Omg, worst news ever!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 2005 forester
Just did it twice!!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx
I do excepts that I don't wish to visit calguns on my work comp. I have my reasons....

Anyone wish to inform me on what the threads are about???? =)
Old 09-23-2009, 12:42 PM

Car Info: 2007 Subaru Impreza
honestly i would feel safer in iraq then i do in California...what the **** has it clicked to anyone yet that a bunch of ****n morons voted a movie actor to be our governor? holly hell to top it all off i strongly believe that ARNOLD has no clue wth he is doing he is just doing/saying what they tell him to.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
you can still buy all the handguns you want, its just your limited to 50rounds of HANDGUN ammo per month. no online can get shipped directly to your house but to a FFL dealer, finger print and everything when you buy it as well. and i agree with Leo that none of you guys go on calguns as this was since the 11th of the month i believe.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Impreza916
honestly i would feel safer in iraq then i do in California...what the **** has it clicked to anyone yet that a bunch of ****n morons voted a movie actor to be our governor? holly hell to top it all off i strongly believe that ARNOLD has no clue wth he is doing he is just doing/saying what they tell him to.
he did say he was going to veto all bills that doesn't balance the budget. so hopefully he will veto it
Old 09-23-2009, 12:54 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brucelee
if this passes as a ca law, you will not be able to find handgun ammo anywhere. your only choice will be to go out of state to buy friggin ammo! I'm so god damn pissed that this could even be real! I guess this just means that more rifles will be used as opposed to pistols in crimes, which is like 50x worse... If you've never seen what a rifle round does to someone compared to a pistol round, well, let me just tell you that it's worse then bad. Don't even get me started on shotguns! You can make a shotgun into the size of a pistol and have it be like 100x more devistating then a 9mm pistol round... As always, these laws don't make sense at all. Why just ban pistol ammo?
fud
Old 09-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I thought this was about Jessica Simpson's dog. Poor doggy was snatched by coyotes right in front of her. haha
Old 09-23-2009, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by kspek
fud
While it may have been a bit of an overstatement, I don't think it was entirely baseless. Handgun ammo (hell, any ammo really) is hard to find right now - go to your local Walmart, Big 5, etc. and tell me what you see on the shelves - I'll bet it's nothing more than a few obscure boxes of .22 short.

What do you think will happen when (1) we can no longer purchase ammo out-of-state or online, (2) storing ammo for vendors becomes more burdensome/expensive, and (3) the process of actually selling the ammo becomes more difficult/burdensome/expensive for vendors? I can tell you right now that the answer is not "ammo becomes more readily available." Ammo is damn near impossible to find right now, online or otherwise (and don't even get me started on the prices) - "will not be able to find handgun ammo anywhere" doesn't seem too far off from what is likely to happen if AB962 passes.
________
Handjob tubes

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:21 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by rau
I'm pretty sure there is much worse news in the world than this.......
No, there is not...this is THE story right now, we are talking about a government (CA) taking our second amendment rights and stomping on them. I can't think of a single thing more important than our rights.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:23 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Originally Posted by rau
Actually I do. there are just more pressing things more important to me right now than some ammo situation.
I disagree, I think ALL RIGHTS are important, not some over others.

I voted and I'm writing a letter.

In a tarnished economy, this could be the final nail in the coffin for small businesses that can't afford all of those new requirements. Prices will go up for the end consumer, sales will go down, less will be bought and therefore manufactured and everyone will switch to rifle rounds.

Can you imagine what will happen when thugs can only get rifle rounds? This means that when they do drivebys, or shoot eachother, not only will they hit what they're aiming at (which probably wont even happen because they're retards) but those rounds often wont stop with that target. The rounds are more powerful and thus will go THROUGH people and into multiple houses behind them. This will mean more innocent bystanders will die.

Last edited by code3suby; 09-23-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:25 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Yea, to me this is against the 2nd amendment, anything that pertains to touching anything with our weapons should be unconstitutional. I dont know how legislature thinks its ok to tamper with an amendment, or try to go around it and limit this stuff.

There is a reason why this is the 2nd amendment.

I remember a story that was told right after the men signed the constitution, a lady ran up to Thomas Jefferson and asked, "What did you give us?" Thomas Jefferson replied, "A free country, if you can keep it"

I still think everyday, the radicals are pushing us away from the basic words of our countries creation.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kyoung05
While it may have been a bit of an overstatement, I don't think it was entirely baseless. Handgun ammo (hell, any ammo really) is hard to find right now - go to your local Walmart, Big 5, etc. and tell me what you see on the shelves - I'll bet it's nothing more than a few obscure boxes of .22 short.
if people can only buy 50 rounds a month there will be plenty of ammo to go around.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:32 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kyoung05
"As of 11.45 AM, Mountain View has at least 50 boxes of Federal 9mm. 50 rds @ $9.47 and around 100 boxes of 50 rnd .40 @ $13.97. "

"Milpitas still has 223 w/ few choices... They also have some 40s&w about 60 boxes... Clerk says they have been there since last night."

"17:08 auburn blvd c.h.: 2 boxes umc .25acp, 2 boxes fed match .22, 1 box ww .357 sig, & 4 boxes umc .223 (20 count)... "

"Elk Grove Walmart had at least 10 boxes of 308 "

need i to continue?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by kspek
if people can only buy 50 rounds a month there will be plenty of ammo to go around.
First of all, the provision was a ban on the transfer of more than 50 rounds of handgun ammo between private persons, not between a commercial vendor and a private consumer. Secondly, that provision was deleted in 9/4/09. So no, there won't be "plenty" to go around. In fact, there is hardly any to "go around" even without the passage of this stupid bill.
________
Voyeur office

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:36 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi
[QUOTE=Impreza916;2724317]honestly i would feel safer in iraq then i do in California...QUOTE]

That's a bit over the top no? I think anyone whos served there will agree.

Quick Reply: Omg, worst news ever!!! :(