OT: Enzo death by barrier

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 12:12 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by HongKongBeef
On the news this morning they had a clip saying the crash might be a hoax. perhaps to promote the movie. I didn't see the full clip of it, i just heard the "cut to commercial" teaser.
That crash was way too lame to be a hoax. They could have done a much better wreck and wrote some better jokes for Eddie to tell the reporters. It only made a lot of noise when gearheads found out. But then again, any publicity is good publicity in Hollyweird.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:13 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX Limited
Originally Posted by drtofu
He should have let off the brake a little...the fronts looked locked up. Does that thing have ABS?
no this one has CLS (Cone Lock System)

Old 03-28-2007, 02:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by chimchimm5
Eh? The point is the course design did not need to have barriers SO CLOSE with no run off area. The point is not that the barriers shouldn't have been there at all, the point is the barriers should have been far enough away to allow more run off. ESPECIALLY when you're gonna have a hot head amateur driving a mega buck race car. I would have thought this point was obvious.

Hoax? I don't think so. Either Eddie is a really good driver who knows how to emulate a bad crash a lame driver would do (look at his car control); or he's just a lame driver.

Ockham's razor says he's just lame.
Course design? Here's some food for thought: If you hit stuff, you were going too fast for the conditions.

To someone else's point, if someone let me fly an F-16 for a day, I would familiarize myself with the device and possibly still explode. This is a car. Much like any other car in it's controls and basic functions yet it's probably one of the most finely honed road devices on the planet - super precise steering, amazing brakes that I doubt I could personally get to fade, lightning quick shifts, etc.

The driver of the car screwed up, period. Blaming it on a course design or the barrier being too close to the cones is silly and essentially just passing the buck. I assumed platypus was joking since I believe he actually has experience at closed-course events where it's your job, among other things, to not hit stuff.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
meh yeah and its also the parents responsibly to make sure there toddler doesn’t put his finger in the light socket or open a drawer full of knifes but using socket plugs and drawer locks helps prevent your child from getting injured

all im saying is this dude didn’t know jack swat about cars or driving fast so maybe the track should have been set up in a way that would have minimized danger and damage for the cars sake haha
Old 03-28-2007, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by zumnwrx
meh yeah and its also the parents responsibly to make sure there toddler doesn’t put his finger in the light socket or open a drawer full of knifes but using socket plugs and drawer locks helps prevent your child from getting injured

all im saying is this dude didn’t know jack swat about cars or driving fast so maybe the track should have been set up in a way that would have minimized danger and damage for the cars sake haha
This was a 38 year old man who had most likely driven a car before at least once. It's a faster car, but still - it's a car. Has a steering wheel, a pedal for the brakes, etc.

Toddlers need parents to protect them because they truly do not know any better and have not developed to the point yet where they could. Comparing a man crashing a car to a toddler sticking his finger in a light socket is sad and lame but quite frankly pretty inline with today's irrsponsible thinking.

If you build a better safeguard, all it takes is for someone to be an even better idiot. There is no end to that and it is not the solution. Either way, when you are in a 1 vehicle accident and you hit a stationary object - it's your fault. Pretty simple.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by zumnwrx

Crash or no crash.... that's a stupid place to put a cement wall at an autox style track.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
haha! i get yours point

my point is simply if that was my enzo i would treat it like my baby and safe guard it as the car knows no better haha and yes this is all VERY funny
Old 03-28-2007, 03:13 PM

tru dat!
Old 03-28-2007, 03:22 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Course design? Here's some food for thought: If you hit stuff, you were going too fast for the conditions.

To someone else's point, if someone let me fly an F-16 for a day, I would familiarize myself with the device and possibly still explode. This is a car. Much like any other car in it's controls and basic functions yet it's probably one of the most finely honed road devices on the planet - super precise steering, amazing brakes that I doubt I could personally get to fade, lightning quick shifts, etc.

The driver of the car screwed up, period. Blaming it on a course design or the barrier being too close to the cones is silly and essentially just passing the buck. I assumed platypus was joking since I believe he actually has experience at closed-course events where it's your job, among other things, to not hit stuff.
hey hey... you're making me look like I'm completely blaming the course design. I'm NOT... go reread all my posts.

But to spell it out:

#1st and foremost: eddie sucks at driving, as I said in most of my posts in this thread. (you can even see my comment about that in in the quote wombat quoted me on)

Originally Posted by chimchimm5
Eh? The point is the course design did not need to have barriers SO CLOSE with no run off area. The point is not that the barriers shouldn't have been there at all, the point is the barriers should have been far enough away to allow more run off. ESPECIALLY when you're gonna have a hot head amateur driving a mega buck race car. I would have thought this point was obvious.

Hoax? I don't think so. Either Eddie is a really good driver who knows how to emulate a bad crash a lame driver would do (look at his car control); or he's just a lame driver

Ockham's razor says he's just lame.
a distant #2nd: course design could have minimized damage by morons

Last edited by chimchimm5; 03-28-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:03 AM
sjt

Car Info: Seltos
Old 03-30-2007, 07:49 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRB Impreza WRX
Why didnt the fool BREAK
Old 03-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
You know, in 50 years all this C-list NTAC is going to be remembered for is destroying one ofthe greatest, rarest cars ever made.

Way to go douchebag.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:11 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by Arya
Why didnt the fool BREAK
yeah you could even hear him blip it expecting to power out of it. He was basically doing a wheely!

how much is he making for his movies? $500,000? so 3 movies will pay it off haha!
Old 03-30-2007, 09:17 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by platypus
wtf was a concrete barrier doing that close to the cones in the first place. looks like poor course design is the real villian here.
finally someone speaks the truth......
Old 03-31-2007, 09:26 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rau
finally someone speaks the truth......
Huh? But what about the guy who had a steering wheel and a brake pedal in his control?