OMA Powder update for the weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 09:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
OMA Powder update for the weekend.

So here is the deal from Kirkwood/Bear Valley.

Last 2 days 4-6 inches.
Today 1 inch and snowing currently. another 1-3 expected
Tonight off and on snow.
wed 8-12 inches expected. up to 20 inches over 7000 feet

Thursday/friday. Brisk with clouds and times of moderate snow.
Nights with on off snow

Sat-Monday pretty much the same. 30's during the day. teens to low 20's at night.

Basically looking like the next 10 days are gonna be ripping snow.

I will be at Bear Valley Thursday and Friday. If I am not deathly ill I may hit up Sugarbowl Sunday.

Who's going up Thursday/Friday? Drop me a pm and I may have a place for you to crash wed/thursday/friday nights in arnold.

Otherwise...just come ride with me. From the sounds of it we'll spend about 2/3rds the day riding the mountain. and the other 1/3rd riding the softbounds/ob of the back into town. Want to learn some runs come ride with me. Very little hiking depending on which side we run.

So that's the forcast from me to you.
It's time folks.....eat it up while the resorts are open cause it looks like another copy of last year. We'll be getting great snow even after the resorts close.

oh...and my radar reading show this is gonna carry well into next week. And for you travelers....UTAH and CO are getting hammered from the looks of it.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I went to Sierra this past Sat and it was nice. Snowing just about all day. Fresh powder in the trees. It was beautiful. I was debating going up this weekend because I have 2 tests next week. But with all this coming, I think I need to go up. Maybe take the day off Friday and go up. Hit up Kirkwood and tear up some powder.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:57 AM

Car Info: GDA
i was up at kirkwood last week...man, those were awesome ski conditions! the pow wasn't too fluffy where you sink in kneedeep if you stop. the trail runs were about right, with light snowfall so that the groomed trails weren't slushy/hard/icy after lunch. best of all, the board park wasn't crowded at all....yup, no lines and if you bail landing those big air grabs, your embarassment is limited to only a few onlookers. LOL.

OMA...you're not gonna be at bear on saturday? i was thinking of heading that way this weekend.

db
Old 02-24-2004, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Yea the powder was nice. Sticky. I was heaving huge snowballs at my friends.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:48 AM
General Pimpin'

If it was up to me I'd ride from Thursday-Sunday every day.

But my brother has to work on Sat. There is a slim chance if conditions are ripping and we feel we need it we'll hit up Sat morning.

But from the looks of it we'll be driving up super late on wed. Like arriving in arnold around 1-2am.

Riding thurs/friday. Taking off sat. morning.

i may try and tag along if anyone makes a Sunday day trip anywhere. But I'm pretty sick so I may need Sat/Sunday to rest of for next weeks work week. Cause I know that the sickness isn't gonna go away.....I'm not so smart when it comes to that stuff.......I was sick as hell thursday through the weekend....fat fever and all. My stupid butt when and played a round of golf on Sat in the rain. Hopefully my girl won't read this or I'm in deep trouble...haaaa.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:02 PM

Car Info: GDA
that's too bad...maybe i'll head to dodge ridge instead then.

a round of golf in the rain....you have the right priorities! neither sickness nor rain should keep a man from his game.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:35 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX
Northstar was nice last Sunday, lots of powder. It was lightly snowing all day.
Wish i could stay another day but I'm out of sick time for this season. Suxors, well there's always next weekend.

wrxdude
Old 02-24-2004, 02:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally posted by doughboy
that's too bad...maybe i'll head to dodge ridge instead then.

a round of golf in the rain....you have the right priorities! neither sickness nor rain should keep a man from his game.
yeah and my brothers got a good laugh when I fell on my ****> had brown dickies on and it looked like I had some serious runs. haaa. That was an interesting explaination to my woman. Funny thing is that happen on the 10th whole after my drive.....the back nine I played like 6 over. The front I was like 15 over.....so falling and getting pissed and then laughing my butt off improved my game...haaaaa.