OT: SWAT team in Sacramento on Sun night

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
OT: SWAT team in Sacramento on Sun night

Did anybody happen to see the police in full force on 8th and E St late Sunday night?

Here is the story...

Some dude kidnapped his gf. She escaped and called the cops. They came to arrest him and there was a stand-off. I was watching tv in the next duplex when it all went down.

I went outside after hearing their bullhorn and saw about 15 cops with their pistols drawn. They were right near me. I just about crapped my drawers.

So I look across the street and there is my freshly cleaned wagon... and two cops with their AR-15s perched on my roof!!! I thought, "Sweet, my car is going to look ghetto-tastic come the morning... bullet holes and all (who needs bullet stickers from Kragen???)"

Long story longer... the cops finally evicted us from our place. Perched down the street, we watched in fascination as they brought in the SWAT tank (or whatever the hell that thing is). It was crazy. A sargeant came up to us to give us the lowdown. With my car pinned between rifleman and the home under attack, i asked him if he could move my car for me. I showed him my cars and said, "Sir, this is your chance to drive the acclaimed WRX!!" He actually smiled and I thought that perhaps I had found another Subie owner! Finally got a ride home at 1.30 in the morning.

Never seen anything like that. Just thought I would share
Old 06-01-2004, 10:52 AM

btw, i am pretty sure those were AR-15s. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong
Old 06-01-2004, 10:55 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
madness...any scratches on your car?

I got in the middle of a drug bust in watsonville once...no swat tank though...that's just nutty. I pulled out on the road in the middle of a line of cop cars. talking like 15 of those mothers. Couple trucks. Van...then I saw them splitting off to surround this one block and I was like...what the hell...what did I get myself into. Thought they were coming to get me...LOL.

Saw the cops chase a guy down sitting in front of Bay St. coffee in fremont once. It was funny a hell. Across the parking lot I see this cop fly up and start talking to this dude. Red jump suit...then all of a sudden I see this dude take off clutching the side of his pants...from the size of what he was clutching he had either a lot of cash or a HUGE bag of bud on him. Cop jumps in his car. turn around. practically jumps the whole freakin road he was going so fast. They loose him. Next thing you know they block off the entire area with cop cars...they were everywhere. Then you see this beater car roll up and then out of the safeway parking lot and the cops just converge on this thing...guy was hiding in the back seat.....STUPID. I would have climbed on the roof or something and hid somewhere all damn night.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:56 AM

Car Info: 98 RS
probably MP-5s or fully auto version of the M-16 only with a folding stock?
Old 06-01-2004, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
madness...any scratches on your car?

Nope. I wish I had had my camera. That would have been a bad-a$$ avatar if I ever to get that point
Old 06-01-2004, 11:13 AM
General Pimpin'

not sure what our swat carries but the general weapons list very.

I know some police carry AR-15's but I think ours carry MP5's
I know these are in use.
Colt AR-15 9mm Carbine
Colt AR-15A2 Government Carbine
Colt AR-1513 Tactical
Colt SMG 9mm
Colt Commando (compact M16A2)
Colt Law Enforcement Carbine (M4)
Colt Match Target Comp. HBAR and HBAR II as well as the standart HBAR (noncomp)
Colt Accurized Rifle (basically a rapid fire sniper rifle)
Colt M4 Carbine (buttstock M16A2)

they also have some sweet shotguns like the Remington 870 an 1100 and the Mossberg 590
Old 06-01-2004, 11:28 AM

Army... def not MP-5s. I am all too familiar with that from my days playing CS

Oh, when I walked out of the house two guys with nickle-plated 9mms had their guns pointed at my mid-section

btw, nice breakdown on the weapons!!
Old 06-01-2004, 12:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by dub2w
Army... def not MP-5s. I am all too familiar with that from my days playing CS

Oh, when I walked out of the house two guys with nickle-plated 9mms had their guns pointed at my mid-section

btw, nice breakdown on the weapons!!
SWAT with nickle plated 9mm's? Was this a filming of Bad Boys 3 or real life? Nothing says "hey look at me i'm over here" more than anything nickle plated. Talk about flagging...

Speaking of flagging....
The weapons you saw weren't full auto and were most likely M4's because full size AR-15's "telegraph/flag" way too much and can cause the loss of lives. The M4's probably had semi and 3 round burst, CCO's (maybe) and Surefire Tac lights and the occasional "gangsta grip". There's no need for a CQB weapon to have auto of any kind let alone 3 round burst.

Just throwing that out FYI.

NM. you said they were on your roof top so i can imagine they were going vini vidi vici style

Last edited by Salty; 06-01-2004 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:50 PM

Salty... the regular cops had the nickle plated 9's. I couldnt see what the SWAT were carrying but they were rifles of one sort or another... definitely not 9s though.

I felt like I was on the set of a movie like that. It was surreal. Thankfully nobody was hurt during the whole ordeal.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
i wish i had a gun.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:53 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
I showed him my cars and said, "Sir, this is your chance to drive the acclaimed WRX!!"
HAHA, I can't believe you said that ****. LOL
Old 06-01-2004, 04:59 PM

i was delirious after standing outside for 3 hours.

the cop was cool though all things considered. he was the actual person trying to negotiate with the guy barracaded in his house. the funny thing is, i could tell he knew what a rex was... and that he wanted to drive it.

Last edited by dub2w; 06-01-2004 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:35 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

D

So I look across the street and there is my freshly cleaned wagon... and two cops with their AR-15s perched on my roof!!! I thought, "Sweet, my car is going to look ghetto-tastic come the morning... bullet holes and all (who needs bullet stickers from Kragen???)"
FWIW, if the cops scratched your paint, dont forget to file a report with the city...

a couple weeks ago, in fremont, middle of day on a tuesday, across the street from AMERICAN HS, there's a blockbuster.

as i'm pulling away from a mechanic's shop, i see a fremont PD car pull up onto curb. i though he was pulling over some kid on a bike...

as i continue to drive, i see 6 cops with handguns drawn out, in front of the blockbuster...

a few days later, i find out from another BB that they were robbed...

scary...

Last edited by ldivinag; 06-01-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:10 AM
General Pimpin'

that crap happened by me once. I used to work at this gas station off mission. It's gone now replaced by some joke of a station. Anyways. There is a bank there. Fremont bank. I had to get some money to go buy my sandwhich at lucky's so I walk over to the bank. As I walk pass the door this dude slams into me and takes off running. I was like WTF dude. Then I realized he had on a crazy red wig. I go get my sandwich. Come back out...sure nuff...place got robbed and was by a dude with a clown wig on. I was bummed cause I totally could have taken that guy. He had the fear of God in his eyes when he slammed off of me. I would have been a hero man.

Within a couple months almost every place in that little shopping center got nailed. Including the gas station. One of our guys got stabbed in the shoulder with a pen...crazy.

Quick Reply: OT: SWAT team in Sacramento on Sun night