through my roll cage and into my Sparco's is a huge pain in arss. Anyway, I typically buy my jeans at the Levi's store off Union Square in SF. They do custom measurements and can order any size, in any combination of color, fabric, etc. You end up with jeans that fit really well, are plenty long enough and look cool. As for slacks, dress shirts and suits I typically shop at Nordstrom. They have a great selection of larger sizes and are happy to order something that is not in stock. If you are going big pimping Las Vegas style, Versace and Giorgio Armani (not Armani Exchange) typicailly carry larger sizes.

Cheers,

Ben
Old 09-30-2003, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally posted by moreHP
I figure I would throw in my two cents in that I am 6'8" and weigh 245 lbs. And yes, climbing through my roll cage and into my Sparco's is a huge pain in arss. Anyway, I typically buy my jeans at the Levi's store off Union Square in SF. They do custom measurements and can order any size, in any combination of color, fabric, etc. You end up with jeans that fit really well, are plenty long enough and look cool. As for slacks, dress shirts and suits I typically shop at Nordstrom. They have a great selection of larger sizes and are happy to order something that is not in stock. If you are going big pimping Las Vegas style, Versace and Giorgio Armani (not Armani Exchange) typicailly carry larger sizes.

Cheers,

Ben
Dang 6'8. Remind me not to stand next to you.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
ok, well, everyone and their mother responded pretty much exactly like I was gonna....so I am going with a different format here....LOL

me:
6'4"
~185-195lbs (haven't stood on a scale lately.)

where do I shop? (most of the time)

Pac Sun
Zumies
Old Navy
Anchor Blue
Mr. Rags (like pac sun)

Macy's (Rarely)
Mervyn's (rarely)
+ a few others I cant think of right now

I wear 34x34 baggys...they fit great!

-Ted
Old 09-30-2003, 03:37 PM

Location: "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Car Info: Midnight Black WRX - Lots O Mods
Originally posted by GotBoost?
ok, well, everyone and their mother responded pretty much exactly like I was gonna....so I am going with a different format here....LOL

me:
6'4"
~185-195lbs (haven't stood on a scale lately.)

where do I shop? (most of the time)

Pac Sun
Zumies
Old Navy
Anchor Blue
Mr. Rags (like pac sun)

Macy's (Rarely)
Mervyn's (rarely)
+ a few others I cant think of right now

I wear 34x34 baggys...they fit great!

-Ted
Geez Ted, If you were a fish I would have to throw you back!

B
Old 09-30-2003, 04:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi

LMAO j/k

Quick Reply: OT: Tall guys - where do you shop?