Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
We need to get something goin thats for sure
Old 01-02-2011, 08:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
btw it looks as if we will be getting the 7th pick in the draft but we are still behind Arizona and Carolina of course.

so that most likely will take Andrew Luck and Jake Locker off the boards
Old 01-02-2011, 10:09 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Yea, I was hoping the 49ers would find someone with great mechanics like a Matt Ryan or Bradford (his mechanics is amazing, he just needs receivers to stop dropping the ball).

And the 49ers failed with Smith instead of Rodgers. But most definitely there will be a QB drafted, 49ers need a couple of the top prospects to really give the offense a chance. And there has to be a consistent o-coordinator.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by 831subaru
commentators said it would be the last time alice would be playing for the niners....hope its true and it better happen
The funny thing is, it wouldn't surprise me if Jed re-signed Alice Smith to another contract.

Jed York and Trent Baalke are the Chris Cohan and Robert Rowell of football. York's not serious about hiring a brand name GM because 1) he's too cheap and 2) he's comfortable hiring from within, and doesn't want any GM who will mess with the power structure. 3) Baalke is the cheap option and the most familiar to him.

Some have pointed out that Baalke may be the key to getting Harbaugh, but once again, I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh doesn't sign with the 49ers. Who would want to work for Jed anyway? Especially when you have other attractive options on the table.

Gruden's not a likely candidate for the 49ers. He's too expensive and will want his own GM. He's also likely to want full control of the 49er decisions and Jed's not willing to give that up.

Baalke would've already been hired a few days ago, had it not been for Lombardi leaking to the media that Baalke is the next 49er GM. Fans were outraged (just check the 49er boards and forums). 1) Jed said he was going to look at a list of GMs and the only one he interviewed at the time was Lombardi, making his press conference statements all lies. 2) He didn't even interview the rest of the candidates before making a decision.

I'm sure that's where his uncle Eddie Debartalo stepped in told him to hold off on making a decision until he's gone through the motions of choosing a candidate. But like I said before, Jed's comfortable with the current power structure and doesn't want to change that. All I have to say to Jed is, good luck trying to get that new stadium. You're gonna need it.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

^^^ so true

but I'm ok with baalke being the new GM

his only flaw right now is that hes there now

his draft picks and ability to judge talent has been good imo since most of our draft picks do show promise

the main thing that's missing for this team right now is bonified coaches! that can develop a QB among other things

the talent is here we just need someone that can harness the talent, and plug them into a system that they can perform and succeed in
Old 01-03-2011, 11:58 AM

If they fail to land Harbaugh, I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Tomsula ended up as HC lol
Old 01-03-2011, 12:30 PM

There are a few options still on the table. Holmgren still loves football and denied playing coaching for the Browns.

49ers aren't in that bad of a spot... well besides the QB spot/o-coordinator spot, the weapons are all there.

When the 49ers had Steve Young and Montana it was all about the west coast offense, short passes and let the receivers make the plays. Holmgren fits that well (he did good @ seattle with that) and would look for an offensive coach that would bring just that.

The only instability is the QB spot. I KNOW for sure that the QB coach of the 49ers sucks, and switching coordinators every year doesn't help either. 49ers need a Harbaugh or someone intuned from where Harbaugh coaches to use that talent he trained his guys to do.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:50 PM

1. Carolina Panthers
2. Denver Broncos
3. Buffalo Bills
4. Cincinnati Bengals
5. Arizona Cardinals
6. Cleveland Browns
7. San Francisco 49ers

Draft order... Lots of teams with QB issues before the Niners.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
^ we're ****ed
Old 01-03-2011, 05:44 PM

Broncos won't draft a QB, but other than that the rest are in dire need. Although buffalo isn't a bad team, and Palmer is a Smith, with potential, but damn inconsistent. The 49ers might just end up grabbing a CB for spencer or clements, they're gettin kinda old. If it isn't the top 3, there are still some potentials... lol.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 PM
VIP Member

harbaugh the new HC by monday...

that's what im thinking...

the Michigan job is a step backwards... next year stanford will be ranked 5th by default and luck will stay if jim stays so why would he want to start another 4 year rebuild to the bcs at Michigan?

Miami? hahaha no chance

raiders? OMG seriously? like they would pay through the nose for a HC

Denver? please! just cause john was a stanford player in the 80's ... doubt it

the 49ers have a owner thats going to shower him with money and hes going to take over a team with talent, and im sure hes biting at the chance to BEAT DOWN pete twice a year and then take on his brother when we meet up with the ravens

this is his calling! to come to the NFL and be the HC of his mentors team (bill walsh) get paid over 5million and win himself a kiss on his very own Lombardi trophy

go 9ers!

Last edited by zumnwrx; 01-04-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:20 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
It doesn't help they hired an in house GM. If they hired Lombardi I would like their chances a lot but they went with someone who is part of a group that failed before.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:07 PM

Eh, some rumors out that Harbaugh is looking for a deal similar to Pete Carroll's over 6mil per year... and the 49ers really are pushing for him. I wouldn't doubt them going up for that. Michigan is falling out, I highly doubt he'll be moving there. Having Pete vs Jim would make another huge thing.

Plus with the 49ers at least there is talent at every spot but the QB spot (which Jim specializes in) so Harbaugh at least knows what to look for in a QB coming out of college or the ones in the NFL that haven't had a chance yet.

49ers are in dire need of fixing the DBs and/or pass rush and a QB with a HC.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:32 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
If we get Jim maybe he can persuade Luck to come to the 49ers =)
Old 01-05-2011, 09:32 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Money is NO Object for the 49ers. Seriously ... You would think you are getting paid NOTHING for working with us ... Wait ... That's exactly what we will do, pay you nothing.

Quick Reply: Official: SF 49ers 2010/2011 Season thread