Official: SF 49ers 2011/2012 Season thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:08 PM

Romo had a lousy game today for the most part (esp before the rib injury), yet he still ended up with better numbers than Smith.

Either way, seems like the niners and raiders are mirroring each other for the first 2 games.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:17 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Which smith? He threw a pick that ended up in 7 points. Nice backbreaker there. On a simple read, even the announcers broke down how he effed that one up.

No chance of greatness.
you guys are expecting him to go from **** to great this season and i promise that wont happen but it really wasnt his fault the offensive line sucked and he was hit/sacked multiple times. im glad he didnt fumble the ball at all and he got up everytime ready to play ball. to me thats playing good but i can understand how people expecting greatness will be disappointed.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 09-19-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by fuzzypanda187
At the time it was a good call, but now in hindsight it could have made a difference. It was a good game overall, i'll give it to Romo with that fractured rib though.....GG.
well the way i was looking at it when i happened (and still think so) that they should have taken the 1st and 10 and went further down field to try and get a TD. If they couldnt make a TD, then they would still be able to take a FG at a closer shot AND ate more time off the clock.

Dallas didnt tie the game till the last 2 seconds of the 4th. If the 9ers went for a TD or late FG instead of taking the FG, that could have been the difference in the game in points or time limit.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:36 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
^^^

Yup
Old 09-18-2011, 10:49 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Romo pulled a Favre.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:11 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Yeah .. Getting free lunch today... 49ers couldn't hang..
Old 09-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by CaliSuby
Yeah .. Getting free lunch today... 49ers couldn't hang..
and whos your team.....the raiders
Old 09-19-2011, 09:56 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
well the way i was looking at it when i happened (and still think so) that they should have taken the 1st and 10 and went further down field to try and get a TD. If they couldnt make a TD, then they would still be able to take a FG at a closer shot AND ate more time off the clock.

Dallas didnt tie the game till the last 2 seconds of the 4th. If the 9ers went for a TD or late FG instead of taking the FG, that could have been the difference in the game in points or time limit.
yea i was pretty upset at that call. it just screamed lack of confidence in the offense from harbaugh. oh well, live and learn!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:33 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I remember this situation with Pittsburgh. Except Tomlinson grabbed his *****, said "I'm a man" told his guys to put a helmet on helmet and smashmouth football for the win.

Why not end the game with the ground and pound? You have a lead, you can chew the clock. Sure, if the 49ers won, he would have looked brilliant... but you want to build some character of the team. Take the penalty, and crush your opponent and don't let them get the ball back.

IMO, I hope next time Harbaugh chooses to try and END the game, not rely on his defense. That's when you show your team that you are willing to TAKE the 'W' instead of playing defense.

And BTW, not blitzing has killed the 49ers every single time (Remember that Minnesota game? LoL), force the QB hurry up and maybe he'll make a mistake. Almost any QB who is GIVEN stuff and not pressured will make the right choice.

As for the Alex Smith, thinking he should be great... No dude, he isn't great, no dude I wasn't expect him to be great. I was expecting him to manage the game. Even friggin' Shaun Hill can manage the game better than Alex Smith. Make the safe throws, take the lead into account.

49ers philosophy is shot to **** at the moment. If you have a lead, you can #1, be a GB or NO team and get more points to protect the lead. Or #2, ground and pound with the run game like a Pittsburgh/Atlanta team.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:56 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB WRX Wagon Limited Edition
This is a must win game this week. I really hope we can come out 2-1. The thing that is interesting is, right after Andy Dalton was picked the niners moved up in the draft and picked Kaepernick. I wonder if they were going after Dalton, he has looked good so far.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:36 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by Sean415
This is a must win game this week. I really hope we can come out 2-1. The thing that is interesting is, right after Andy Dalton was picked the niners moved up in the draft and picked Kaepernick. I wonder if they were going after Dalton, he has looked good so far.
Dalton was one of the players on their Draft Board. Once he was off the board they decided they had to make the move for Kaepernick as he was apparently the last QB in the Top Tier they felt they wanted to go after. They apparently also had Ricky Stanzi way down the board, but he was far more of a project than Kaepernick.

Surprisingly it doesn't seem like Mallett was on the board for too many teams and slipped all the way down to the Patriots which may have been the best fit for him. I'm guessing the Colts have to be kicking themselves for not grabbing him when they had the chance seeing as how Manning isn't playing right now and still may not for a while. Who knows how he will be when he comes back?

I still say that I would not be surprised to see the Niners pick up another QB in the draft next year seeing as how Alex Smith is supposed to be gone after this season which would mean we still need that extra QB slot to be filled. If it's a high draft QB (i.e. 1st round or 2nd round) will depend on what is sitting there in front of us when we draft, but I definitely see us coming away with at least 1 QB in the draft next year.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:38 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
On another note, when is Vernon Davis going to get going? I know he was put in line to block D. Ware this past week, but the guy really needs to start having the ball in his hands as he is one of the best weapons we have right now (especially with Braylon out for a while due to the knee injury & the perpetual injuries to Crabtree's foot).
Old 09-22-2011, 04:52 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
and whos your team.....the raiders
.... The team that beat ur team..
Old 09-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by CaliSuby
.... The team that beat ur team..
You guys sucked it up the entire game, and got lucky from a bad call from out coach. And have the same record as us
Old 09-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I don't see the niners winning this weekend. Dalton is a force, they going to score all over you guys. I think you guys will shut down their run, but, I don't see your secondary doing enough to stop Dalton.

At least, I hope not... I'm starting AJ Green

Quick Reply: Official: SF 49ers 2011/2012 Season thread