Official: SF 49ers 2010/2011 Season thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:21 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
so how do you fix the offensive line?

thats the question
with practice. isnt the o line all rookies this year?
hopefully it will get better next season.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
with practice. isnt the o line all rookies this year?
hopefully it will get better next season.
well thats a lot of hope to put on this coaching staff.

this team has really not matured any since last season... now with the hopes of picking up of Andrew Luck all gone.

im going to HOPE the Yorks WILL pony up and bring in a REAL offensive minded coach and let HIM take over and clean house.

Last edited by zumnwrx; 11-21-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:19 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
well thats a lot of hope to put on this coaching staff.

this team has really not matured any since last season... now with the hopes of picking up of Andrew Luck all gone.

im going to HOPE the Yorks WILL pony up and bring in a REAL offensive minded coach and let HIM take over and clean house.
That's assuming we keep Winning games though. It may still be a possibility that we pick him up.

You'd have to look at what teams could possibly finish with a worse record than the Niners and see if any of them need a QB or would be willing to take a QB.

Bills - 2-8 - Ryan Fitzpatrick is looking like a legit QB for them though so they may be more inclined to fix the O-Line or Defense instead if they finish with a High Draft Pick.

Teams with 3-7 or Worse Records currently.

Bengals - This is a possibility as who knows how confident they are in their backup QB's and Palmer has been looking like he is holding the team back more than helping this year.

Browns - Colt McCoy is looking solid so far so I would think they would be happy with him at least for now and possibly draft a late round QB instead of a high pick QB if they get a QB at all.

Broncos - Don't need a QB as Orton is doing solid for them and they already invested this year in Tebow.

Cowboys - If they start stumbling they could end up with a High Draft Pick as well and while Tony Romo is the starter maybe they decide they need another QB. I find this unlikely though as I just don't see them getting rid of Romo any time soon, but it depends on how healthy he is when he comes back.

Lions - Already have Stafford so seriously doubt they would go after another top of the draft QB.

Vikings - This is very possible as they are on the decline this year and Favre is done at the end of the season. Who knows how much confidence they actually have in Tavaris Jackson.

Panthers - This team is a mess, but they already have Clausen so I doubt they will go after another rookie QB.

Cardinals - This is also possible as Max Hall & John Skelton may or may not be the answer for this team moving forward, but they may feel like these guys are projects while Luck may be a higher level talent worth investing in.

So basically out of all these teams the Vikings, Cardinals, Bengals & Bills could all potentially be looking at Luck, but we'll have to wait and see.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:32 AM

so how do you fix the offensive line?

thats the question
it wasn't all the OL's fault in the game. Troy Smith was hesitant to throw the ball, and on average kept the ball for 5+ seconds in the pocket. You can only hold the defense for so long before the defense breaks through and gets to the QB. Ball should be out of Smith's hands in less than 4 seconds, preferably 3.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
^^^ WHAT? 3 sec??? i guess that would be logical if we had our WR in enzo's

eh... but I know nothing other the I'm extreamly disgruntled when it comes to this subject

and I'm not alone

http://bit.ly/9iTYQC

Last edited by zumnwrx; 11-22-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:11 PM

Car Info: Nadda
You know the more I listen to Singletary's conferences the more I think he lacks the skill at head coaching. Sure I went along with the physical, kinda conservative explanations and blah blah blah progress this, working on that, etc. But now I just think he needs to really get to the grit of stuff. Answer the questions a bit more in detail, show us ya know something... not "Well, with regards to the offensive play calls, we just need to figure out what fits with Troy Smith" bleh bleh bleh...

We know what Troy can do already, get him in a bit of a rhythm, bootlegs, etc. and let him make plays down the field.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
FTW
Old 11-29-2010, 10:50 PM

Vs a team that kept going 3 and out and a defense who couldn't stop the run... a win that didn't prove the 49ers were ahead of what they have done in the past.

If it was 40 somethin points, then maybe, but this was just a give me.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:48 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Vs a team that kept going 3 and out and a defense who couldn't stop the run... a win that didn't prove the 49ers were ahead of what they have done in the past.

If it was 40 somethin points, then maybe, but this was just a give me.
completely disagree a win is a win, with only 16 games in the season every one counts and im sure it was a big confidence booster for the team. With troy smith now being 3-1 the team can start feeling confident behind him. While there were throws that should have been better he made some really nice leads as well that had damn near perfect placement. Things are looking up, no need to slough off a win because you think it was too easy. One game back from first place, I'm feeling good.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Churro Aficionado

Westbrook ftw
Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 AM

Arizona's defense was as bad as the Warriors defense when David Lee was injured. Game was nothing to brag about. Gore's probably out for the season, although Westbrook and Dixon should fill the shoes nicely.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Redils16
completely disagree a win is a win, with only 16 games in the season every one counts and im sure it was a big confidence booster for the team. With troy smith now being 3-1 the team can start feeling confident behind him. While there were throws that should have been better he made some really nice leads as well that had damn near perfect placement. Things are looking up, no need to slough off a win because you think it was too easy. One game back from first place, I'm feeling good.
And the 7-4 tampa bay bucs wont make the playoffs cuz of the divisional playoff rules. LoL, and they allowed... OH YEA 0 points.

Hardly a comparison. 49ers barely match a mediocre team in a different division. Maybe if they can pull off an 8-8 season... but as for now Gore is toast (and I guarantee you'll see that later) Anyone crap running back could have done with Westbrook did, the lanes were bigger than the grand canyon.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Anyone crap running back could have done with Westbrook did, the lanes were bigger than the grand canyon.
Do not agree
Old 11-30-2010, 03:58 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Arizona's defense was as bad as the Warriors defense when David Lee was injured. Game was nothing to brag about. Gore's probably out for the season, although Westbrook and Dixon should fill the shoes nicely.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Frank Gore (Hip) & Dominique Zeigler (Torn ACL) were both put on IR.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:59 PM

Westbrook is old and injury prone. Dixon will definitely be the future of the team, he's young, needs to bulk up a tad more, have better vision. But I like his downhill running style. And I still back up what I said. I dont know what games you guys were watching, but the holes the O-line created were huge. Westbrook made a few guys miss in them, but I don't think it was impossible to replicate being Arizona is the worst team in the league, or close about.

Quick Reply: Official: SF 49ers 2010/2011 Season thread