Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Omg, worst news ever!!! :(

To: Cabela's California Customers
Subject: California Assembly Bill 962
Date: Sept. 22, 2009

We are writing to inform you of pending legislation that will restrict purchases of handgun ammunition in California and will terminate our ability to service your needs for certain products.

On Friday, Sept. 11, the California Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962, by a 44-31 vote.

Among other regulations, AB 962 would:
• Ban all mail-order and Internet sales of handgun ammunition.
• Prohibit the retail sale, the offer for sale or the display of handgun ammunition in a
manner that allows ammunition to be accessible to a purchaser without assistance of a
vendor or employee.
• Require that the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun ammunition occur in a
face-to-face transaction, with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide
evidence of identity of the purchaser or other transferee.

That evidence of identity, which must be legibly recorded at the time of delivery, includes:
• The right thumbprint of the purchaser or transferee.
• The date of the sale or other transaction.
• The purchaser's or transferee's driver's license or other identification number and the
state in which it was issued.
• The brand, type and amount of ammunition sold or otherwise transferred.
• The purchaser's or transferee's signature.
• The name of the salesperson who processed the sale or other transaction.
• The purchaser's or transferee's full residential address and telephone number.
• The purchaser's or transferee's date of birth.

The bill is on the desk of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, where it awaits his consideration. He will have until Oct. 11 to sign or veto the bill. If he does not veto the bill, it will become law.

If you wish to comment on AB 962, you may contact Gov. Schwarzenegger by phone at (916) 445-2841, or via fax at (916) 558-3160. To e-mail Gov. Schwarzenegger, visit
http://gov.ca.gov/interact

We encourage all Cabela's customers who participate in the shooting sports to contact Gov. Schwarzenegger to voice their opposition to this initiative, which will limit your opportunities to shop with Cabela's, and will restrict the sale of handgun ammunition everywhere in California.

If this passes as a CA law, you will NOT be able to find handgun ammo ANYWHERE. Your only choice will be to go out of state to buy friggin AMMO! I'm so god damn pissed that this could even be real! I guess this just means that more rifles will be used as opposed to pistols in crimes, which is like 50x worse... If you've never seen what a rifle round does to someone compared to a pistol round, well, let me just tell you that it's worse then bad. Don't even get me started on shotguns! You can make a shotgun into the size of a pistol and have it be like 100x more devistating then a 9mm pistol round... As always, these laws don't make sense at all. Why just ban pistol ammo?

Regardless, this SUCKS for us and I can foresee ammo costs being like 1000x more expensive at stores because they will have the market by its *****!

Please write to the governor and tell him how you feel about this unconstitutional POS law!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:16 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
I'm pretty sure there is much worse news in the world than this.......
Old 09-23-2009, 11:17 AM

Please call to urge the Governor to veto this piece of crap. Here's a simplified process I pulled from CalGuns

TELL THE GOVERNOR TO VETO AB962 - Ammunition Restriction Bill
Step 1: 916-445-2841
Step 2: Press 1 for English.
Step 3: Press 2 for commenting on a bill on the Governor?s desk
Step 4: Press 2 for AB962
Step 5: Press 2 for Oppose
Step 6: Repeat as necessary (preferably once or twice a day).
________
Uploading Starcraft Replays

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by rau
Unless there's some legislation about castrating all men at birth, I doubt it....
________
Free vaporizer

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:18 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Better buy that ammo and guns now...

I don't understand why they are putting LAWS on guns? Don't the badguys have guns anyways? Putting laws is only going to impede the innocent and charge us more for wanting to defend ourselves.

With the idea of 43k inmates released in the next 2 years, don't you think more citizens would be packin' to protect themselves from all the dudes who were let loose? What the hell is California thinking, god damn our stupid legislature.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Better buy that ammo and guns now...

I don't understand why they are putting LAWS on guns? Don't the badguys have guns anyways? Putting laws is only going to impede the innocent and charge us more for wanting to defend ourselves.

With the idea of 43k inmates released in the next 2 years, don't you think more citizens would be packin' to protect themselves from all the dudes who were let loose? What the hell is California thinking, god damn our stupid legislature.
Why? Because CA is run by retards, that's why.
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:27 AM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx
Originally Posted by brucelee
To: Cabela's California Customers
Subject: California Assembly Bill 962
Date: Sept. 22, 2009

We are writing to inform you of pending legislation that will restrict purchases of handgun ammunition in California and will terminate our ability to service your needs for certain products.

On Friday, Sept. 11, the California Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962, by a 44-31 vote.

Among other regulations, AB 962 would:
• Ban all mail-order and Internet sales of handgun ammunition.
Prohibit the retail sale, the offer for sale or the display of handgun ammunition in a
manner that allows ammunition to be accessible to a purchaser without assistance of a
vendor or employee.

• Require that the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun ammunition occur in a
face-to-face transaction, with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide
evidence of identity of the purchaser or other transferee.

That evidence of identity, which must be legibly recorded at the time of delivery, includes:
• The right thumbprint of the purchaser or transferee.
• The date of the sale or other transaction.
• The purchaser's or transferee's driver's license or other identification number and the
state in which it was issued.
• The brand, type and amount of ammunition sold or otherwise transferred.
• The purchaser's or transferee's signature.
• The name of the salesperson who processed the sale or other transaction.
• The purchaser's or transferee's full residential address and telephone number.
• The purchaser's or transferee's date of birth.

The bill is on the desk of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, where it awaits his consideration. He will have until Oct. 11 to sign or veto the bill. If he does not veto the bill, it will become law.

If you wish to comment on AB 962, you may contact Gov. Schwarzenegger by phone at (916) 445-2841, or via fax at (916) 558-3160. To e-mail Gov. Schwarzenegger, visit
http://gov.ca.gov/interact

We encourage all Cabela's customers who participate in the shooting sports to contact Gov. Schwarzenegger to voice their opposition to this initiative, which will limit your opportunities to shop with Cabela's, and will restrict the sale of handgun ammunition everywhere in California.

If this passes as a CA law, you will NOT be able to find handgun ammo ANYWHERE. Your only choice will be to go out of state to buy friggin AMMO! I'm so god damn pissed that this could even be real! I guess this just means that more rifles will be used as opposed to pistols in crimes, which is like 50x worse... If you've never seen what a rifle round does to someone compared to a pistol round, well, let me just tell you that it's worse then bad. Don't even get me started on shotguns! You can make a shotgun into the size of a pistol and have it be like 100x more devistating then a 9mm pistol round... As always, these laws don't make sense at all. Why just ban pistol ammo?

Regardless, this SUCKS for us and I can foresee ammo costs being like 1000x more expensive at stores because they will have the market by its *****!

Please write to the governor and tell him how you feel about this unconstitutional POS law!

Maybe i'm confunsed or just read the whole thing in a hurry.. but can't you still purchase handgun ammo at the range or gun shop if it's behind the counter er something like that!? Just wanna clear things up before I go into panic mode!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by kyoung05
Please call to urge the Governor to veto this piece of crap. Here's a simplified process I pulled from CalGuns
Done
Old 09-23-2009, 11:32 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by rau
Clearly, you do not cherrish you freedom and/or liberty.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:09 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Ammo prices = through the roof.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:10 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

clearly non of you visit www.calguns.net...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=224328

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=222809
Old 09-23-2009, 12:11 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
BTW isn't there a scarcity of ammo already? I recall hearsay that 9 and 45 rounds were difficult to get...
Old 09-23-2009, 12:12 PM

Car Info: 1988 Yoda
Originally Posted by kyoung05
lines busy...
Old 09-23-2009, 12:13 PM

Yep, we need that AMMO to keep out STATE PARKS open. **** this ****bag government. I hope Arnold dies a slow painful death.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:23 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Clearly, you do not cherrish you freedom and/or liberty.
Actually I do. there are just more pressing things more important to me right now than some ammo situation.

Quick Reply: Omg, worst news ever!!! :(