Official: SF 49ers 2011/2012 Season thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 05:06 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
I wonder if people are going to start believing the Niners are for real with this Win over the Giants?

8-1 Niners =
Old 11-13-2011, 05:20 PM

Car Info: 06 TRD Tacoma
Originally Posted by flukewrx
I wonder if people are going to start believing the Niners are for real with this Win over the Giants?

8-1 Niners =
I honestly don't think people will give us real respect until we win our first playoff game this year.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:39 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX STI
Originally Posted by flukewrx

8-1 Niners =
I would hope so. they won without Gore. That's what all the haters/analysts question about the niners. Can they win if Gore is stopped? I think they proved that today.
Smith commanded a decent offense, through the air, for the most part. It was a great game.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:42 PM

Car Info: Frankenstein 02' PBP STi :P (RIP) 2016 WRX
Originally Posted by bigeyedfi5h
I would hope so. they won without Gore. That's what all the haters/analysts question about the niners. Can they win if Gore is stopped? I think they proved that today.
Smith commanded a decent offense, through the air, for the most part. It was a great game.
Did Smith make an error in the whole game? The only thing I can think of was the interception, but that wasn't even his fault... I think his pocket awareness was really good today and he had a lot of zip on his ball!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
And Smith RAN lol
Old 11-13-2011, 10:31 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
And omg Smith RAN lol
**** ya he did. omg great ****ing game
Old 11-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Churro Aficionado

Looks like the wife and i will be going to Sundays game
Old 11-15-2011, 03:37 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Speaking of Alex Smith... I was watching Aaron Rodgers the other day and I honestly believe that dude is gonna be THE guy for the next 10-12 years. Alla Brady, Manning, Favre, etc.

The dude is a future hall of gamer for sure. He is the perfect example of how to properly groom a QB. Draft a quality guy. Put him behind a quality QB to learn from. Give him some time to learn the system. And then more importantly... design the system around what you have.

Brady/Montana/Young are the perfect examples of how to build a system for a QB. Manning and Favre were the system. Brady/Montana/Young had systems build for them. So does Rodgers. The system is built for him not to fail and he doesn't. Perfect play calling. Excellent reads. TONS TONS TONS of time in a HUGE pocket. He knows the system and he uses it. Goes through his reads... no one there.. dump to an RB, not there... out of bounds it goes. He'll run if he has too but not otherwise. It's amazing to watch. He has 3 picks all year and I think 2 of them were receiver errors. That's amazing. I think he'll go all 16 games over 100 rating and then I think they're gonna go in the playoffs and win. Then win the Super Bowl. This team I think doesn't loose.

Friggin amazing.

Where as Alex was not handled correctly and the system was not built for him to succeed. They basically put him out there and said win the game for us. Now they have a good coach and they're building a system around what they have... defense, solid run game, decent pass game. Short passes.

Only thing that I believe they are missing on is underusing Vernon Davis.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Churro Aficionado

Well said
Old 11-15-2011, 04:54 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I'm so stoked for bay area teams right now.

The Raiders still need a lot of work, but the 49ers just need to keep doing what they're doing. Harbaugh has done a fantastic job over there.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:22 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Speaking of Alex Smith... I was watching Aaron Rodgers the other day and I honestly believe that dude is gonna be THE guy for the next 10-12 years. Alla Brady, Manning, Favre, etc.

The dude is a future hall of gamer for sure. He is the perfect example of how to properly groom a QB. Draft a quality guy. Put him behind a quality QB to learn from. Give him some time to learn the system. And then more importantly... design the system around what you have.

Brady/Montana/Young are the perfect examples of how to build a system for a QB. Manning and Favre were the system. Brady/Montana/Young had systems build for them. So does Rodgers. The system is built for him not to fail and he doesn't. Perfect play calling. Excellent reads. TONS TONS TONS of time in a HUGE pocket. He knows the system and he uses it. Goes through his reads... no one there.. dump to an RB, not there... out of bounds it goes. He'll run if he has too but not otherwise. It's amazing to watch. He has 3 picks all year and I think 2 of them were receiver errors. That's amazing. I think he'll go all 16 games over 100 rating and then I think they're gonna go in the playoffs and win. Then win the Super Bowl. This team I think doesn't loose.

Friggin amazing.

Where as Alex was not handled correctly and the system was not built for him to succeed. They basically put him out there and said win the game for us. Now they have a good coach and they're building a system around what they have... defense, solid run game, decent pass game. Short passes.

Only thing that I believe they are missing on is underusing Vernon Davis.
Aaron Rodgers was the Brady before his leg was busted, absolute beast. Faster than Brady with his feet. His throws are in perfect windows, his foot work is amazing. His sense of the pocket, when to dump off, when to toss out of bounds the second he's out of the tackle box is just pure sexy. Reminds me of the Steve Young (even had a concussion or two already).

But again, you have to view the idea that he was groomed for a few years. Even Flynn, the back up of Rodgers for 3-4 years has been brought up (and seriously ready to take over for more than half of the QBs in the game).

Young sat behind Montana, Rodgers behind Farve, Flynn behind Rodgers. Romo WAS UNDRAFTED sat behind QBs in 2003, upped to #2 QB in '05, became starter in 2006. 3 years behind someone.

There are teams that build good quality QBs. I'm hoping the Harbaugh era creates some soft soil for new QBs to be bread and the winning tradition stays here (you don't need #1 round QB picks to find the right QBs). Look at Flynn, he was drafted 7th ROUND! No one thought he was going to be an NFL QB, and he just flourishes and throws almost as good of darts like Rodgers.

If you want a quality QB that isn't the lucky (and I mean real lucky) rookie like Manning (starting and become as good as he is/was), they have to sit. But the NFL, like many other things aim the game at CHANGE, and CHANGE now, due to the lucrative 40-50mil salaries the teams are paying these guys out of college. If you're paying these QBs 20mil to sit on the bench for 2 years, it isn't happening. But if you're paying a QB who is drafted late, brought up and raised in the NFL the right way, not going to cost you millions a year, it might just be the recipe for beastly QBs.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:48 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB WRX Wagon Limited Edition

Only thing that I believe they are missing on is underusing Vernon Davis.[/QUOTE]

I agree that is an ideal situation. Can't say if the niners picked Rodgers the same thing would of happened. However, I believe the system that Harbaugh is running is perfect for Alex Smith. He is making it work, and not being asked to put the team on his back. The couple times were it has come for him to step up he has. This has turned out to be one heck of a season. I am so stoked and hope the Packers lose a few to make the playoffs come through us. Going to start saving just in case, because I want to go to that game in Lambeau if the niners go there for the NFC championship.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:50 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB WRX Wagon Limited Edition
Also Kaepernick reminds me of a better Flacco. He is big, fast and has a big arm. I am looking forward to seeing him in future seasons starting for the niners.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Churro Aficionado

About to head out for the game
Old 11-20-2011, 01:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
um, WHAT THE **** AKERS!

Quick Reply: Official: SF 49ers 2011/2012 Season thread