Omg, worst news ever!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 10:25 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
The comparing of a gun to a car or any other in-animate object does not lend any credibility, whatsoever, to the argument unless you are speaking to an equally ignorant and naive audience.
I'll take a shot at this...pun intended.

The anti gun types have used the arguement of "Do it for the children" when wanting to restrict legal fire arm ownership.
When a story is written about an "accidental discharge" the phrase "...and then the gun discharged." is almost always used.
This causes the uninformed/ignorant reader to believe that guns are an animated object, capable of going off for no reason.

Guns only fire when the trigger is pulled.
And that's where the human comes into play.

Now look at how many children die per year due to automobiles.

If the gov't really cared about the lives of children, it would ban children riding in cars.

Last edited by FW Motorsports; 10-12-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by kyoung05
Well, if AB962 has the effect that many of us fear it will have, this may be all that they need. There is a severe ammo shortage here in CA (well, at least in the Bay Area).
Hmm.. Isn't it more of a "distribution" problem than a shortage?

Originally Posted by kyoung05
Not only is it extremely difficult to find, but expensive as hell when you do (supply/demand, obviously). The only somewhat-readily-available source of ammo for many of us has been internet sales (and even then, many online vendors are out of most of the popular handgun calibers, i.e. 9mm, 45acp, .357 magnum, etc). So, without internet sales, we'll be back to having to scrounge up what we can from brick and mortar stores. The problem is, with these heightened requirements, vendors will have to raise their prices because it costs them more to comply with those requirements, or, they'll simply choose not to carry handgun ammunition because it is too burdensome. Without ammo, we'll be effectively disarmed (with respect to handguns, for now at least). All the while, criminals will continue to steal, import, buy or otherwise secure ammo in illegal ways (they are criminals, after all) and we'll actually be LESS safe than before.
Time will tell as always. Seems like if this is really the case we will start to see people G'ingTFO.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by ryball
There is going to be a ****load of internet sales up until feb 2011
Well, we have to hope that the internet vendors are still going to be selling to us in CA. Cabelas has apparently already stopped selling to CA - who knows who's next?

FYI, CA has also already made it harder for out-of-state firearms vendors (FFL's) to sell firearms to us in CA, so many of the out-of-state FFL's (i.e. on Gunbroker) are completely unwilling to sell ANYTHING to us here in CA, including PARTS for guns (let alone firearms that are on the CA DOJ list).
________
Oregon Dispensary

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
What a sad, sad day...
Old 10-12-2009, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I'll take a shot at this...pun intended.

The anti gun types have used the arguement of "Do it for the children" when wanting to restrict legal fire arm ownership.
When a story is written about an "accidental discharge" the phrase "...and then the gun discharged." is almost always used.
This causes the uninformed/ignorant reader to believe that guns are an animated object, capable of going off for no reason.

Guns only fire when the trigger is pulled.
And that's where the human comes into play.

Now look at how many children die per year due to automobiles.

If the gov't really cared about the lives of children, it would ban children riding in cars.
I see your point and I have severe distaste for BS like that. It makes my blood boil when I read crap like that, moreso when I hear people discussing and parroting the terminology. The only thing worse than the people that do that are the people that believe it.

I still do not think that the comparison lends any credibility to the argument, even though now I have a clearer understanding as to why it is used. Thanks for that.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:48 AM

Car Info: .
2011? I'll be gone by then for sure.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
I'm totally done with this state - born and raised here - went to a school called California - I'm out! and I'm taking my huge tax revenue on to another state that lets me live my life more freely
Old 10-12-2009, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
time to stock pile more ammo
Old 10-12-2009, 12:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by herrjr
I'm totally done with this state - born and raised here - went to a school called California - I'm out! and I'm taking my huge tax revenue on to another state that lets me live my life more freely
It's so hard for me to want to move away. Even with all the PRK crap we put up with. All my family is here. I love the weather. bleh...
Old 10-12-2009, 09:46 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Bwahahahaaaa, it got signed into law. Angry gun owners , your choices are :

1) Move outta California if you don't like it.

2) Take a long suck off the barrel tip of your favorite firearm whilst sneezing.

3) Challenge the Governor AND State Legislature in court to get AB962 overturned.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by STiForFun

2) Take a long suck off the barrel tip of your favorite firearm whilst sneezing.

3) Challenge the Governor AND State Legislature in court to get AB962 overturned.
Already working on option 3.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=230676
________
Masturbation Video

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:04 PM
mda

Car Info: ?

That was the dumbest thing I've seen written in the BAIC, in quite some time.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by mda
That was the dumbest thing I've seen written in the BAIC, in quite some time.
why so surprised? this supposedly great state has tons of morons - look at the elected officials running it - they represent "the people" - if they act stupidly, then "the people" are stupid - **** all these CA yahoos
Old 10-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Lucky for me I have a lot of out-of-state friends in states like Nevada, Montana, and Iowa, all which are SUPER gun friendly so I can always have my friends send me ammo... I feel bad for folks who don't have that option.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:59 AM

Car Info: .

Hey look, a liberal ****tard.

Quick Reply: Omg, worst news ever!!! :(