Quad rail Troy handguard w/ handle
No Name BUIS.
Includes Bolt & charging handle.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:52 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
^^^ how much? whats the round count?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:09 PM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
Sweet, was just looking around for some AR info since I just picked up a kaiser lower for dirt cheap. Just getting into the whole AR thing there sure is a whole bunch of stuff out there.. Kinda lost at the moment. Should be a fun learning process.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by ssteve
Sweet, was just looking around for some AR info since I just picked up a kaiser lower for dirt cheap. Just getting into the whole AR thing there sure is a whole bunch of stuff out there.. Kinda lost at the moment. Should be a fun learning process.
cool! Kaiser Defense lowers are made in San Diego
Old 11-17-2009, 09:05 AM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
yep yep. I got it so cheap Im considering grabbing another just to have.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:11 AM

Car Info: AW '04 WRX Wagon w/JDM STi drivetrain swap
Good thread - I'm trying to decide whether to just get everything from these guys to build out my wife's stripped Spike's Tactical lower she bought at the local shop. She got the lower, then left it to me, who's never built one before, to get the rest of the parts & build it out. Would you recommend getting everything from Spike's? I'm a complete noob when it comes to knowing what parts are more desirable, but I know she has requested a "folding stock" (although I prefer the collapsible). She doesn't care if it's a long upper or short (Spike's has a 7.5" for CQC), so if all you had was the lower, how would you build it? I owe her, at this point, since she got me a Glock 26 (9mm) for my wedding gift, and a Benelli Nova Pump shotgun for our last anniversary. I think I'm in love
Old 11-17-2009, 10:29 AM

Car Info: 07 legacy
iirc you cant have a shorter upper unless if you want to do a fake suppressor and that has to be permanently fixed to the upper. can someone fill in on this cause i cant remember correctly
Old 11-17-2009, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
Originally Posted by RALIWGN
Good thread - I'm trying to decide whether to just get everything from these guys to build out my wife's stripped Spike's Tactical lower she bought at the local shop. She got the lower, then left it to me, who's never built one before, to get the rest of the parts & build it out. Would you recommend getting everything from Spike's? I'm a complete noob when it comes to knowing what parts are more desirable, but I know she has requested a "folding stock" (although I prefer the collapsible). She doesn't care if it's a long upper or short (Spike's has a 7.5" for CQC), so if all you had was the lower, how would you build it? I owe her, at this point, since she got me a Glock 26 (9mm) for my wedding gift, and a Benelli Nova Pump shotgun for our last anniversary. I think I'm in love
you cannot get a folding stock unless the rifle's overall length is over 30" folded, and the barrel has to be 16" minimum, so you can get the 7.5" barrel and add a 8.5" flash hider/suppressor/fake can on it. for more info or questions post it up. we don't want you getting locked up for a SBR or AW, and don't forget a bullet button unless your going featureless.

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf
Old 11-17-2009, 11:18 AM

Car Info: AW '04 WRX Wagon w/JDM STi drivetrain swap
Originally Posted by kspek
you cannot get a folding stock unless the rifle's overall length is over 30" folded, and the barrel has to be 16" minimum, so you can get the 7.5" barrel and add a 8.5" flash hider/suppressor/fake can on it. for more info or questions post it up. we don't want you getting locked up for a SBR or AW, and don't forget a bullet button unless your going featureless.

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check their website out for more info on how to stay legal. My wife's a sheriff's deputy, btw, so she knows a little about the legality & can look things up if necessary, but I'm trying to get this set up with as little involvement from her as possible so I can surprise her for Christmas.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
let me know how i can help. i just got 2 more lower receivers making my count on ar's 4+ haha
Old 11-17-2009, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 07 legacy
i think i might buy myself another lower for christmas since i already have a lpk sitting around
Old 11-17-2009, 01:12 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

My wife's a sheriff's deputy, btw, so she knows a little about the legality & can look things up if necessary, but I'm trying to get this set up with as little involvement from her as possible so I can surprise her for Christmas.

no offense, but usually, the LE community are the LAST to know new stuff coming down the pipeline...

that's why calgunst.net is the primary source i goto for any new development...
Old 11-17-2009, 01:50 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by ldivinag
no offense, but usually, the le community are the last to know new stuff coming down the pipeline...
qft
Old 11-19-2009, 12:33 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

$55 stripped lowers:

http://www.rguns.net/rifles/rifles-s...d.shtml#SHARPS

Quick Reply: Okay! I weak.... I'm going to start building my AR