One of my Gunatic members got jumped last night while riding his bike.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 10:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by pbchief2
Nice to see, here at i-club we dont hate on people that defend themselves

seriously. it seems like up here in the north bay if you get jumped and defend yourself and hurt someone really bad, you're no longer the victim. even if you were defending your life. i hate that crap. where is the logic in it.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:03 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Originally Posted by crazy_sherm
Is crime really lower in states that allow CCW?
Or you could go the other way and check crime rates for someplace like Washington DC where handguns arebanned altogether. Making things legal or not doesn't matter to a CRIMINAL. It only matters to law abiding citizens.

Glad to see the guy was able to protect himself when he was outnumbered. +1 for the good guys
Old 04-20-2006, 12:18 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi, 1999 Forester L
My only comment is in Switzerland pretty much every citizen has a high powered assault rifle in their closet and the training to properly use it (manditory military service). Take a look at crime figures for the country.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:59 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
True

Originally Posted by c32c7
EXACTLY! An armed society is a polite society.

Just look at Sweeden (I think it's Sweeden where everyone is required to own a gun). Very peaceful place.

Ooops,...someone beat me to it...and it's Switzerland (spelling?).
Old 04-20-2006, 05:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
^^ Umm, it's S w e d e n. Damn educational system..

Originally Posted by c32c7
An armed society is a polite society.
Yes, like fences make good neighbors. And sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident. I too believe that we would all be better served by being allowed to be more responsible for our own protection.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:42 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by gilmore25
Glad he didn't get hurt... Just imagine if the other ppl were packing also

I love comments like this.
"What if this...What if that...???"

Luckily we'll never know what would've/could've happened if the perps were armed.
However, if they were, I'd still place my bet on the good guy, as he probably has had more training & practice in fire arms.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
What happened to times with bruce was carrying a gigantic bolt with him at all times... Now he needs guns...
Old 04-21-2006, 04:17 PM

Car Info: WRX STi
Originally Posted by brucelee
http://www.gunatics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5544#5544

Pretty damn crazy. This is the reason I want a CCW permit!!!
Is it wise to give a CCW permit to someone who walks around in an offensive Mohammed T-shirt looking for trouble????
Old 04-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
i am not into guns at all... but I do know this...

permit does not restrict bad guys from getting a gun. permit only restrict people that obey the law. unless I am crazy, I believe people that obey the law are generally the 'good guys'.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:52 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Originally Posted by mudman
Is it wise to give a CCW permit to someone who walks around in an offensive Mohammed T-shirt looking for trouble????
What if he has on a Hitler shirt? Why bring that into it?

If someone is looking for trouble and won't stop until they find it, there is going to be trouble.

In states like Arizona where it's legal to carry a firearm in plain view in most public places, their crime rate is still pretty high. But when you go to Sweden, what happens? It's all about the education and ethics of the people.

It goes back to what I said before: If someone is in the mood to start some fire, they'll probably start some fire, regardless of anything.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:59 PM

Car Info: WRX STi
The reason I mention the T-shirt is because it was worn to deliberately upset certain people. I thought it was funny, but muslims may not, therefore forcing Daniel to defend himself with a gun.

CCW permits and guns in general are not for people who have the attitude that deliberately winding people up is funny.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:21 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by mudman
The reason I mention the T-shirt is because it was worn to deliberately upset certain people. I thought it was funny, but muslims may not, therefore forcing Daniel to defend himself with a gun.

CCW permits and guns in general are not for people who have the attitude that deliberately winding people up is funny.

the thing with a CCW is that it is meant as a last resort option.

of course wielding that kind of "power" comes the responsibility.

imagine all the world of trouble you can get into.

but lets take you example.

person A wears an offending t-shirt. person B take offense to the shirt. now the game has changed.

does it really matter if A has a CCW or not? if B starts to threaten A with death or possibly loss of limb, then law in kalifonia says, if A has no other options (like getting the heck out of there), then deadly force can be used.

another example, sexy hot female wearing short skirt. is she inviting a gang of hoodlums to attack her? she is surrounded by said hoodlums and threatened. she has no where to go. she is forced into a dark alley. fortunately, she has a CCW and a sig 239 has her licensed firearm in her purse.

now take another situation, say person C. hot headed, yet acquires a CCW for some weird reason. now, C likes to get drunk and starts to "flash" his firearm. by law, he has commited a crime.

in all 3 cases, the first two are in within the laws. last case, i hope the person looses their licence and goes to jail...