OT: Anyone here like to shoot firearms?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Try a Glock 23 .40 cal. Guns are like cars- the more power, the more fun!
Old 03-13-2003, 10:15 PM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
I target shoot rifles...

also like my FNP90 airsoft gun i picked up on my last trip to Japan...

Old 03-13-2003, 10:30 PM

mmmmmm... machine guns!
Attached Thumbnails OT:  Anyone here like to shoot firearms?-matt50.jpg  
Old 03-13-2003, 10:38 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Small arms rock. I am a big fan of firearms! NRA BABE...How many of you have fired a Browning .50 cal, or a 25mm with DU rounds?

How about a 5" 54 Caliber gun? Or an SM2 Missile?

I have fired them all!
Old 03-13-2003, 10:45 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by BADWRX
Small arms rock. I am a big fan of firearms! NRA BABE...How many of you have fired a Browning .50 cal, or a 25mm with DU rounds?

I have fired them all!
LOL

I love Shotgun shooting.

-Gagan
Old 03-13-2003, 10:55 PM

Originally posted by BADWRX

I have fired them all!
Lessee... countless 5.52mm rounds... a few hundred M9 rounds... one box of M2 .50 cal rounds... 2 live grenades...10 120mm M1 tank rounds, 5 each of kinetic and HE rounds...and one stinger missile as a reward for being top qualifier in basic, that was SUHWEET!
Old 03-13-2003, 10:58 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Re: OT: Anyone here like to shoot firearms?

Originally posted by Akane'sRex
Hello everyone!

Back home, my friends who like fast cars also like to shoot guns, but in Japan guns are not allowed. We shoot model guns (airsoft).

When I moved here, Broken Arrow and his wife showed me to use a handgun (Glock 19 - 9mm). I became addicted! I use a Glock for my protection and for fun.

Who likes guns here?

Girl, with a gun.....

(note to self: do NOT make a joke about females around Akane)

-Gagan
Old 03-13-2003, 11:00 PM

The only thing better than a girl who likes guns is a girl who likes Subarus... now, a girl who likes both, well, that's marriage material there.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
i shoot both airsoft and firearms.

airsoft collection: mp5k, and xm177..adding M4A2 soon

firearms: none, but practiced on my friend's glock numerous times, also shot my friend's AR15 a few times at the range

I posted about airsoft game a few weeks ago but noone seems to have the interest playing.. oh well..maybe next time
Old 03-13-2003, 11:41 PM

i didnt see your airsoft post... i woulda played..
Old 03-14-2003, 12:20 AM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Originally posted by Keisatsu
I target shoot rifles...

also like my FNP90 airsoft gun i picked up on my last trip to Japan...

Hey wait a sec, thats the prop gun from Stargate SG-1!

I'd like to try it out sometime

BTW, I have no idea what "airsoft" is... But I just want to see that thing in person
Old 03-14-2003, 12:28 AM

no its a replica of a real gun manufactured by the same company that makes the ever populare FN FAL...

http://remtek.com/arms/fn/p90/data/concept.htm

mine just shoots little plastic pellets at approx. 265 fps (feet per second) but that freakin stings when you get hit!!!

oh and its fully automatic too, firing at a cyclic rate of i think 900 rpm ;D

oh the havoc that i brought to my highschool dorm!!!

I ripped this off of...http://www.airsoftus.com/

Airsoft has a relatively long history. Designed and marketed in the United States about 30 years ago by a major BB gun manufacturer. AirSoft was conceptualized as a new approach in BB gun application. In place of the utilitarian air gun designed for hunting, the AirSoft BB gun was created with a pure recreational application in mind. It was created for people who enjoy target practicing or indoor plinking with friends. Individuals who are not concerned about the high power hunting application of a BB or pellet gun but just wanted to have Fun. This is exactly where AirSoft BB guns fit in.

The design of the AirSoft BB gun centers on a unique propulsion system utilizing a small amount of air to accurately shoot lightweight plastic BB pellets. This design philosophy resulted in a BB gun, which generates a much less damaging projectile that is still accurate enough to be FUN. As the AirSoft product matured, manufacturers added another feature, which drew hobbyist and collectors alike to AirSoft. By modeling AirSoft BB guns after world famous pistols and rifles, an entire line of Replica AirSoft products were created. This created a huge splash not only here in the United States, but it also brought this hobby to the rest of the world. Italy, Japan and many Asian countries caught the craze and took the development of AirSoft to new heights.

Over several generations of development and constant improvement, AirSoft BB guns are now returning to the United States with newer and better designs. The highly matured plastic polymer technology industry in Asia has created a new generation of AirSoft BB guns with amazing durability and detail. Adding to its hobby collector market, the new AirSoft BB guns have created new uses in firearm safety training, movie productions, replica collecting, and recreational sport. Partly due to our history, the attraction and availability to firearms and its associated shooting sports run deep in the United States. AirSoft guns offer a potential alternative for the hobbyist, collector, and shooter. The combination of realism, safety, flexibility, and low cost makes AirSoft more appealing to the average consumer who would like to exercise his or her steady eye/hand coordination without the inherent dangers. (Safety glasses must still be worn for protection)

The U.S. Government have approved and specified regulations applicable to AirSoft BB guns. The blaze orange marking is a federal requirement: all reputable AirSoft manufacturers and dealers must be in compliance with this ruling for legal use. All AirSoft products, foreign or domestic, must meet this regulation. (Removal of the tip will also void all Warrantys and Refunds)

Last edited by Keisatsu; 03-14-2003 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:41 AM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Still, it is the same design

I remember the old cap guns in the 80's that were super detailed and you couldnt tell them apart from a real gun until you looked down the barrell that didnt exist I miss those things...
Old 03-14-2003, 12:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
Originally posted by Keisatsu
i didnt see your airsoft post... i woulda played..
hey cool, i will PM you next time when my buddies setup another game! we also play in santa cruz sometimes..lol

Quick Reply: OT: Anyone here like to shoot firearms?