Old 11-16-2010, 12:08 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
regular season and ever
Old 11-16-2010, 06:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
^^^ yes!

so sources are reporting that the yorks have contacted mike holmgren

don't know how I feel about him or anything else, since we still don't have a real quarterback!

I like Troy, but only cause where winning, soon those risky college style tosses are going to become turn overs and the honey moon will be over
Old 11-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by 831subaru
isnt troy smith the first black QB to be a starter in niner history?
I was talking about that with my wife on Sun..

Smith
Garcia
Young
Montana

and that goes back to the 80's
Old 11-16-2010, 07:47 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sport...106144344.html

Troy Smith: 49ers' First-Ever Black Starting QB
By JOE KUKURA

It won't just be a geographic first when the 49ers play their first game in London this Sunday with Troy Smith as their new starting quarterback. It will also be something of a ethno-cultural, demographic first.
Turns out that it will be the first time in the franchise's entire 64-year history that the 49ers will start an African-American at the quarterback position. Troy Smith is the 49ers' first-ever black starting quarterback.
Go ahead and check the list of every single starting quarterback the 49ers have ever had. About the darkest-skinned guy you'll see on that list is Jim Plunkett (1976 and 1977).
Even though practice squad quarterback Nate Davis has appeared in seven preseason games for the 49ers, he did not start any of them. Preseason games do not count toward official NFL statistics anyway.
While Troy Smith's promotion from third-stringer to starter may seem like a desperation move for the 49ers, the Santa Rosa Press Democrat's Eric Branch suggests that Smith may be the best of the three. Branch notes in a tweet that Troy Smith has a higher career quarterback rating (79.7) than Alex Smith (70.2) or David Carr (74.9).
Ironically, the first black NFL quarterback ever made his debut against the 49ers. The Chicago Bears' Willie Thrower was the first African-American to play quarterback in the NFL, making his debut in a Bears-49ers game in 1952.
Troy Smith, of course, claims he's color-blind about the whole thing. "Football is football," Smith told the San Jose Mercury News. "And any way you cut it up, it's going to be 11 guys on offense and 11 guys on defense."
Except one of those guys on offense is making San Francisco 49ers history, Troy Smith.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Churro Aficionado

Troy Smith, of course, claims he's color-blind about the whole thing. "Football is football," Smith told the San Jose Mercury News. "And any way you cut it up, it's going to be 11 guys on offense and 11 guys on defense."
Awesome
Old 11-16-2010, 11:06 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
And i was right
Old 11-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Churro Aficionado

congrats on being right?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:15 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Who cares if he's black/white/green, the dude can play!

Oh, and a bit off topic... but Vick on Monday night just proved to the world that his skill is STILL unlike any other QB that has ever hit the market.

He's got Desean Jackson speed that can extend plays and his accuracy has been perfect, whoever had the chance to pick him up after his time in prison and passed are complete fools. Use the guy that gives you the best chance to win.

Vick IMO > P. Manning/Brady.

Eagles team just went from kinda explosive, to retardly explosive now that Vick is The Man, and I will speculate MVP this year.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:02 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by iLoqin

Oh, and a bit off topic... but Vick on Monday night just proved to the world that his skill is STILL unlike any other QB that has ever hit the market.

He's got Desean Jackson speed that can extend plays and his accuracy has been perfect, whoever had the chance to pick him up after his time in prison and passed are complete fools. Use the guy that gives you the best chance to win.

Eagles team just went from kinda explosive, to retardly explosive now that Vick is The Man, and I will speculate MVP this year.
After the performance last night I would not be surprised if Vick is in the running for MVP. However, Philip Rivers has put the whole team on his back and is on pace to beat Dan Marino's record for most yardage in a season.

Manning is still in the race as well as he's been able to put pretty much Joe Schmo off the street in to a Colts uniform and make them a productive receiver this year.

It will definitely be interesting to see who wins it this year as it looks like the Eagles are really emerging as a dangerous team that has Super Bowl potential.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:36 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by iLoqin

Lots of time to exercise in prison.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:08 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Cant exercise accuracy and intelligence.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Churro Aficionado

bleh
Old 11-21-2010, 05:06 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
tonights game was sad. there were a couple good defensive plays but it was mostly ****
Old 11-21-2010, 06:43 PM

Mike Dingleberry mentions 9 times (out of 16 questions) in the post game interview that he needs to "check the film" to see what went wrong.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
so how do you fix the offensive line?

thats the question

Quick Reply: Official: SF 49ers 2010/2011 Season thread