Official: SF 49ers 2011/2012 Season thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Harbaugh shoved him within the first 5 yards. It was totally legal.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:18 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
It's amazing how the 49ers won even with Alex doin' good, but he's good enough!
You can thank Harbaugh for that. He realizes exactly what he has. A talented hard working team with a solid defense, good running backs, good TE's and subpar WR/QB.

He is doing everything right as far as player usage. You use Alex Smith as nothing more than a consistent short game manager and let the defense and running game with the games for you. If you can shut the other teams down, drain the clock with the running games and limit turn overs..... you win.

Simple really. Simple good football.

The niners look pretty ligit. I'm glad to see Gore playing well. Glad to see Alex Smith winning. It's nice to see what playing good football can do. Detroit is a VERY good team but they've put themselves in position to loose almost every game this year. The niners are just the first to take it.

Nice to seen both sides of the bay putting competitive teams on the field.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:43 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB WRX Wagon Limited Edition
I almost wish the niners did not have a bye this week. They seem to be really rolling and look like they can beat anybody. Hopefully, the bye week does not give them some rust. They are mandated to have 4 days off, but are getting 2 extra days because of there two wins. Obviously these athletes need a break, but I am hoping it has a positive and not negative effect.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by Sean415
I almost wish the niners did not have a bye this week. They seem to be really rolling and look like they can beat anybody. Hopefully, the bye week does not give them some rust. They are mandated to have 4 days off, but are getting 2 extra days because of there two wins. Obviously these athletes need a break, but I am hoping it has a positive and not negative effect.
agree 100%
Old 10-18-2011, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Sean415
Yeah, I hope they can keep the momentum going
Old 10-18-2011, 03:14 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I think its good to have this rest and I doubt they're gonna come back and lose one against the Browns. I have faith that Harbaugh will keep them on their toes even during the bye week.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:30 PM

As a season ticket holder, I am hoping for home playoff games! Hopefully make money to pay for my tickets.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:37 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
I think its good to have this rest and I doubt they're gonna come back and lose one against the Browns. I have faith that Harbaugh will keep them on their toes even during the bye week.
They've done a lot of things right to win those games, however, they've also done a lot of things wrong during those games. I see a "bye week" as time taken to heal any in season injuries or ailments, look at what they've done wrong, and come back better. I'm not in the group that thinks this is the best they can do based on the current win total. They can most definitely do better.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:58 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Hollandaze
They've done a lot of things right to win those games, however, they've also done a lot of things wrong during those games. I see a "bye week" as time taken to heal any in season injuries or ailments, look at what they've done wrong, and come back better. I'm not in the group that thinks this is the best they can do based on the current win total. They can most definitely do better.
Word. The healthier Crabtree is the better. And Gore needs all the rest he can get if they want to be able to ride him in the playoffs.

They had a lot of penalties and Alex Smith seems to be leaving A LOT of ***** high. So hopefully they can work on those two things.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:00 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by Hollandaze
agreed, i really felt like Alex took a step back in the last win. Hopefully he can rest and rebound and we get another 48-3 win. Gore and Hunter deserve a rest and we need to figure out the wide reciever issue.

I still dont think Crabtree is worth the money. Last game on the one play, he could've planted both feet but instead he tried to score the touchdown and didnt get his second foot/same foot twice planted in the process. That and a ton of drops.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:03 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
agreed, i really felt like Alex took a step back in the last win. Hopefully he can rest and rebound and we get another 48-3 win. Gore and Hunter deserve a rest and we need to figure out the wide reciever issue.

I still dont think Crabtree is worth the money. Last game on the one play, he could've planted both feet but instead he tried to score the touchdown and didnt get his second foot/same foot twice planted in the process. That and a ton of drops.
Crabtree is still young and still recovering from foot injuries. He shows flashes of being a dominant receiver. Hopefully he can heal and move forward.

I think for the most part a lot of the issues are all about Smith's mechanics. He's floating ***** high pretty much EVERY time. That's mechanics and it should be easily fixed. He's lucky that receivers are putting themselves out there. I've seen his guys making some sketchy catches. He's gonna get someone laid out soon if he's not careful.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Crabtree is still young and still recovering from foot injuries. He shows flashes of being a dominant receiver. Hopefully he can heal and move forward.

I think for the most part a lot of the issues are all about Smith's mechanics. He's floating ***** high pretty much EVERY time. That's mechanics and it should be easily fixed. He's lucky that receivers are putting themselves out there. I've seen his guys making some sketchy catches. He's gonna get someone laid out soon if he's not careful.
I think Crabtree will continue to improve. I think things will open up for Crabtree once Braylon returns. It's a big disapointment to see Morgan go down, but I think the niners have a good WR corps.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Churro Aficionado

Im not a huge fan of Crabtree. Just doesnt seem like a real team player and seems to have a big ego
Old 10-18-2011, 08:30 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I don't see too much of an ego in Crabtree, he's stayed pretty much silent. Now has a chance to get on the field a bit more with Morgan out, made some good catches. I doubt he'll be "the dominant" one considering he is still pretty young. Vernon Davis is the guy I expect to be dominant at his position, he's around his prime at with his experience and still crazy fit. Waitin for another break out year. Then again, that all detracts from the 49ers ground game, which has definitely been hot as of late. Back to back 200 yard games is fine with me. Going at the defense wears them down. =D
Old 10-19-2011, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 05 Flat White STi, 96 Widebody Brighton
glad that they're playing the browns after their bye..

Quick Reply: Official: SF 49ers 2011/2012 Season thread