Originally Posted by Giibo
NFC Championship Game: 49ers @ Green Bay
Book it.
talk about jynxing
Old 11-02-2011, 04:10 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
Originally Posted by JooseyJeff
talk about jynxing
I don't believe in jynxing. I called Giants WS in 2010 - I was right.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:01 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Most of the analysts judge teams by the quarterback. I like Alex but he hasnt played great since the Bucs game. Thats why they think we dont stand a chance in the post season.

I would be inclined to agree but there are still quite a few games left to hone his skills and the rest of the team is playing at the top of the game. It stung a little bit when Bradshaw was the only guy to give us a chance against the Lions but we saw how that game ended

The analysts do have a point though because look at what Indy did this season without Peyton. How would the Pack or Pats rate without a top notch QB?

Last edited by FXTbrah; 11-02-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:08 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Ill jump on that Steelers game bandwagon. My gf and I need some cheap/good seat tickets as well :P
Old 11-02-2011, 05:43 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I understand the argument with any first string QB going out. The fact that the 49ers are doing this well while Alex hasn't been awesome is pretty good.

He was there to manage the game with other head coaches and o-coordinators, but this year he's better. IMO it's Harbaugh.

49ers wins, besides the Bucs wins, weren't all that impressive. Even against the Lions and the Eagles it wasn't all that impressive. Once the 49ers can put some points up .75% of the time then they'll be a bit better. I think they're doing better than I'd imagine for the first season under Harbaugh, they'll hit the playoffs. We'll just see if they get to win vs any teams in the playoffs. NYG, Ravens, Pitt game will be the tests. These are teams that are playoff bound. They already won vs the Lions and Eagles (who are really dangerous, their record doesn't show it).

They're still working on plenty. This year looks better than good, next year Harbaugh will half the off season + picks from the draft. It looks even better.

There are some wildcard teams that end up streaky too (Cardinals, Giants, Ravens) back in the day who won it all as a wild card team. Just get into the playoffs and anything can really go. The Saints even lost against Seattle.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:30 PM

Car Info: 05 Flat White STi, 96 Widebody Brighton
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Most of the analysts judge teams by the quarterback. I like Alex but he hasnt played great since the Bucs game. Thats why they think we dont stand a chance in the post season.

I would be inclined to agree but there are still quite a few games left to hone his skills and the rest of the team is playing at the top of the game. It stung a little bit when Bradshaw was the only guy to give us a chance against the Lions but we saw how that game ended

The analysts do have a point though because look at what Indy did this season without Peyton. How would the Pack or Pats rate without a top notch QB?
yea what happened when brady went down in 08.. here's the stat line on that qb..

Matt Cassel
Record
10-5
Passing
Att Comp Yds TD Int Rate
516 327 3,693 21 11 89.4
Rushing
Att Yds Avg TD
73 270 3.7 2

i agree that a qb is very important but the biased is crazy..
Old 11-02-2011, 10:06 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
The niners will be competitive in games against NYG, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh because of their killer defense. Alex needs to manage the game, complete the easy pass plays Harbaugh/staff call, and not turnover the ball.

I liken the Niners to the Giants...

A-/A Pitching/Defense with a C+/B- offense.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Giibo
The niners will be competitive in games against NYG, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh because of their killer defense. Alex needs to manage the game, complete the easy pass plays Harbaugh/staff call, and not turnover the ball.

I liken the Niners to the Giants...

A-/A Pitching/Defense with a C+/B- offense.
agreed, alex is the variable in pretty much all of the games as it is with most teams but i do think have braylon back is going to help him as he's a big target.. really wished they would have picked up tj who's ur mama but i guess he just didnt work for them? i think its even worth the risk to go for to considering he doesnt seem to have the personality problems that he had before..
Old 11-03-2011, 12:47 PM

TJ? The dude who went to the Raiders? He's washed up, can't get any separation. We have Edwards, and Morgan when he isn't hurt.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
TJ? The dude who went to the Raiders? He's washed up, can't get any separation. We have Edwards, and Morgan when he isn't hurt.
didnt know he went to the raiders... interesting.. wonder if thats part of the reason/why they got carson.. they were a great combo a few years ago.. i just really like tj cause he wasn't afraid to go over the middle and take a hit.. didn't have trex arms so to speak.. lol..
Old 11-03-2011, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by c0rehax
didnt know he went to the raiders... interesting.. wonder if thats part of the reason/why they got carson.. they were a great combo a few years ago.. i just really like tj cause he wasn't afraid to go over the middle and take a hit.. didn't have trex arms so to speak.. lol..
It's been multiple years, I doubt there is any real "chemistry" left. Yea TJ is Oakland now... which again i think is a bad buy anywho. Palmer asked for him... and Jackson is all about NOW and nothing about next year. Maybe he can teach some of the young guys about running routes, etc. Other than that he's old and IMO washed up.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:31 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by c0rehax
Carson Palmer went to the Raiders before they signed Housh.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by flukewrx
Carson Palmer went to the Raiders before they signed Housh.
well then im curious vice vera..
Old 11-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
10 mins to game time
Old 11-06-2011, 10:06 AM

Car Info: Wrb bugeye
washington foreskins!

Quick Reply: Official: SF 49ers 2011/2012 Season thread