OT: Dirty Roommates

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
OT: Dirty Roommates

how do you get your roommates to keep the house clean? tried talking to them,bitc_ing at them, nothing works!!!

one doesn't even lift the toilet seats, and they expect me to clean everything...

I don't mind cleaning if they can do their part and maintain it, but they can't even have the respect to do that!!!

moving out is not quite an option right now due to budget, and finding new roommate is def not an option because these guys are friends from HS.

to dirty azz roommates!!

Tommy
Old 11-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
you def. need to prank them persistently, tommah!
Old 11-25-2003, 10:33 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
mang that blows tommy...dirty roommates = teh suxor....its hard to get down on their ***** since they are high school friends and you are probably pretty tight with them, but maybe be more direct with them...be like "come on guys, clean up after yourselves, otherwise you'll find my shiot all up in your room." I'd suggest letting the bathroom get all disgusting and see what they do but that is ACCCCKKKKK....good luck tommy...

- daniel
Old 11-25-2003, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
the bathroom is all disgusting already... I don't even want to use it. I have to clean a bit every morning just to use it. Yea, people say guys are sloppy or what not, but I think theres a line that shouldn't be crossed. I like my bathroom spotless, I don't think thats too much to ask for...

T
Old 11-25-2003, 10:40 AM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
I had roommates like that before when I was in college. They would not clean up anything at all. Even left until the place was totally dirty, they still didn't help clean up.

I didn't want to be their maid, so I just got used to using the public bathroom at school (it was cleaner). You're only hope is to move since they are the majority.

I think some folks are just to used to mommy cleaning up after them!!!
Old 11-25-2003, 10:43 AM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
you guys ahave 2 bathrooms right? just tell them that they cant use one of them. make them use one and you use the other one. if it comes to this, just put a frikkin lock on it and dont give them the key. after they realize how dirty they are, hopefully they will start cleaning it. just a thought.

if that dosent work, just tell them that daniel will come over there and "step on their necks''
Old 11-25-2003, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Re: OT: Dirty Roommates

Originally posted by porkchop
how do you get your roommates to keep the house clean? tried talking to them,bitc_ing at them, nothing works!!!

one doesn't even lift the toilet seats, and they expect me to clean everything...

I don't mind cleaning if they can do their part and maintain it, but they can't even have the respect to do that!!!

moving out is not quite an option right now due to budget, and finding new roommate is def not an option because these guys are friends from HS.

to dirty azz roommates!!

Tommy

I know it sounds girly but post a calender and rotate places to clean.

have person 1 clean the bathroom on week 1, you the kitchen and each their own room. then rotate every week. **** all over the seats on the week you don't have the bathroom
Old 11-25-2003, 11:03 AM

Car Info: Black WRX, stock
I think when you're in the minority (i.e. the pigs outnumber you) you're out of luck. No matter what you do they won't feel obligated to comply.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:04 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Lightbulb

Hire a cleaning person to come in a couple times a month or find somewhere else to live, whichever is cheaper and/or more convenient.

I can tell you from my own personal experience that you can't change people. Some folks are just plain unsanitary.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by BlingBlingBlue
Hire a cleaning person to come in a couple times a month or find somewhere else to live, whichever is cheaper and/or more convenient.

I can tell you from my own personal experience that you can't change people. Some folks are just plain unsanitary.
cleaning person is probably your best bet. the only thing that will get people to do things is $$$. it may cost 20-30/rmmate/mo. but hey your place will be cleaner.

I lived in a place like this during college and it sucked.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02
I think one of my roommates has just never had to do anything his entire life, because his mother did everything. He never cleans anything, although his room is amazingly clean(from his girlfriend I suppose). He cooked spaghetti one night, and left for the weekend with the spahgetti sitting on the stove for the entire weekend, he's done this TWICE. My other roommate can't seem to keep things clean, but at least will clean if things get bad enough.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:01 PM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
start making them pay more for rent since you have to clean so much... ive had to do that in the past and it worked
Old 11-25-2003, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 04' JBP STi 02' WRB Wagon
Trick them into thinking they have leprosy a la Simpsons.

And um.......i get REALLY pissed and threaten to move out, then i'd break the lease and everyone would have to pay the break contract fee =P
Old 11-25-2003, 12:05 PM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
I moved out because of this reason. It got to the point that it actually was affecting my girlfriend's health. I feel for you Tommy. It's frustrating man. It was getting bad, so I bounced.

Quick Reply: OT: Dirty Roommates