OT: SWAT team in Sacramento on Sun night

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 09:50 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by ldivinag
FWIW, if the cops scratched your paint, dont forget to file a report with the city...

for sure... but to clarify, only their guns were on my roof rack (a bit ambiguous on my end). i have looked it over with a fine tooth comb
Old 06-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Zee

Car Info: 04 White Aspen WRX
Originally Posted by dub2w
Did anybody happen to see the police in full force on 8th and E St late Sunday night?

Here is the story...

Some dude kidnapped his gf. She escaped and called the cops. They came to arrest him and there was a stand-off. I was watching tv in the next duplex when it all went down.

I went outside after hearing their bullhorn and saw about 15 cops with their pistols drawn. They were right near me. I just about crapped my drawers.

So I look across the street and there is my freshly cleaned wagon... and two cops with their AR-15s perched on my roof!!! I thought, "Sweet, my car is going to look ghetto-tastic come the morning... bullet holes and all (who needs bullet stickers from Kragen???)"

Long story longer... the cops finally evicted us from our place. Perched down the street, we watched in fascination as they brought in the SWAT tank (or whatever the hell that thing is). It was crazy. A sargeant came up to us to give us the lowdown. With my car pinned between rifleman and the home under attack, i asked him if he could move my car for me. I showed him my cars and said, "Sir, this is your chance to drive the acclaimed WRX!!" He actually smiled and I thought that perhaps I had found another Subie owner! Finally got a ride home at 1.30 in the morning.

Never seen anything like that. Just thought I would share
Wow, thats nuts!
Old 06-04-2004, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
yeah, but i dont want to further blemish the name of Sacramento. things like this dont happen often (ok they do, but they dont happen all of the time)