OT: Listening to some ethnic cleansing BS

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 09:48 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Thumbs down OT: Listening to some ethnic cleansing BS

Im sorry, but I just gotta vent.

Last night I spoke to a guy who had been in Iraq for a long time. We talked about what it is like and the whole 9.

Somehow we started talking about how we can get our troops out of there. And that is when he started throwing out ideas about cleansing this world of Muslims who dont jive with US policies.

The way he sees things, if we killed all the Iraqi men like we should have, we wouldnt have any problem there. Once done, we could sweep the Arab world, exterminating Muslims from this planet.

It really bummed me out. We argued for a bit but to no avail. Sad thing man. The saddest part is he wasnt beligerent or being polemical (just wanting to argue).

Anyways, I am not trying to stir up crap. Just had to get this off my chest
Old 06-09-2004, 10:33 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Old 06-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Zee

Car Info: 04 White Aspen WRX
wow
Old 06-09-2004, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
plenty of dumbasses on this earth, glad to see that you meet one of them.

Im still a staunch supporter of an ignorance cleansing. haha
Old 06-09-2004, 10:44 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Welcome to reality. I was having a similar discussion with someone a few days ago about the only way you can successfully conquer a country. The example I used was, "how could China successfully invade and conquer the U.S.?" The only way it could be done would be by killing ALL of the men, including ME!!!!

As far as ethnic cleansing in Iraq, don't worry because the only people savage enough to do it are the different groups in Iraq itself, NOT us.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally Posted by dub2w
....if we killed all the Iraqi men like we should have, we wouldnt have any problem there. Once done, we could sweep the Arab world, exterminating Muslims from this planet.

It really bummed me out. We argued for a bit but to no avail. Sad thing man. The saddest part is he wasnt beligerent or being polemical (just wanting to argue)....
Sounds like Michael Savage....
Old 06-09-2004, 11:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Im sorry, but I just gotta vent.

Last night I spoke to a guy who had been in Iraq for a long time. We talked about what it is like and the whole 9.

Somehow we started talking about how we can get our troops out of there. And that is when he started throwing out ideas about cleansing this world of Muslims who dont jive with US policies.

The way he sees things, if we killed all the Iraqi men like we should have, we wouldnt have any problem there. Once done, we could sweep the Arab world, exterminating Muslims from this planet.

It really bummed me out. We argued for a bit but to no avail. Sad thing man. The saddest part is he wasnt beligerent or being polemical (just wanting to argue).
He's in the minorty man. I'm sure he really doesn't feel that way and is maybe pumping himself up for another deployment. This is normal if that's the case... this type of thinking tricks the mind and makes it easier to pull the trigger when needed. It gives you that edge when the **** hits the fan so there's little to no hesitation and/or error.

If he's out of the service then he has issues and is a complete moron.

Anyways, I am not trying to stir up crap. Just had to get this off my chest
Yes you are. deep down inside you wanted to stir the pot or else you wouldn't have mentioned he was in Iraq. You don't have to have that type of mentality to be a veteran so it's irrelavent...but i forgive you anyways

On a side note, i believe we do need to take extreme measures in these times, stop worrying about everyone's damn feelings and being so PC. I'm not saying get into enthnic cleansing because that's just idiotic. I do believe our country needs a big kick in the *** and needs to start profiling BIG TIME. We need to put a noose on the countries borders and question any suspicious immigrant and get him/her out of this country. There's a 1000 things our Govt. can do but doesn't based on fear of the reaction from the general public.

I once got searched in my class "A's" will all my decorations, papers, ID's etc. 3 times on my way home from NC. Once in Raliegh, once in DC, Once in Chicago. Meanwhile i see 3-4people that match a possible terrorists description (you know what i mean) and they don't get searched? Sorry to break this to you but i didn't see anyone in the sand box with pale white skin like myself holding an AK. It's a sad but true fact and the police have been profiling for years with better results than uncle sam's war on terrorism.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Rid the world of Croats!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Scott@S-Squared
funny you mentioned that. i said that the ideas he brought up sounded a bit like the bastard above. he then went into a short dialogue about how Hitler handled the disabled and mentally challenged well... by executing them to make room for families

the other thing that sucked is all these other people sat around and didnt say a word. pissed me off

Last edited by dub2w; 06-09-2004 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Salty

Yes you are. deep down inside you wanted to stir the pot or else you wouldn't have mentioned he was in Iraq. You don't have to have that type of mentality to be a veteran so it's irrelavent...but i forgive you anyways

Take it with a grain of salt, but it is the honest truth. This guy was a throw back to the days of lore. He was a modern day Genghis Khan, I kid you not. I should have included that as well.

And yes it does matter that he was fighting in the military. This guy is representing all of us here in the states.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:19 AM

The way he sees things, if we killed all the Iraqi men like we should have, we wouldnt have any problem there.
I don't know about the "should have" part but the rest is true.

Once done, we could sweep the Arab world, exterminating Muslims from this planet.
Assuming no major powers tried to stop us, it could be done. And it would solve a lot of problems.

The reason we don't do things like this is not because they wouldn't work, it's because we have morals, unlike terrorist muslim ****bags.

Talking about stuff is one thing, doing it is another. Don't judge a soldier by his ideas, judge him by his actions.

Last edited by FUNKED1; 06-09-2004 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Take it with a grain of salt, but it is the honest truth. This guy was a throw back to the days of lore. He was a modern day Genghis Khan, I kid you not. I should have included that as well.
Then this guy is a lunatic *******. It's just drivel in the end and he's probably some pogue deskworking cherry.

And yes it does matter that he was fighting in the military. This guy is representing all of us here in the states.

Yes he's a wacko but he hardly represents everyone in the states. I guess it's safe to say that ALL people are terrorists in Afghanistan because al qaeda represents them, right? And that ALL the enemy forces in Fallujah represent ALL Iraqi people so we should go ahead and kill everyone in that country, right? BTW, what do you did you expect? Do you think our soldiers are trained to give flowers to the enemy? Im sure this guy had a few screws loose before joining the military but you can't save them all and you certainly cannot claim he's the majority.

I still have a killer mentality, i'm not going to lie! If i had to kill someone for one reason or another in the next 5mintues i'd eat lunch directly after without 1 worry. Does this make me a bad person? Do you think im crazy enough to start ethnic cleansing?

My roomate was a bonafide satanist by record, talked about killing Arabs and at the same time used that mentality as an professional soldier in order to do his job effectively while caring for women and children. Think of it as a happy medium to overcome your original civilian train of thought. You'll get killed otherwise...
Old 06-09-2004, 11:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
I've said similar things before. Exploring ideas, no matter how offensive, is a very useful intellectual exercise because of the train of thought it promotes....watch:

A simple "solution" to the terrorist problem is to kill every muslim male >5 years old. Why is this a solution? Because they are brought up to hate and despise everything the West stands for. Why is this? Foreign policy? Our cultural imperialism? How can we fix these things...etc.etc...

I agree anyone who truly advocates this is nutso. But I also think that racial profiling with be crucial in dealing with the problem.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by mexicanpizza
I've said similar things before. Exploring ideas, no matter how offensive, is a very useful intellectual exercise because of the train of thought it promotes....watch:

A simple "solution" to the terrorist problem is to kill every muslim male >5 years old. Why is this a solution? Because they are brought up to hate and despise everything the West stands for. Why is this? Foreign policy? Our cultural imperialism? How can we fix these things...etc.etc...

I agree anyone who truly advocates this is nutso. But I also think that racial profiling with be crucial in dealing with the problem.
That is exactly what most Speech and Debate courses in college will make you do. That is, take the opposite side of what you really believe.

-Chris
Old 06-09-2004, 01:03 PM

All good points. I am well versed in the art of discourse. It is something that I love doing. And I agree, he may have been just thinking out loud or venting some anxiety in the open.

Usually I have pretty thick skin, but this kept me up all night. It brought the war home for the first time for me...

Quick Reply: OT: Listening to some ethnic cleansing BS